It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea says U.S. hostile, readies more rockets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   

North Korea says U.S. hostile, readies more rockets

www.reuters.com

By Jack Kim

SEOUL (Reuters) - North Korea, condemned by the U.N. Security Council for its nuclear test the previous day, looked set to further ratchet up tension with a report on Tuesday that it would launch more short-range missiles.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.foxnews.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Did North Korea just test a Nuke? YES they did!
U.S. notifies S. Korea of N. Korea's nuke test in advance

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I don't even know what to say to this. After all the suffering the North Korean people have been through, they are now the ones that will have to suffer more because of the UN sanctions that are soon to be enforced. Honestly, they are the ones that are ultimately going to suffer from all this. At least until 'Lil Kim decides to try and nuke someone. I'd be more worried if he was on his death bed. The guy's a nutbag already. Close to death he wouldn't have anything to lose by lobbing some nukes around the region. Maybe even one or two at California, Alaska and/or Hawaii.

I was once stationed in South Korea when I was in the Air Force. We were told in a briefing one time that around 80% of children under the age of 12 are extremely malnourished and that of that 80% very few actually survive (exact percentages unknown of coarse). But that isn't something North korea would be willing to openly share with the rest of the world either. We have no idea the extent of the humanitarian disaster that is North Korea. And because of the Sanctions to come, it will only get worse for these folks. Meanwhile their "fearless leader" continues to push his country to the point of no return.

www.reuters.com

[edit on 26-5-2009 by BlasteR]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Oh God - Please no! This is going beyond insane now.

There must be some huge in-fighting with the PTB in Korea North at the moment for this to be happening.

I started a thread asking about Japan wanting *First Strike* capabilities.

Now I'm beginning to think it would be the best thing.

peace

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Good thing we invaded Iraq back in 2003 otherwise we may have had a potentially horrible nuclear crisis with a rogue nation on our hands...

...wait

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlasteR

I don't even know what to say to this. After all the suffering the North Korean people have been through, they are now the ones that will have to suffer more because of the UN sanctions that are soon to be enforced. Honestly, they are the ones that are ultimately going to suffer from all this. At least until 'Lil Kim decides to try and nuke someone. I'd be more worried if he was on his death bed. The guy's a nutbag already. Close to death he wouldn't have anything to lose by lobbing some nukes around the region. Maybe even one or two at California, Alaska and/or Hawaii.

www.reuters.com

Well, he is SEEKING delivery method. One "country" has been given nukes, and has them aimed at EUROPE!!! I laugh at stuff like this and consider GAZA, and how true terrorists are those in POWER and others are resisting because they'd rather die than be puppets/slaves. IF Zionists in general were not in control of banks, corporations, etc etc, then there would be no excuse for some to fight back.

EDIT: Just as NEOCONS and BUSH policies (now OBAMA continuing them) do not represent how we all feel as Americans, this country is hijacked itself by evil and ruthless Globalists. Anyone who wants to dominate other cultures, control other cultures, starve people, and think THEIR value is greater than other humans (like it justifies what they do), well, they are evil.

[edit on 26-5-2009 by AdmiralX]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

don't fret, the world is run by pussies. the sanctions will NOT be enforced, dprk will NOT be attacked, they can launch all they want 'cos the world is run by pussies.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
And The NWO's plan for WWIII is unfolding

Coincidence a couple days after Obama says " we wont send you to war without a cause" North Korea Test Nuclear missiles?

Coincidence All this starts to happens days after the Bilderberg Meeting?

i think not, its the NWO'S plan, and it's starting to unfold, they are getting it on

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by NathanNewZealand

the world is run by pussies? That is an intelligent and well thought out statement... anyways... be prepared for a lot of war posturing but like normal nothing will come from this, NK is just looking for another handout from the UN and nothing more. WW3 is not on its way because of NK, hate to bust your war mongering bubbles...

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
It's time to remove Lil' Kim from power.

No more Jack Daniels for you Jong...

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
It's time to remove Lil' Kim from power.

No more Jack Daniels for you Jong...

If I were a gambling man, I would put my money down that the world governments are already negotiating who on the N Korean team is going to assist the suicide of their glorious leader.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by NathanNewZealand

You wouldn’t be insulting the pussy from which you came, would you?

I’m guessing the Neanderthal way is not the smartest way to go right now. The best strategy would be to let N.K. look so bad that a good multilateral nuke in the arse would be justified or let some proxy ally kick their arse or that the sanctions would push the nation to revolt and overthrow “Lil Kim”.
But don’t you fret I’m sure some videogame style WW3 is in Big bad wolf Anti-Christ Obama’s new world order script anyway.

So brace your balls.

CX

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Just in from Sky News, South Korea has comfirmed that N.Korea has just test fired two short range missiles.

