It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deja Vu...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Istvan
Nope, I disagree... If I dream something with exact detail, and I remember that day, the next day it comes true... that is not motif. Perhaps, one day you will see it too.

Well if you dream something with exact detail, and you remember that day, the next day it comes true... that is not de ja vu.

Sorry, that just fit so perfectly! But honestly, Ive never heard de ja vu explained in terms of "dreams coming true." The only de ja vu Ive been acquianted with is that of recurring events or objects or sayings or people. That IS a motif.

But then again, that's just my opinion. I'm not very into the many types of de ja vu, but I guess there's more than one way to look at it eh?

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Yeah, allright let's call it both ways. I don't know what motif is, but it could be ccol .

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Anyway, I don't really pay attention to dejavu or motif, but one thing I am sure of: it is there, and is noticable. I think, everyone can experience it in some way.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Hahaha, a motif is a literary device! Its used in writing, its s ymbol or saying or event that is repeated throughout the story in order to contribute to a theme.

Im glad, we'll call it both ways

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jameo131i
Can someone explain to me wat Deja Vu is... and why does it occur?

I often have very vivid and long ones...

its when the agentt chang something

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Haven't read all the responses so forgive me if I repeat something. I do not believe that it is a "I've done this before type" of thing. Too many times it will happen in a place or situation that you have never been in before, it doesn't make any sense. My theory, and it is only a theory, is that you are somehow "catching up" to yourself in a another parallel dimension. I believe there are "time bands" where you may be living a different but similar life. Look at it as two wheels going around at different times. Now imagine a black line on each wheel, the line represents "you" as the wheels are turning, every so often those lines, you, line up exactly...giving you a small fleeting glimpse of your other life in another dimension.....only time bands are more in long lines rather than wheels.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I believe deja vu is segments of previous dreams you've had but live them out for breif periods of time.

[edit on 14-7-2004 by MacKiller]

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I have to admit that it's been quite a while since I've had deja vu -but I've had it plenty of times in the past....This strikes me with some interest, as I can recall with some detail when it did occur, which were either time during a very interesting conversation or when I was very academically active with a million things buzzing around my head....

At any rate, my take on deja vu is somewhat similiar to Scat's.....I think our mind naturally slips into hallucination, perhaps tapping into the unused portions of our brain, to tell us that "something discussed here is an important aspect of your life," or "something happening here will make a difference in what you do later in life."

I can't recall the exact discussions or events that took place when I had this though.....some help!
But I'm sure whatever they were they have or will take effect without me being conscious of it.....

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I've always heard that deja vu is when you've experienced a certain situation in a past life and you're now recalling the event.

To me, I think it's all the theories listed above and what I just said.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
But wouldnt that mean then that our lives never really change, because you usally get deja vu of the EXACT situration, well I do :S

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
D�j� V� and Predictions

i've read some articles about what is the basis of the "d�j� v�" experience, and i got a litle disturbed when i read an author that said it was just a confusion of our mind when it wants to organize chronologicaly our memories, and it assume that the memory which is being inserted at one moment goes to the "passed memories" category.

personaly, i do not agree with this theory based on two odd experiences i had.

1st - when i was a kid, and when i was at school, we got out a day to visit some museums and gardens, all together (me, my school teacher, and all the other children in the class). we stopped for ice creams, and Sandro and Tiago (my two bestfriends) were siting and eating their icecreams by the moment i arrived, and sit next to them. at that moment we all three had a same d�j� v�, and we talked about it after it occured (but we not even knew what it was called, because we were around 6 / 7 years old). therefore, i think it cannot be just a mind error.

2nd - it happened the last year. i'm living with a girl and a boy, we are studying out of our home town and were together in the same flat. i was in the kitchen in front of the sinker, and then i had a d�j� v� feeling, but it was not an ordinary one, because it was that kind of d�j� v� that you sense you have already experienced it more than once, and it was if i already knew what was about to happen next. in that d�j� v� experience i saw my friend ( the man ) arriving home, and about 2 seconds later she was arriving too. after that i left the kitchen, thinking about it, and i went to the bathroom, and then he arrived, and about 2 / 3 seconds she arrived, exactly as i have saw. could this have been a vision instead of a d�j� v�?

