It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to warn Israel's PM, Netanyahu: 'NO MORE blank cheques'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Barack Obama is to deliver a blunt warning to Israel's prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, that the era of the blank US cheque is over.

The President will use a meeting with Mr Netanyahu in Washington on Monday to tell him that from now on Israel must earn its privileged relationship with America.

Mr Obama will make clear that he will not allow his foreign policy objectives to be dictated by the Jewish state's interests, and that its leaders must resume working for peace with the Palestinians.

http:/ /www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/israel/5335620/Obama-to-warn-Israels-PM-Benjamin-Netanyahu-No-more-blank-cheques.html

What disturbs me is to think Obama was bought and paid for by the 20 million dollars he received for his campaign by AIPAC.

If you get contributions form someone, you must return the kind gesture by supporting your contributor, even if your taxpayers paid for such a bribe...

What´s going on? Diversion, anyone?

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
What do you make of it?

Please read the whole article.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
What, nobody has seen this thread, yet?

I think it implies BIG news, especially concerning Iran, Russia and the possibility of averting WWIII.

But something just doésn´t sound right.

What´s your take?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I think Obama might actually be trying to do the right thing here.

But thats a lot of balls to juggle.
Maybe Obama is just as sick of the bloodshed and mindless spending as most other Americans are and is trying to end it in a nice but firm way for now.

Israel just seems like a spoilt child throwing a tantrum and Obama is giving a little tough love. Bout time imo.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I mean, where do you start?

Many within Israel's government are openly hostile to two key aspects of American policy on the Middle East: statehood for the Palestinians and engagement with Iran.

Two states might not be a bad idea, but something about it screams WW3 and "Revelations"

. Jewish voters, 78 per cent of whom voted for Mr Obama, are among the strongest supporters of the plan.

I Consider Israel to be a Jewish state and I as an American have no qualm with letting them deciding what is right within their own state.

What he has not done yet, is query the $3 billion in military aid which US taxpayers send Israel every year, although that could yet happen given the straitened times.

In the big scheme of "global chess" that isnt alot of money, but how much aid does a military program need?!?

and above all, not to launch preemptive air strikes against suspected nuclear enrichment facilities

Well, atleast someone is keeping an eye on things....

[edit on 18-5-2009 by drsmooth23]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I think obamas doing the right thing letting the damn jews know that they have overplayed they're hand and that they "don't " control everything...

They creep they're way in and try to take over everything and obamas putting his foot down... I Digg it

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Finally someone sticking up to the Israelis...
It is right to say they are the spoiled child of the modern age, more so than the US is.
I grow tired of their rhetoric and annoying "WE WELL DESTROY YOU!" Speeches that come out of their government and press.

Warning: This poster does not believe in a jewish state.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
The two state plan for Israel is possible but is gonna be far from peace...The palestinians are never gonna forgive them for occupying their land and Israel is gonna retaliate for sure...this sounds like disaster to me, Israel would'nt threaten anyone without knowing them to be a threat...their main problem is that their leadership is doin a bad job at convincing their american counter parts....

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Smoke and mirrors.

This ties in with other threads made about mid July being the day.

Obama says, "play nice with Palestine Israel or we can't be friends"

Israel, "look USA, we are so keen to be your friends that we are willing to sign a peace treaty and have a 2 state system with Palestine"

I may be completely off the ball here, but if I am right, strap yourselves in because this will just be the begining of the ride.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

Can you point to the threads you talk about?

I haven´t seen those threads. Would you be so kind as to throw a link or two?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Never fear, Rahm will whip him back into line.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Dallas87

You only have to look at the link here to see the problems Obama is going to have in this situation.

www.disclose.tv...

top topics

join