It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Global Warming Gestapo" to result from climate change bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   

During a lengthy hearing yesterday in the House Energy and Commerce Committee on the Waxman-Markey cap-and-trade bill, U.S. Rep. Steve Scalise, R-La., warned that imposing a national building code to cut down on greenhouse gas emissions would effectively create a "Global Warming Gestapo."
source

The Climate Nazis will soon have their very own secret police, according to Rep. Steve Scalise. This only makes sense. How else would they go about enforcing the (most likely) upcoming regulations? There would have to be a new agency or an addition to the EPA sniffing around anywhere and everywhere looking for those who would break the new laws.

TA

[edit on 22-5-2009 by TheAssociate]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Until they can conclusively prove to me that humans are causing Global Warming, then I'm not going to change a damn thing.

My neighbours abused me earlier this year for ignoring the 'Earth Hour' farce, and it seems that GW is simply a case of 'tell them enough times, without any evidence, and they will believe it'.

Kind of like 9/11.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

Until they can conclusively prove to me that humans are causing Global Warming, then I'm not going to change a damn thing.

I'm with you on that. The worst they can do is toss me in jail for a while. Been there, done that, doesn't scare me. What actually worries me is the impact this will have on the already faltering economy: the new regulations are wide open for abuse by those with political pull. Soon enough favors are going to become more valuable than gold. Those with buddies in washington will make a job of exchanging back-scratches for carbon credits and auctioning them off. And all of this because somebody thinks the climate might be changing...

TA

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr
GW is simply a case of 'tell them enough times, without any evidence, and they will believe it'.

Kind of like 9/11.

Absolutely, That's how MS Windows got to be so huge... Bill Gates used to be much more vocal especially around the mid & late nineties espousing the wonders of MS Windows and how it was a great OS (when it was really failing; severely, on a number of important points... Anyhow....

Fact is, I believe your quote above is almost word for word what Bill Gates also espoused. "Tell them what you want them to know, often enough, and they will believe you, even in the face of proof to the contrary."

The guy would absolutely lie through his teeth... and then laugh. When someone argued with him he would smile and say "you're wrong, it works fine" while looking at a blue screen (crashed computer screen.)

It WORKS! "These are not the droids that you are looking for..."

Move along

new topics

top topics

join