It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I-5 rock throwing allegedly a game; strip for every headlight broken

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
SOURCE

A 23-year-old Tacoma man and an 18-year-old Lakewood woman are suspected of throwing rocks from a railroad trestle onto at least 14 vehicles traveling southbound on Interstate 5 early Monday.

The two were jailed for investigation of malicious mischief and second-degree assault.

According to the State Patrol, drivers reported getting hit by rocks in the Clover Park area about 12:20 a.m.

One person was injured slightly but not hospitalized.

Investigators told KOMO-TV that the couple was playing a stripping game that involved each of them shedding a layer of clothing for every headlight they managed to break.

video1

Personally, I think aggrievated attempted second degree murder would be a better charge.

I drove under that bridge just hours later.

A projectile is a projectile.

It is an abomination and a view into the lack of sense running amok in todays youths/young adults.

If you threw a major league 60+ MPH pitch using a rock and using these two as targets, one strike might knock some sense into them.
Obviously, there is a lack of forethought and lack of over-all thought for that matter.
What is to blame?

No oversight and the threat of legal action for use corporal punishment?
Public Schooling?
Broken Home?
Hormones?

I believe some of us are living in fantasy land with no one there who's hands are not tied.

This is a reality check.

Of course, there is the possibility that the girl is so hot it is worth the potential view rewarded for some broken headlamps. The problem is, how many must suffer or die before the last thread is removed?

Now it makes more sense....doesn't it?

Additional Article

[edit on 27-5-2009 by imd12c4funn]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

I myself am a 23 year old... I agree that what these two did was idiotic and childish but to generalize my generation as having "lack of sense" because of the actions of two people is well plain ignorant...

[edit on 27-5-2009 by iamjesusphish]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Stupid kids have been throwing rocks at cars since cars first hit the road. The fact that this time, the 'kids' were in their late teens/early twenties doesn't really mean much as far as I'm concerned.

While I actually agree with your conclusions about the state of our citizens, I think that you're over-estimating the nature of the incident as it pertains to the question.

Nothing new here, just garden-variety stupidity.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by iamjesusphish

I agree, I don't know what it is, but I see quite a few older generation put us all in the same group, not exactly "wise"

I would have expected this rock throwing thing to be 13 year old kids, not a 23 year old haha.

Maybe he was trying to show off to the girl haha, stupid.

Edit: just read they were playing a stripping game!

How stupid can they be, they could easily end up, killing somebody while both naked and the cops catch them.

Really was not the right place to play a stripping game..... or a rock game..

Serious dumbasses.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I am 29 . . . I used to hide in the bushes and shoot BB's and pellets at passing cars when I was about 11 or 12.

I shattered quite a few windows.

When you are young . . . you do not think of the consequences. You do things on a whim.

I look back now, and see how stupid I was

These young adults are a little old for that kind of stuff, though . . . so who knows.

[edit on 27/5/2009 by xxpigxx]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

Kids I knew used to play a game that had you running in front of a car before it runs you over. Really stupid!

I think people play the train game of that too.

I've never done those things, it just confused me really, so crazy.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by WyrdeOne

dropping baseball size rocks on vehicles moving at freeway speed is like pointing a loaded cannon and lighting the fuse.

This could have turned deadly in an instant. they were fortunate in this respect.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

they are old enough to drink, vote, enlist in military and have consentual sex without breaking a law.

I remember in a past life, by 11 you were a marksman, by 13 able to survive unassisted. (maybe not all women, but at these ages, they are showing demeanor of children half their ages.

I too did some things in this life like load a bangsite cannon with a flower bud and fire it at a car, make a polish cannon and launch tennis balls around the neighborhood, BB guns, sling shots, have beach fires with kegs and such, but never something so deadly without a thought.

If I used a device that used a projectile, it was for hunting or to put out unreachable fire. If I threw a rock, it was to skip across the water.

If I wanted a girl to strip, I would spin a bottle or some other maneuver known to produce positive results.

Maybe Russian Roulette would be a fun strip game for them. At least if there were casualties, it would be reduced to themselves, which on private property and no encroachment of other's and their property resulted, may very well be constitutionally their right.

But this was playing with innocent life....totally not cool. Never should've been broughten.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
This is nothing new and it certainly is not something that is apparent in this generation of young people.

When I was younger a friend and I were rolling a tire down a hill with the objective of rolling it right into the KFC's front door.

We tried several times. Each time the tire would fall after a while.

The last time we rolled the tire we gave it a good shove, it went perfectly, down the hill, jumping the ditch, onto the paved road, then onto the two lane highway, and when it crossed the road it turned a sharp 90 degrees and rolled eastbound right past my dads truck as he was coming home from work.

