It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Original broadcast ( Roswell )

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Just found this clip. I have no idea of this one is the original broadcast or not.

Are anyone here able to confirm this to be the original one??

Pay no attention to the video images, that alien is CGI I think.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Whilst I believe with all my heart. I think the voice on that is a little too cliche to be real. Whilst radio announcers did speak with clear well pronouced voices....this seems a little forced, the way he speaks quickly over certain "isms" kind of, I dunno. *shrugs* doesn't seem quite right. It's more like a todays version of how they spoke 50/60 years ago. If you get what I'm tryin to say.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I think this could be the real broadcast.... I'm not too sure though, but I dont think its really that important anyhow, we dont need to prove that there was a radio broadcast of a crash at Roswell... but its neat to hear how they would present such a story in the media during that time.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
ABC News Radio, July 8, 1947, 10:00 p.m.,
"Headline Edition" with Taylor Grant in New York

Taylor Grant: Headline Edition, July 8th, 1947. The Army Air Forces has announced that a flying disk has been found and is now in the possession of the Army. Army officers say the missile, found sometime last week, has been inspected at Roswell, New Mexico, and sent to Wright Field, Ohio, for further inspection. (commercial break)

[The American Broadcasting Company and affiliated stations presents Headline Edition with Taylor Grant... Today's edition presents a roundup of the latest developments in the finding of a flying disk......To stay in step with history in the making, stay tuned to Headline Edition. And now here's Taylor Grant.]

Full transcript here:
roswellproof.homestead.com...

Original audio source:
www.konsulting.com...

Audio file:
ABC Headline Edition: Taylor Grant's July 7, 1947 newscast of disc recovery by roswell Army Air Field personnel.

COMMENT:
This program must have been pre-recorded several hours earlier in the evening for later broadcast. 10:00 p.m. EDT in New York was 4-1/2 hours after the story first broke, yet statements in the story are similar to those in some of the western papers that carried the story up through about its first 1-1/2 hours. Missing, e.g., is the official announcement 3 hours later that the object had been definitively identified as a weather balloon by a Fort Worth weather officer. Also missing is Ramey going on the radio 3-1/2 to 4 hours later to announce the same thing. Overall, the coverage is very similar to that found in earlier Associated Press accounts.

The AP at 6:53 p.m. EDT had General Ramey quoted as saying the "disk" had been shipped to Wright Field. This is pretty much where this ABC account ends the story.

Full article here

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I don't even need to read it all. I trust you enough.

You are one remarkable ATS:er when it comes to digging up information.

Thanks for the info Internos.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Thanks for this. I think it's pretty cool

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

What you don't read and what they didn't say although it is apparent when they quoted officials at Wright field in saying they had not received it yet, is that initially the bodies and craft debris were taken to a hangar at the white sands testing range before it was sent on to Ohio.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Debris was also sent to Fort Worth (and accompanied by Marcel)...it was even photographed (by the Dallas Star, if I recall), but of course, 2 of the 3 people (Ramey and Dubose) in the photos claim the debris photographed was not the actual debris....

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
what I find interesting is the news caster mentions an interview with a military person that said they had inspected a UFO the week before the incident... is there any details on that UFO?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I won't argue the official stories. I am just stating what I know.
People can take it for whatever they feel it is worth based on what they know about me. I will not try to prove anything. I always feel a bit safer that way.
At least until the truth comes out in the open.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I think the original broadcasts and documents are the most important parts of the entire story, other than the UFO its self.

This type of broadcast and the newspaper articles are the only thing that we have in the public that gives us a starting point for research.

The very first broadcasts are probably the most accurate, as they were announced before the cover up was decided on and initiated.

The entire case would be a non-issue if it weren't for the first broadcasts and new articles. The government would be able to achieve a complete cover-up without these sources as evidence.

In my opinion, without these news sources the entire issue would have been ruled nothing more than hear-say, or a hoax perpetuated by the towns-people.

This is all just my opinion though.

top topics

join