No further details as yet.

CX.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

You know Washington, Beijing and maybe even Moscow are on a 3way hot line right this very moment. It's time. China wont allow the region to go under they need the economic boost and this would derail their economy faster than greased lightning.

LIL Kimmy's days are numbered.

Mark my words.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX
Just in from Sky News, South Korea has comfirmed that N.Korea has just test fired two short range missiles.

No further details as yet.

CX.

Well ladies and Gentlemen we could be looking at the complete unraveling of Asia right before our very eyes over the next few hours maybe days.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
[edit on 26-5-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by AdmiralX
Well, he is SEEKING delivery method. One "country" has been given nukes, and has them aimed at EUROPE!!!

Well, that is obviously one reason for the recent "tests". But the North Korean Dictator sees it as so much more than refining a method of delivering a nuclear payload. I think we already know why. This is a way for North Korea to not only get what Kim Jong Il sees as "respect" and/or attention within the International community but also a way for him to leave behind his legacy. He probably sees Nuclear Weapons as the biggest gift he could ever give to his country. When, in reality, it is probably the biggest curse it could ever bear. It also almost guarantees some form of post-Kim Jong Il communist regime/legacy. Not exactly what the International community had hoped for.

Personally, I'm not so concerned about where the nukes are "aimed", so to speak. I'm more concerned about why they're there in the first place. North Korea has alot of allies nearby. And only a few closely-held enemies. South Korea and Japan are probably the nearest enemies. But they don't pose any imminent military threat to North Korea, either. North Korea has gotten alot of leeway since the end of the Korean War when it comes to being a self-proclaimed, isolated, communist country. They've been "left to their own devices" for an extremely long time due in part to occasional cooperation with the International community. But they've always gone back on their word.

In general, prior to pushing the button, nuclear weapons act as a powerful deterrent in and of themselves. Whether or not the missiles are intended to have a defensive or deterrent purpose is, I think, beside the point. The point is that simply possessing nuclear missiles and rockets provides a first-strike capability in some form, regardless of whatever intent the country publicly claims. That makes alot of people very nervous. Especially with a nutbag dictator as the man with the big red button..

With a country like North Korea, you can't put it past 'em to just start launching missiles everywhere. That's exactly the kind of doomsday scenario we don't want. Especially since they have a communist Chinese Ally with a pretty significant military capability. Whenever WW III rears its ugly head around, its going to be the fastest war in history. But the death toll will be the highest. And there isn't any useful way to speculate what might exacty unfold. Nukes coming from one location might get mistaken for nukes coming from somewhere else, then countries are launching nukes at countries not even involved, etc..etc..etc...

We've come to the brink of a nuclear exchange 3 or 4 times in the history of our country.. And this is long before North Korea had nukes. Cooler heads used to prevail in these instances. But we've already seen that, sofar as North Korea and probably even China are concerned, they don't. If anything, all forms of calm, calculated logic and negotiation are gone. It's only a matter of how far North Korea is willing to go with this and how long they're willing to continue despite the UN sanctions piling on like cord-wood.

It's really childish, It's really immature, and it seems as though the North Korean dictator loves to put on this show. It makes him feel powerful. It gives him an invigorated sense of global defiance. But does he really know what he's toying with? Apparently he doesn't.

-ChriS

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by HunkaHunka

You know Washington, Beijing and maybe even Moscow are on a 3way hot line right this very moment. It's time. China wont allow the region to go under they need the economic boost and this would derail their economy faster than greased lightning.

LIL Kimmy's days are numbered.

Mark my words.

I completely agree with your assessment. China is an economic behemoth and they have alot to lose by siding with North Korea in defiance of the rest of the world. They're still a communist regime, but as far as what they have in common to justify full-fledged support of this North Korean nuke-show, that's about it when you think about it.

I think they will remain neutral with regards to this matter and watch from the sidelines. They might not directly support a U.N. or international military effort against North Korea, if it comes to that. But Kim-Jong-Il got himself into this mess. He, alone, stirred the pot. He knew he would be in this situation if he pushed forward with more Nuclear tests.. But he did it anyway.. And now he's talking about launching MORE rockets??
China will probably just let him deal with his own problems at this point. He's completely delusional and, fortunately for us, I think China understands that.

This guy just isn't playing with a full deck. You reap what you sew. It's time for this guy to face up to the International pressure or face the consequences of ignoring the International community.

-ChriS

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

Linky here

The North's announcement that it conducted its second underground test of a nuclear device drew quick condemnation across the globe, including from its big neighbor and traditional ally, China. The Obama administration, which said the North's action invited stronger, unspecified international pressure, has consistently called for Korean denuclearization but seemed not to have anticipated a deepening nuclear crisis.

top topics

join