It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next 100 years!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I saw a post that asked people to think about what we had acomplished in the past 100 years. And if you do think about it there is a lot that we have done. Just to think in the early 1900's cars were first being invented. My question to all of you is based on what we have acomplished, what will happen in the next 100 years, (2100) Also assuming we live past 2012 for all you people out there who dont think we will.

*EDIT* Also do you think anything will happen with evolution? i know its a slow process, but more and more people these days are being born without thier wisdom teeth.

[Edited on 29-4-2004 by Nephilim__]

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
IMO the last 100 years, were the fastest evolving and the best century ever!

we have achieved a lot!

and in the next 100 years, there will be unbelievable achievements!!!!

I think in 50 we'll have human level artifitial intelligence and humanoids, and humans will be fully integrated with technology, when people go to the theaters they will just sit and plug the cable into their head, the phone will probably be integrated too!, cloning of the great scientists............., Nanotechnology! integrated everywhere! including the humans!

in anothoer 50! I can't even guess!

technology advances soo fast! it's just unbelievable!

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I think it's hard to say what we will do in the next 100 years. Who, in 1900, could have thought of something called a computer? Or the Internet? But optimistically, I think that the next 100 years will be a time of re-evaluating old ideas, policies, and attitudes. Of course there will be all sorts of wonderful gizmos for us to play with. I think that people (much like us here on ATS and all throughout the world) will start to wonder about our history and our origins. I think that people will learn how to govern themselves better than we do now.

Now I realize this is ridiculously optimistic, but I guess I call this the best case scenario.
...that is if we make it past 2012 mwa ha ha ha!!

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
The Future in 2100

Wireless technology at an all time high.
everyone will have segways
Everyone will have floating car.
Everyone will have space shuttles
Everyone will have teleportation devices.
Everyone will have a ONE remote control.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I think we will have technology thats to the 100power. If you think about it technology grows every year by 2 times, cpu speeds will be at levels higher than terahertz (i forget what comes after).

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
We will all be chiped, druged and dosile.

We will will have lost our past, present and future.

We will have little to no rights left except for the Rich.

We will have no oil left and seeing how things are going and won't have a replacement even by then.

We 'the world popluation" will be way the F*&K down (see no oil) it's not just for cars you know.

The rich will be mega rich and the rest will be mega poor.

There will be no middle class (it's an anomoly don't ya know)

There will be 'compact' cities.

There will be great enviromental degridation and destruction.

There will be a lot of pissed of people (those who are left)

But due to the chipping and survalence of EVERYTHING there will be no hope for a reprieve.

WE HAVE TO CHANGE THE COURSE NOW!!!

Yes there will be ultra hi-tech, but not for you and me.

[Edited on 29-4-2004 by Thanatos]

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
We will all be driving horse & buggies, and working on the farm.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I can only imagine what is going to happen in the next 100 years.

I look at my Grand Parents for example and to imagine what they have seen in the last 80 years is so amazing.
When I comair my life to theirs it is staggering how far away from our family life is compaired to how theirs was. They couldnt imagine putting their parents in a "home". Nor would most of them move from their home towns. Now-a-days you go to high school ---> Collage ---> Move away from home, and far from by most peoples preference it seams.

I see people as a race becomeing more of a roman society. Eat ---> bathe ---> Eat & Drink ---> Entertain ---> Sleep. I see work weeks being sortened on a expotential rate as our need for material thing abolishes with the coming changes that are ineviteble. I can see all sorts of medical advancements coming that could lenghten life spans and cure sicknesses.

Basically I belive that what you can imagine the future right now, has a huge possiblity of happening.

[Edited on 29-4-2004 by HumptyDumpty]

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Haha, what will ATS be like in 100 years?
Still operational? Or maybe shut down by "the man"? lol

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Nice thread!

I don't doubt that the next hundred years will yeild as many advances as the last hundred. This time round though, rather than new concepts and inventions eg. car, plane, computer, we'll see refinements and improvements to existing ones eg. computer - quantum comuter, internal combustion engine - gyroscopical or hydrogen powered engine, man on the moon - man on mars. One idea I dreamed up (someone has probably already beaten me to it) is that once hydrogen engines are mastered, one could apply this technology to inter-continental transport, under the water in high speed planes. Running on water (with a de-salinisation unit) they will not pollute their environment, nor cause noise pollution, and they will ease congestion in the skies.

