It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fallibility of Humanity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
A question came to mind while watching a video on YouTube several minutes ago. I figured I might get a better response here.

Anyway this guy was going on about how the Bible is a unified book comprised of many books written over a time period of around 1500 years. More or less implying that all of the separate books of the Bible fit together quite perfectly.

I am not here to bring into question any contradictions or inconsistencies in the bible. Rather I will only ask the following question.

Why would an all knowing, all powerful, caring god even need or want fallible surrogates to write such a book or books for him/her/it?

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Well, many Christians would say that God actually personally oversaw the writing and compilation of the Bible and that this is how it avoids being errant or flawed.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AnOldFriend

Actually over time the Jews edited out the parts that didn't match up.. Up until a point where they stopped writing them. Maybe they got tired of the process.

Of course the only problem with this claim is that the bibles records don't match up with current archaeology, so its not a very valid claim.

I also asked the question; "Well why didn't God just materialize a bible in complete, in every langauge?" No mix ups there.

At least Josephs story makes more sense, and God gave him golden plates or something..

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
At least Josephs story makes more sense, and God gave him golden plates or something..

Joseph Smith's story doesn't make sense at all! the Book of Mormon claims that there were elephants in North America as well as vast cities and civilisations, none of which can be supported through archaeology.

The Bible is MUCH more accurate in terms of verifiable archaeological evidence, specifying the location of cities and the timelines of rulers and civilisations.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
A man isn't zapped to dust if he changes a bible and sells it. Esu/Yeshua let people know the thing worth reading and sharing dwells inside of us.

top topics

join