The old man knew exactly who it was instantly the tire passed in front of his truck. When I got home he was laughing so hard he couldn't punish me.

now I am kinda glad it didn't hit its target. That might have caused some damage when it rolled into the building.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
www.king5.com...

The State Rests

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

It would have been a cool sight, though! lol

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Please don't misunderstand me - I'm not excusing their actions at all. What they did was ignorant and dangerous in the extreme.

I only wanted to make the point that their behavior is nothing new. Kids and teenagers and adults have been dropping stuff off of freeway overpasses and throwing stuff at cars since there were cars.

I'm sure that kids threw rocks at coachmen and horses before the automobile became ubiquitous.

It's not excusable at all, it's just not surprising or new or different in any way.

That's what I'm saying.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by WyrdeOne

Kids will be kids... But how did they get there? Bad parents will be bad parents, society has been creating such people that care so little on their effects on others. Like people who would ask for a loan from their friends, say, 120$, and then just not pay them back and disappear out of that person's life... Bygones be bygones, but who throws away a friendship, nay a family member away for something as paltry as money? I would like to think that people I have known are better than that. This our society has definitely been churning out more turds and try to pass them off as people for quite some time now. Making a collection of "civilized" people so ignorant that they stoop to the possibility of ending someone's life just for something more entertaining than what is the mass marketed media injection of subliminal control devices that we are being sold daily as television shows... We have millions of kids plugging their brains into things like jackass and people are surprised, nay, upset at kids throwing rocks at trains?! I'm more upset with the country, a society, the parents that are creating kids like this.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Oh come on! All you 20 year olds need to wake up! I'm only 29 and I agree with the older crowd that say for the most part 20 year olds nowadays are way worse than than previous generations. The lack of respect for themselves and others is very apparent. Younger kids are even worse. I swear if I see any more Orange County brats walking around with their head buried into the cellphone/Ipod/Personal gaming gadget bump into me without saying excuse me I'm going to smack them back into the 40's!

A majority of kids in America are lazy, spoiled, techno junkies who need a good swift kick to the pants! Their parents are to blame for the most part.

Again not all kids of course. But the majority of kids are. That's how it's always been. Generation after generation seems to be worse. Hell that's how the world and human beings seem to be evolving as a whole. Why would kids be any different?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
You all seriously are underestimating the root problem of which this is a symptom. People are getting dumber.

Kids (under about 25:@@
can't pay attention. Not that they refuse, or that they choose not to, they just can't. I'm serious, i watch these kids behave like goldfish. Their eyes dart around randomly looking at nothing, they check phones that haven't rung, and can't pay attention long enough to comprehend or utter a complete sentence with any semblence of structure and proper grammar, let alone sound intelligent while doing so.

In my work i interact with the product of today's youth, as well as hang out with kids about 10-16 as that's the age range of the crowd at the skatepark. I'm 34 and i still skate almost everyday and still manage to rip it up with style and tech. The young people i work with are the real intelligent ones of the generation, dumb kids don't get the good jobs, and for how many "dumb kids" i see in droves there's a half a handful of real smart people that i can count.

I really think that drugs (like flouride, ritalin, and all the other crap polluting our environment), toxins, and the concentration camp experience that is public education, as well as inattention by parents if kids even have parents anymore, has created a whole generation that makes me scared to live to see this generation lead anything, much less nation-states.

Nobody knows anything anymore. Knowledge is truly lost. Most people are completely amazed at the simplest things. I rubberband my mp3 player to my wraparound headphones and wind the cord up neatly and tape it in place. It doesn't yank the cord out when i skate or bike or motocross or anything. A $5 pair of headphones, 3" of duct tape and a rubberband amaze and astound people who see it. People react like i pulled a cold fusion matter replicator out of my pocket, like it's alien technology. The only thing people know are what they need to survive. And in today's world that means you gotta know enough to get a paycheck and afford your ramen noodles and beer. People screw up at their jobs constantly, and they keep their jobs, cause it's either them or another screwup. People get paid for knowing nothing more than the performance of a repetitive activity that takes no talent or brains.

I'm gonna go stand in front of that spaceport they're building in NM with my thumb out now.
maybe somebody will be going my way soon.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

What utter stupidity...Im 24, and i see this the exact same way:

It is an abomination and a view into the lack of sense running amok in todays youths/young adults.

Besides my own examples of stupidity, I know old friends that would attempt this in a heart beat...Kinda sounds like the guy was trying to get laid. Obviously, he has no game, or he would have told the chick, "no deal"...

That being said, the elders always see it the same way. The rules are always made for the same purpose...so kids can break em...this has gone on especially with the last few generations here in the U.S. and abroad...

with great freedoms come great responsibility...not all of us can handle that responsibility...

new topics

top topics

join