It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Out of My Body, Into My Mind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
For quite some time I have had extraordinary experiences. I suspect many millions of people have, because I have never been far above or below and average person.

When I was a child I had frequent Lucid Dreams, but I thought this was the norm for everyone. The big difference in my Lucid Dreams and normal dreams was the memory aspect and not much else - to begin with. I could remember my Lucid state as if it were a memory of an event that occurred earlier in the day, though at that age I didn't really control my dreams.

This could be very frightening, because I would sometimes become Lucid in a nightmare. This all changed in 1988, I was nine years old, when A Nightmare On Elm Street 4: The Dream Master was released. The first time I saw the movie I was quite entertained, but it also seemed like the idea of dream control was possible.

I never had anyone tell me about dreams, so I was really on my own in this experiment. Withing just a few days of watching the movie and having the idea that I could control the dreams I began to just that.

I could control my dreams, my nightmares became nothing at all, as I could stop them and do what ever I pleased in the dream state. Again, I thought this was typical - and I am still not sure that it isn't typical.

This went on for a few years. When I was around 14 years old my mother and I had an experience with a close encounter of the UFO kind. We saw a massive UFO hovering only about 150ft off the ground and about 200ft. off the side of the roadway.

I started a thread about this a while back, but there was a few people who must have thought I am crazy and started trying to call me out, which is understandable - if it hadn't of happened to me I would think it was crazy too. Really, even if it had happened to me and I was alone I would have thought I was nuts, but thankfully I had someone with me who experienced the event.

Anyway, I continued to have these dreams and thinking nothing was out of the ordinary. When I was about 18-19 years old I got a job at a super-market. I worked the night shift and got off at about 1:00a.

One night after finishing up my work I headed home ( I live in a small town that has a four lane highway passing through it) on the highway. On my route I would go up a large hill and down it on the other side.

As I came down this hill I noticed a modest light in the sky off to the right of the highway about 50ft. As I came down the hill the light positioned its-self over the road. An incredible yellow light projected out of the object - the light was very thin, but covered the roadway from side-to-side much like an upside down V - just in front of my path of travel.

As my car passed through the light I could feel the light with great intensity (an almost unexplainable feeling - it felt really good to be honest, but it was mixed with a shocking-shaking type of feeling)as it hit my legs and moved up my body, all the way until it reached the tip-top of my head.

When the light had reached the top of my head I could feel, instantly, my consciousness being taken up the path of the light and into the object projecting it.

It took only a split second to travel up the light, into the object, and out the bottom of the object back into my car. My car was still traveling down the hill, but it had moved probably 80ft-100ft down the road while I was out of it. I was scared an didn't know what to think, I posted about this as well in another thread.

O.K., so on to more Lucid dreams or so I thought. I didn't know that there were people who studied how to have Lucid Dreams, I always thought that Dr.s just researched them. Over the years I developed a way to fall asleep while still being in control of my thoughts, this allowed me to have complete control of my dreams and I had many awesome dreams, but nothing was to prepare me for what happened next.

Just a few months ago my dreams began to evolve into something I had never experienced before. Scary, incredible, exhilarating are all words I could use to describe my first couple experiences I am about to share with you.

One night I laid down to sleep and fell into a deep sleep. I slept through the night until the early morning hours when I was woke up by the urge to go to the bathroom. I sat up on my bed and stood up. Something was funny feeling but I couldn't tell what. I glanced over at my bed and saw a body lying there. I was startled and couldn't believe it, it was me! What the hell was going on?

I thought this must just be some form of dream like when your phone rings while your sleeping and you answer it only to hear it ring again and realize you are still asleep. I decided to move around and see what was up with this.

I went over to my wall and tried to put my face through the wall and got most of the way through, but stopped just before passing all the way out. I moved a couple feet to the left and tried the window and passed directly through it.

I was outside my home and everything was identical to the way it is in reality, everything. In fact, if I hadn't seen my body on the bed and passed through the window I wouldn't know I was asleep. I floated above the ground and decided to try and fly. At first I couldn't get that high, but after a few tries I was able to go to extreme heights. I tried to fly to a different state, but got lost in the dark of the night and not knowing any landmarks to recognize.