I have two theories about these D�j� v� experiences.

on the one hand, i believe that the film "the matrix" might not be to far from trueth. i think there might be someone that is in charged of our future and like to make some changes in some points of our life.

the other theory, it's related with the possible existence of paralel universes and dimensions in which we exist aswell, and even if we are physically apart we might be in touch, as if there was an overall "mind server" to all our diferent behaviour and life conditions. it might be paranoid. well, it sounds quite paranoid to me. however this possibility of the existence of several universes as been set up also by Einstein.

I don't know a thing about d�j� v�s but i've given some thought to it.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I've experienced Deja Vu the very same day the dream occured

i even made a topic on it www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 26-8-2004 by SniperEye]

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 12:51 AM
link   
i am having some sort of weird experiences with something that i think could be linked to deja vu. this has been going on for about a year now, and usually happens about once a week. what happens is everytime i learn a new word, that i have never seen or heard before in my life, the next day or two i hear that word like 3 times in 5 hours, then i never hear it again.

now, if this had happened maybe 4 or 5 times, i would call it simply coincedence. (sorry, not a very good speller) but this has gone on about once a week for the past year. anyone have a similar experience or any idea what might cause this?

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
they always say that the simplest answer is the correct 1, but dont qote me on that , but ive always wondered that mybe on sum levels all humans are pyscic but on certain degree's of how strong this abilty is but i think that as computers u could say are the human mind and networks say like blue tooth a reaching out to another computer ie another mind and mybe say that ppl with this strong abilty can be fully awake and know there connecting with other minds but say when the majority who havnt yet evovled to that level may only be able to create these links when there asleep and as computers can perform tasks and simple predictions ,just say for instance u install windows on ur system lol ,well say bout 5 % of the system is taking up ie with the human mind we only use bout 3% well what if when ppl sleep and there awl connected when there alseep and awl minds are like melded shall we say and awl the information stored in every single mind is then proccesed like a network and make a sort of super computer say that every possible senario is calculated and ever circumstance a person can go through what if certain information partaining to sum 1 is save in dormant parts of the brain and say when u do whatever u do that day u wake up u get dajavoo could that be if uve read this the mind accessing information already stored as ur mind is always has the feeling of moving forward so is there mybe a connection

just remember dont be narrowminded beleive in the infinite in a sense of infanite possabilties for everything

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
i might have missed things out but anything any 1 wants to say is a lot of # kl al be ready with my arguments for this theory sad thing is theres just as much reason for it to be #

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I've been having "dejavu" almost daily for a few months now...until something very specific happened that reminded me of a series of dreams I had six years ago. I remember telling my boyfriend six years ago about some very disturbing dreams I had, but at that time I thought they were just dreams. Then within the last few months, I've been having really strange "dejavu" almost daily until something happened that I specifically remember telling my boyfriend six years ago that I dreamt about. Since remembering my dreams, I've been able to see that what I dreamt about is actually happening...more or less. Some of the details in my dreams aren't coming true, but the events are. I've never experienced anything like this before and I'm not quite sure what to think of it.
But it makes me wonder if all my past experiences of dejavu were dreams from the past...a lot like my reality now is.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Here is a thought, has anyone watched the TV series "7 Days"? What if Deja Vu is because of in a way a redo of a certain time period? Something so catastrophic happened and the government went back in time to fix it and some people for some reason recall a small instance during that time period that we may have lived twice.
Its a small thought that I don't think is true, but may get a few brains working. This idea would work if a bunch of people had a Deja Vu experience around the same time, then went a certain amount of time with nothing, then those people had another experience around the same time.

I more to believe the theory that the human brain already knows everything that it will learn it just gets 'unlocked' as time goes by or even more believable is that something happened in the past very similar to the Deja Vu moment making it seem like it happened once before. People do act a certain way and will respond to certain things in near identical ways. It may feel like the same experience but is just something similar.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Just thinking outloud here...
What if, before our spirits are given to our bodies...(fetus)...we get a preview of our life...

...and during a Deja Vu, we simply remember a moment of our "preview"...???

I don't know.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I have Dejavu, about 1x per year, sometimes more, sometimes less. I think it is more than just a physical thing going on at the time. I think it is linked to other lives, previews of our life, moments that tell us we are on track with this life.

They have always lasted for only a few seconds, until recently when I experienced it. This last time I experienced it was about a month ago. The Dejavu lasted for about 15 to 30 seconds and I had about 5 instances of it during a 4-7 days timeframe. It was cool.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join