New concepts I can see emerging though are ones where theoretical physics are concerned. Once we understand quantum mechanics properly for example, it will only be a matter of time before another technological revolution occurs at consumer level. Teleportation of information (not physical objects) is one idea already in the pipeline.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Just something else:

Not to much science related but definetly tech. What will movies become? Just think that only 17-20 years ago there were special effects such as some in the star wars movies and star trek, both great for thier time (special effect wise), but compare it to movies today and what we can do and show....where else could we go? Interactual 3-D movies where your the hero? Just plain 3-D movies, i dnno

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
well by then the energy and population density crises will be caput because we'll have colonized most of the galaxy with our new time/space ships.
o yea and our zero-point energy generators.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
if the world, particularly the us, continues with current rates of comsumption and pollution we will drown in our own biomass before we have the technological opportunity to spread ourselves out to other planets or to huge orbiting colonies. in other words, we are screwed. unless of course some nation gets smart and begins to give a huge push to space technologies, but it certainly wont be the US. today i read a letter to the editor in nat geographic (my dad's) about "how can we justify the space program when seniors can't by medicine and food?" china maybe or the EU once it gets stabilized.

which is why im leaving the us as soon as i'm old enough. the stench of decaying society is horrendous

[Edited on 1-5-2004 by NothingMakesSense]

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I would give up all the airplanes, telephones, computers and other myriad inventions, just to be rid of the fluoride, aspartame, MSG, and thousands of pesticides that cover up the fact of unhealthy demineralized so called crops.

Don't forget the dumbed down educational process, and other techno-dominating regimes that lend away from the direction of actual liberty.

Come to think of it, the jungle itself would be preferable, without any primative cultural lunacy, unless the above chemistries and idiocies were banished. Then much of the technology, but not the chemistry would have some semblence of preference.

It would be nice also not to have 100 years of too much bad legislation, that beats down upon ordinary people. I could do without most of the so called leaders who seem to not only care mostly nothing about you, but for the nation as well which they might sacrifice for two extra cents on a drunken country club day.

Hopefully during the next 100 years most of politics will not have to be taking out the trash of the last 100 years. There may only be a few things that need be changed that have been an exasperating struggle for the least bit of common sense. On the other hand all of this may only be the "tip of the iceberg."

[Edited on 1-5-2004 by SkipShipman]

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I think we will be living in space colonies or on settlements on the moon or mars. Also there will be games that put you in the game and you will control it by thoughts alone.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
By the year 2100 we will see many technological achievements, the greatest of which will come from the war in Iraq, and whatever major conflict that comes thereafter.

Such things will include :

- Anti-gravity components/generators. First in the use of Naval ships, then public ships, cars, planes, space vehicles, etc.

- Technologies to help repair the environment-- air clensing, water clensing, chemical breakdown techniques for nuclear waste

- A global network, either through the implementation of electrical components or through the altering of the human body via technology, to allow inter-personal communication without the need of exerted energy to use the technology(ies)

- Revival of Cryogenic patients, and the cloning/reproduction of important historical figures (those that have leftover DNA still retained)

- Genetic altering, custom-created children (this technology exists, but is not fully implemented as of yet)

- Personal transports to outside our atmosphere, into space.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   
If we do not respond to the fact that petroleum is limited, the next 100 years will be grim. But if we do find a way to provide 95% of our power by alternative means, the future could be rosy. Unfortunately, we ignore the fact that oil production has peaked and that cheap energy is becoming a thing of the past.

The next really big thing is the manipulation of space-time. Because the implications of such technology are enormous, potential applications almost exceed the imagination. But time travel is only a small facet of it; ordinary travel, communications and storage are among the concerns benefitting from space-time technologies.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   
all reading this will be dead

sorry for killing the mood

[Edited on 2-5-2004 by neo sephhi]

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
posted on 1/5/2004 at 07:04 PM
If we do not respond to the fact that petroleum is limited, the next 100 years will be grim. But if we do find a way to provide 95% of our power by alternative means, the future could be rosy. Unfortunately, we ignore the fact that oil production has peaked and that cheap energy is becoming a thing of the past.

thats what our zero-point generators are for

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo sephhi
all reading this will be dead

sorry for killing the mood

[Edited on 2-5-2004 by neo sephhi]

speak for yourself, i plan to put nano robots inside me

anyways...it will definitly suck for our grandkids, they will be living in filthy war torn underground shelters...(so pestmestic)

if it's oppmestic, hopefully we can save the enviorment and stop the global warming. there will be a truly democratic government (right...). we will be colonizing space, build bases on the moon and mars. i hope we can kick the grey alien's ass for been such motherf*****.

oh and i hope my grand kids doesn't have to eat cockroaches for dinner

top topics

join