I flew back home and around my yard. I sat at the edge of my swimming pool and dipped my legs into the water up to my knees and could feel it just like it was real. I decided to go to my parents home and show my mom what I was doing.

When I got there I went into their bedroom and saw her lying asleep on their bed. I reached out and tried to move her arm and couldn't, but there was a great sensation when I touched her arm.

I flew back to my house and into my room, where I saw my body still laying on the bed. I sat back down where I had originally woke up and laid back down into my body. I wiggled a bit and when I was almost all the way back in my body I felt a huge jolt like being in a fender bender. I woke up and was excited about what just happened.

Over the past few months I have had a couple more experiences similar, but not as extreme as the first one, until just two nights ago.

Continued in next post:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Continued from previous post:

So two nights ago I had an experience that makes me question how these might be more than just dreams.

I laid down to go to sleep, I was really tired. I slept throughout most of the night until around 6:00a. I woke up and went to the bathroom and came back to bed. I laid down to go to sleep, I stayed perfectly still, and I could feel a tingling sensation come over my body starting at my feet and moving to my head. As the sensation moved up my body a feeling of extreme heaviness could be felt on my limbs and torso. I figure I was just real tired, so I didn't move.

I got the urge to roll over and re-position my body to get more comfortable. When I did I rolled right out of my body. I stood up and, again, saw myself on the bed. And, again, I passed through the window into my front yard.

I flew to about 30ft in the air and looked at my house and yard, it was getting daylight outside. I didn't know this when I was going back to sleep, because my room is so dark.

Every time I have had one of these experiences everything is 100% real and in some cases my senses seem even better than in reality. I said that to say this, what came next seemed like something you would see in a cartoon, but the animals were real - just like you see now.

I looked out into my yard and saw these two, relatively large, birds. The birds had ropes coming off their feet and attached to the ropes was a big sign type of board. The two birds were carrying this sign through the air around my yard.

On the sign was all kinds of colors, like a painting where someone had just splashed the paint all over the sign. I thought this was odd, but nothing more really. I floated around for a bit and saw cars coming and going, presumably people going to work.

I went to my backyard and saw a brown horse with white markings on it's nose and chest. I went down to the horse and walked beside it to the edge of my yard. I didn't make it follow me or anything like that. It seemed as if it just understood to walk next to me. I left it at the edge of my yard.

I went back into my house and, again, laid back into my body where I was jolted awake.

The next thing is what is really weird to me. About 2.5hours later my neighbor calls me. He says he has been driving all morning coming back from just outside Nashville, TN. He wants to know if I am busy so I can come outside and help him unload some peacocks and a horse he just got.

Is this just a co-incidence? He never told me that he was going to get these animals, in fact I hadn't talked to him in about 3 months. Even then we just talked about going to play golf.

I really don't know what to think of this. I was hoping some of you would have some information or know of a site I could go to, to study this more.

I have looked for a couple site and everything I can find just shows how to have these experiences and then tries to sell a CD or DVD showing how.

Thanks

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
You've been having out of body experiences, or astral projection. There's a mahoosive thread with a veritable wealth of information for you to wade through...right about.....there > www.abovetopsecret.com...

And I have to say, I hate you!!
I've been trying to do this for ages (well, about a year) and I've had no joy. Then you stroll on and can do it with the greatest of ease. You're incredibly lucky, in my book. I've no idea about the animals in your experience, prehaps you did "know" subconsciously that they were coming. Or maybe they were asleep and lucid dreaming about where they were coming, and you saw them. Maybe the birds holding a sign, was a litteral "sign" to say that you're gaining abilities to do this and to take this venture on. To be honest, I'm just throwing ideas around, as I've not had the experience, I don't suppose I'm qualified to comment. But I have read that time isn't the same in the astral place. So maybe you did see the future.

Anyway, interesting read, thank you

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Nightmare on Elm St. 4 is my favourite movie of the series!

