It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Music Contest 2009 (Winners Announced!)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/31ab459b9316.jpg[/atsimg]

The ATS Music Contest 2009

Theme: Sci-Fi / UFOs / Aliens

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

When:

o May 16, 2009 through July 4, 2009

The Prizes:

o First prize:First prize: 50,000 ATS points, The Book "Abovetopsecret" by Jim Marrs and an ATS poster

o Second Prize - 40,000 ATS points

o Honourable mention - 5 picks - 10,000 ATS points each

The rules:

o All entries must contain (ATSMC1) as part of the title and be posted within the Music Forum as a separate thread.

o You may submit up to 3 tracks in any music genre (Rock, Pop, Hip Hop, Electronic, Acoustic, etc.). The music must be made by you.

o If you submit music with Rap or Singing the text must be written by you. Please add that text to this thread.

o If you submit music without text, it must have a Sci-Fi or Aliens/UFOs "feel" to it. Judgment of the tracks will be done according to that criteria.

o All track lyrics must fall within the T&Cs. Do not submit Video, submit Sounds only.

o Host your music in the ATS Media Center and Post Links here.

We will require a panel of at least 5 volunteer judges from the general membership. Those accepted will receive a generous points payment for their services. Please U2U me, if you are interested, by clicking on the 'send U2U' button on the bottom of this post.

Questions about the ATS Music Contest 2009 and comments on the Submissions may be posted here.

Enjoy!

* Art Design by Masqua *

[edit on 11/7/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
What a great idea! I love music!
Can't wait to see what the ATS kiddies come up with

[edit on 15-5-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Sounds fun -

Just wondering about the entries will there be a time limit on the
work itself? 5min 10min 30min 639 years?

Sci-Fi UFO Alien hmmm I guess I should start thinking on that.

but I guess we have till July 4th

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Cool! Might get to work on a track, myself. Thanks for the opportunity.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I'll play, perhaps I can raise my SOLID status into something more presentable. But in the meantime if anyone is in the mood for some stuff me and my crew cooked up; click on my signature. All originals....

[edit on 16-5-2009 by whaaa]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Looking forward to this Contest

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
ooooohhh.... good stuff...

Now, do I attempt to make something?
Or do I volunteer as a judge?

I got a good ear for music... but not as a musician.. but i just love the feel of creative juices flowing through my veins...

hhmmmm.. time to go ponder on this.. got some investigating to do i reckon..

Good luck to each and all who enter and may the best tunes rock this rock

And for anyone who wants to try, I found these two sites, one is online, the other is a download...
www.jamstudio.com...
www.v3.co.uk...

[edit on 16-5-2009 by Extralien]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Those links are awesome!!! I'm sure there are members who might enter now, who otherwise may not have done so. Thanks!

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Dancing With The Alien
(Click to play)

Thread Here:
www.belowtopsecret.com...

Lyrics:

Dancing With The Alien

Believe or not believe
Believe or not believe
A choice we have to make
To see or not to see
When the story breaks

Watching it all
Little room left to cast doubt
Believe or not believe

Dancing with the alien
We’re not supposed to know it
Dancing with the alien
Now no one can control it

The sky, at night
Fills with mysterious lights
We’ve been hoping
We’ve been waiting
To see the proof of other life

Watching it all
They are here…No fear

Dancing with the alien
We’re not supposed to know it
Dancing with the alien
Now no one can control it
Dancing with the alien
Now everyone will know it

We are dancing with the alien

Watching it all
Believe or not believe (they are here)
Believe or not believe (no fear)
Believe or not believe

Dancing with the alien
Dancing with the alien

[edit on Sat May 16th 2009 by TrueAmerican]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Nice effort

So...who wrote the lyrics, who did the singing, who played the guitar...? (Which one was you)

Edit: Nevermind...just read it in the thread of your track.

[edit on 16-5-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Well, I've decided to go for it..

Am in the process of using Jam Studio which is the online feature.
It does have some issues that need to be resolved, but for a complete 'music maker' newby like myself it is quite handy...

The download as an mp3 button is supposed to send your tracks to your email account.. I'm still waiting..

So after a little research, I've found, what appears to be, a rather groovy new tool.

It's called Reaper and I am downloading it now.. apparently, some others have used this to capture their tracks from jam studio and also to edit and tidy up their tunes...

Anyway, I'm having fun.. am enjoying the buzz of learning something new and messing around with cool 'net gadgets'

Not going to tell you what I'm doing until I post t all up..I've no idea how the final print is gonna come out, but it's all fun

Let's just say I'm trying to create an atmosphere

Come on peeps... pipe up.. have a go... nobody is gonna
you.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

I´ll be contributing soon enough as well. Looking forward to your creations.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I'd love to write a song and participate, but after managing to do some damage to my right arm I can't exactly play the guitar for another month or so... and contest will be over.

[edit on 20/5/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Just checking the fine print guys.

Be careful with that Jam Studio.

It says when you log in that you are automatically on their monthy subscription, even if you, like me, chose the 10 day trial.

If you don't close your account before that 10 days runs out you will be hit with a bill. So be careful.

The only way I can see to close the account is to email [email protected] and ask to have it closed.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Hah! I am deffinately making something!!!! This is going to be cool. As a Songwriter I think I can make something for everyone to enjoy here at ATS!

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
My first submission to the contest: Thread

Click Here to Listen: Eternal Flight

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr
Just checking the fine print guys.

Be careful with that Jam Studio.

It says when you log in that you are automatically on their monthy subscription, even if you, like me, chose the 10 day trial.

If you don't close your account before that 10 days runs out you will be hit with a bill. So be careful.

The only way I can see to close the account is to email [email protected] and ask to have it closed.

Just to clarify, I got in touch with the owners and they said that you don't automatically get billed after 10 days unless you put in your credit card details, so my interpretation of the fine print was wrong.

Carry on.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Lets see some submissions guys! Lets get this ball rolling.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I'm trying..

I got three tracks knocked up.. first two need some 'fine tuning' shall we say, whils tI'm happy with the eay the third has turned out...

But.. I can't get them off of the web site I'm using.. i've pressed the button to have them emailed as an mp3 but nothing has arrived.. even got the downloader from the site, but have not received the code to unlock it..

Have tried various other methods to obtain my tracks so far, but to no avail..

..but i'm still gonna try to get them down.. I'm happy with the 'atmosphere' i got in them...

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
reply to post by Skyfloating

I'm trying..

I got three tracks knocked up.. first two need some 'fine tuning' shall we say, whils tI'm happy with the eay the third has turned out...

But.. I can't get them off of the web site I'm using.. i've pressed the button to have them emailed as an mp3 but nothing has arrived.. even got the downloader from the site, but have not received the code to unlock it..

Have tried various other methods to obtain my tracks so far, but to no avail..

..but i'm still gonna try to get them down.. I'm happy with the 'atmosphere' i got in them...

I got the mp3 link from jamstudio the second time i tried. So keep trying.

I'm just doing a bit of post-production on it now and i'll put it up. I'm not going to enter it into the competition though I don't think. It is more of a 'look what you can do with this program' kind of thing. To get other members who, like me, are not overly musical to have a go.

EDIT:

Ok, here is my little dance track that I made with Jamstudio:

I Wish I Had A Hoverboard!

Let's face it, it is just a dance track, but I tried to blend in some sci-fi sound themes and it brought to mind the Hoverboards from Back to the Future so thats the song title.

I can't read music, I don't know my chord progressions and I'm far from gifted so If I can do this than any member can enter this competition.

Get to it.

[edit on 18-5-2009 by fooffstarr]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join