It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Cancer Cure -Nanotechnology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Scientists in Israel have managed to manufacture a nanocomputer inside a test tube which is able to hunt and destroy certain genetic strands. While good for curing disease, this technology also has horrific implications as a biological weapon, possibly able to hunt certain genes in some races, and so could be used as a form of ethnic cleansing

Source

Instead of silicon chips and electrical circuits, the miniscule machine is made of DNA. And rather than being controlled by electrical signals, it senses changes in its environment and responds by releasing biological molecules.

The biocomputer senses messenger RNA, the DNA-like molecule that helps create proteins from the information in genes. In particular, it can detect the abnormal messenger RNAs produced by genes involved in certain types of lung and prostate cancer.

When the computer senses one of these RNAs it releases an anticancer drug, also made of DNA, which damps expression of the tumour-related gene, researchers report in Nature

Related news stories
StarTribune
Columbia Basin Herald

[Edited on 28-4-2004 by Zion Mainframe]

[Edited on 4-28-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Whats this, now the Jewish people are doing what the Nazi's were trying to do. What has the world come to. We all know that Jews and Israel people tend to have higher IQs than other races/groups so its no suprise that they have developed this kinda breakthrough technology.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
Whats this, now the Jewish people are doing what the Nazi's were trying to do. What has the world come to. We all know that Jews and Israel people tend to have higher IQs than other races/groups so its no suprise that they have developed this kinda breakthrough technology.

Erm... proof of the IQ comment please?

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Cant prove but I know its true. If you dont wanna believe it thats up to you. Google it and you might findsomething that deals with IQs among different races/groups/countries.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I've heard stories of genetically modified viruses designed to target specific races...when I looked it up a minute ago I found these links:

www.homoexcelsior.com...

www.middleeasthealthmag.com...

The second piece had a quote indicating that:
"The consanguinity within Arabs has led to specific diseases unique to this population, such as sickel cell disease, thalassemia, and other kinds of hemoglobin related disease."

This whole area makes me wonder about population cleansing designer diseases and whether the researchers in these areas are working for a cure or a kill.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
This type of technology is risky in a sense that tampering with genetic DNA can cause mutation in humas. (I am not a doctor)

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Guess no one sees the possible positive effects of this technology, huh?

Nanotech for better health. Yeah I know, it's probably not that simple, but it's coming.

Wow, people. Just about every technology is capable of both positive and negative effects. It's what people do with it that matters.

Speaking of what you do with it, look what some of you are doing with the idea. You have already turned it negative in a worst-case scenerio kind of way.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Well the tecnology sounds great for cancer, but I don't know if I want some bugs in my body changing stuff around. What happen if they go crazy inside me?, I remember reading a book about that a few months ago the littler bugs took over the bodies of the people that were working with them.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ambient Sound
Wow, people. Just about every technology is capable of both positive and negative effects. It's what people do with it that matters.

I work for in a Technology Licensing Office and we're tasked with finding the best, most commercializable use for early stage technologies, so I know what you mean about positive and negative effects. You have to understand, however, that the positive effects don't make for the best conspiracy theory conversation.

Do I honestly believe that this technology will be used for targeted racial genocide...no. Does it have the potential to be...sure.

Discuss...

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
There may be proof in many sources. For example, the disproportionate number of Noble Prize winners in science are Jewish. In my field,Physics, and I am not Jewish by the way, I can name a ridiculously long list:

Albert Einstein, Richard Feynman, Murrey Gellman, Feigenbaum(Chaos theory)....etc, etc...

If you consider their population size and the power over the world they have , in almost every area, there is a good argument for the I.Q argument!

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Well the tecnology sounds great for cancer, but I don't know if I want some bugs in my body changing stuff around. What happen if they go crazy inside me?, I remember reading a book about that a few months ago the littler bugs took over the bodies of the people that were working with them.

They are not bugs. They are robots. Sorry that the correction was made, but I had to.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ambient Sound

I agree completely. This technology has a tremendous upside in terms of potential for use in treatment of diseases. It's unfortunate that there is an equal possibility that the technology could be abused. The benefits and risks will be weighed against one another as this technology is further developed.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 06:34 AM
link   
"Well the tecnology sounds great for cancer, but I don't know if I want some bugs in my body changing stuff around. What happen if they go crazy inside me?, I remember reading a book about that a few months ago the littler bugs took over the bodies of the people that were working with them.
"

If you had cancer, i think the main thing u'd want is to get rid of it from ur body..

Anyway, what do you think happens when you get vaccinated etc?!

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
This could have its ups and downs. But hey everyone thought E=MC2 was the best thing ever until it got turned into a weapon. Just play Red Faction II, it should give you the down part about nano-tech.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
From what I understand, cancer has already been cured, twice.

1) Tesla's frequency- Tesla was believed to have built a "death ray" in that he found that by using the natural frequncy of a substance, it could be distroyed if bombarded with it.

Cancer has a difference frequncy than normal tissue, so that by using white noise, you could find the natural frequency by what did not come out the other side. The cells would rupture and be obsorbed into the body.

2) Cancer can not live in an Oxygen rich environment. By increasing Oxygen flow and saturating the area, it would die.

This is only from memory, so I'll have to look into it to be sure. But they sound good.

new topics

top topics

join