I saw that one when I was a kid, too.

Anyway, I also used to have lucid dreams as a kid. Now I only have them
every now and then, but as a kid it was like second nature to me to
take control of my dreams. My fondest dream memory was being able
fly by blowing up a plastic ziplock bag and laying on it. I flew all over my
neighborhood.

I don't think what you experienced was coincidence. I once dreamed of
meeting a girl about a month before I actually met her.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
A very well wriiten opost.

Astral roaming, interesting about the wanting to go to the toilet part.

It is accepted that lucid dreaming is most remembered when one wakes up with a full bladder.

We are all spirits , we all know that.

Some of us have desirable bottoms , breasts, faces ect, some have the opposite, but it is all an illusion.

Dreams are very relevent but ignored by mainstream society, except in a jokey or off hand way.

You can tap into others minds by dreaming.

Or they can tap into you.

We are all one but think we are many.

God knows and weeps for the scattered sheep.

Dreams are only possible because we are asleep , just as we dream when we are asleep when we awake.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

I had an OBE but did not have any control over it. I can tell you it has changed my perspective on a lot of things and I no longer dismiss peoples' claims out right.

I am still a skeptic in regards as I want some proof to the alien abductions, but after my experience I will never doubt what people have to say on their experiences.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

I have been reading a bit more about this online since it has happened to me. It blows my mind how many people take these experiences and put them in relation with alien abductions.

I would hate to think this happened because an alien was near, or wanted me to visit him. I would much rather think that this is happening in my own mind, unassisted from anyone, or thing.

It seems that lot of the people base the entire idea that they have been abducted off of strange dreams. I cannot say that they are wrong, but I can't say they are right either.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
You can astral travel now

clap clap clap

The body has the ability to send out an energy which is capable of many things in which your consciousness can reside. I know what you mean when you say things feel more real in this state. Look for beings that can help you, your spirit guide can take many forms. He can guide you through this world of infinite possibilities.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by stevedel0

Everynight, anyone that sleeps astral travels. Its just that few of us can be trained, or are lucky enough to be conscious throughout this experience.
Its not a natural state to be conscious, as sleep and dreaming are functions of the sub-conscious.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by stevedel0

I have seen a couple things during these experiences.

I have seen a horse and a couple of birds.

Both subjects were obviously intended for me to see, because they were placed in my field of view in areas they wouldn't normally be and they were the focal point of the scene.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Hi este, the experiences I've had with this have always been uncontrolable (to force control ruins the experience), and what I've encountered has been arbitrary.
Sometimes these experiences can be very much akin to lucid dreaming experiences; so it can be difficult to sepparate the 2 once fully conscious.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I imagine for some people their visits or abductions are astral type, if they don't require dna, or have things to do with you perhaps, for some anyway. However, abductions tend to be real body events and often leave wounds, sometimes for whole families.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

Yeah. i've had dreams of Ufo's etc before also. Do you think this means I've possibly been abducted?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by KRISKALI777

The more I read about these experiences the more I come across people claiming ties to EBE abductions. I suppose that it is possible, as just about anything is.

I found a site just a day or so ago that asks for your detailed account of the experience and a lot of the questions are geared to ask about odd scars and UFO dreams and such.

It seems that many, many people believe this is the case. I am not sure, as I have never seen an Alien up close and personal, though I have had some pretty dang strange happenings.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by KRISKALI777
reply to post by mystiq

Yeah. i've had dreams of Ufo's etc before also. Do you think this means I've possibly been abducted?

That would be a possibility, though they are in the media so one could just dream something I suppose as well. However, it would be a subjective search for answers, or perhaps a memory that stands out and doesnt seem to fit in to a normal slot, an anomaly. It wouldn't hurt to look at some et script:

www.abduct.com...

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Sometimes this can bring some clues that something is buried, emotions close to the surface or deeper may be discharged around an event. These things carried quite an emotional discharge for me. I think its something you are questioning yourself then its worth exploring.

[edit on 3-6-2009 by mystiq]

new topics

top topics

join