It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List of US Underground Bases

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I just found a supposed list of Underground Bases in the US. It's been culled from various public records so should be treated warily until the information is either confirmed or debunked.

US Underground Bases

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   
pretty interesting pisky im going to check it out more when i get more time but it matches up with a lot of stuff ive seen about the western half of the u.s.a

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I find it interesting that Alaska is nearly 97% owned by the state/federal government. Kinda makes you wonder why the big fuss over drilling for oil up there.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Great post Pisky. However I guarantee there are more underground bases than listed.

But, thats an awesome post none the less.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
alien species cooperating wit the government in CA?

That scares the crap out of me. Maybe they got some Grey locked up in a bigass hamster wheel running around and around

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Awesome Find! Just wondering, what are some links to some online public libraries where I can do some research myself?

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   
You could do some research using Google. I know I've gotten amazing results much better than libraries. Online libraries are much better in my opinion. But, if you really want libraries otherwise, I don't know how to help you. But, all of the information you will need you can find on Google.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
great post cool find even though i read this a few months ago on that site the base in aberdeen maryland is underground they have a museum and they tell u part of the base is underground? but they dont ell u wat they do underground

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Pine Gap is an underground US Military base, situated on "donated" Australian soil. It is located near Alice Springs, Central Australia.
There is also one underneath the Limestone Plains, in Belconnen ACT.

[Edited on 4-5-2004 by Ixataar]

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I know there is alot of updated material on underground bases in the US. I found this pretty interesting.....

Underground Facilities
One of the earliest American underground facilities was built at Raven Rock in Pennsylvania. The military refer to it as "Site R." Sounds like "Section D." Raven Rock was picked because it is made of greenstone, a type of granite that is the fourth hardest rock on earth. Construction started in 1950, and engineers had completed a series of tunnels and a three-story building by 1953. Two more three-story buildings were completed by 1963. The complex lies 650 feet beneath the 1,529-foot-high summit of Raven Rock and can be entered through four portals. The mountain has everything needed to survive a catastrophe: cars, some of the best dining in the Army, chemical suits, a fitness center, a medical facility, a barbershop, legal services, a chapel, designated smoking areas and a convenience store. It has six 1,000 kilowatt generators and 35 miles of cable on 180 telephone poles. Remember, this is one of the early underground sites, and probably does not compare with some of the new underground cities that have been constructed in more recent years.

One of the first of nearly 100 Federal Relocation Centers was built in rural Virginia's Mount Weather. It took years to complete, but when complete resembled a city more than an emergency installation. Mount Weather was equipped with such amenities as private apartments and dormitories, streets and sidewalks, cafeterias and hospitals, a water purification system, power plant, and general office buildings. The site includes a small lake fed by fresh water from underground springs. It even has its own mass transit system--small electric cars that run on rechargeable batteries and make regular shuttle runs throughout the city.

www.worldofthestrange.com...

...fin

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Theres a lot of underground bases in New Jersey. The feds set them up way back during the Nike/Ajax missile programs. I cant manage to get into them, the bases are still there, but all the doors and entry ways are sealed up with cement and asphalt, you'd probably need one of those missiles to break into one of the underground bases. I also passed an odd looking base in Passiac County (i think), where it looked like a big barracks facility, but no one was in it. Theres a lot of bases areound here, I'll see what i can dig up...

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I new to this stuff so need help on starting a thread but have somthing want to get out about underground base. I have lived in a little town most of my life. In brooksvill fl we have a small airport that at one time was used ww2 for b52s and fighters to train out of areas around it were used for training runs .(every so often unexploded bombs are found as area grows) this airport has a longer runway thin tampa airpot and was used untill early 90s for c130 flights and paira troop trainning . Witch would take place behind my family land it was very often c130s would fly over my house and drop troops. Somthing the older guys and my grandfather who flew b17 and 52 would talk about a underground base here. I have spent a lot of time as a kid riding motorcycles as a kid with friends behind the airport and even on back runway that was overgrown. Only a few time having been chased off even with a military post that has allway had Apache choppers . Over years the talk of under ground base has came and gone .never given it much thought untill two weeks ago I and a few friends went out off roading in are truck to see what was left of the land . After a few hours of trail riding we stopped in a area we used to as kids we watched a few small planes land . A plane came in that was not a prop plain had sound of a jet the lights on front runway got brighter and back strip went out and two light blue and red came on in the middle .this plane came in fast hoverd Like a chopper over lights .it got loud as it hoverd set down killed its motors turn off lights after a few min back run way lights came on . But No plane . We were not 20 yards from it trees did hinder are view but not enough to hide it from seeing it move away after landing. I don't know what I seen and don't see why we would have a base Like this here but if any one can find info on this place would be nice to know what is up . Brooksvill fl heranado county also known as springhill fl airport. If some one want to start a post with this please do thanks
edit on 27-2-2014 by smalltownboyfl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

titian
I find it interesting that Alaska is nearly 97% owned by the state/federal government. Kinda makes you wonder why the big fuss over drilling for oil up there.

Oh absolutely! There are dozens of reports by citizens in the rural areas of Alaska reporting large military troop movements & transports (nowhere near official military sites), unregistered/unofficial construction sites and a bunch of satellite imagery by google earth that makes you wonder about the extent of the operations there, including underground bases and research facilities unknown to the general public.

As far as I have been told, Alaska has a bunch of secret submarine/aircraft testing/production facilities, apparently way beyond the scope of what Groom Lake or the like has to offer.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I wonder about the factuality of this article. A tunnel between NYC and the Capital building in DC.? Absolute hooey.

I've been in the tunnel network in the Capitol building personally and I can tell you there is no such thing.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Theres alot of reptilians in a sea side county in wales the U.k! They are every where! Im sure theres bases in pembrokeshire, wales!

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
During construction of these underground bases, does the general public ever notice, feel, or hear anything unusual in regards to construction. You would think that building these bases would generate alot of noise, possible small earthquakes with the blasting that would have to take place.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

smalltownboyfl
I new to this stuff so need help on starting a thread but have somthing want to get out about underground base. I have lived in a little town most of my life. In brooksvill fl we have a small airport that at one time was used ww2 for b52s and fighters to train out of areas around it were used for training runs .(every so often unexploded bombs are found as area grows) this airport has a longer runway thin tampa airpot and was used untill early 90s for c130 flights and paira troop trainning . Witch would take place behind my family land it was very often c130s would fly over my house and drop troops. Somthing the older guys and my grandfather who flew b17 and 52 would talk about a underground base here. I have spent a lot of time as a kid riding motorcycles as a kid with friends behind the airport and even on back runway that was overgrown. Only a few time having been chased off even with a military post that has allway had Apache choppers . Over years the talk of under ground base has came and gone .never given it much thought untill two weeks ago I and a few friends went out off roading in are truck to see what was left of the land . After a few hours of trail riding we stopped in a area we used to as kids we watched a few small planes land . A plane came in that was not a prop plain had sound of a jet the lights on front runway got brighter and back strip went out and two light blue and red came on in the middle .this plane came in fast hoverd Like a chopper over lights .it got loud as it hoverd set down killed its motors turn off lights after a few min back run way lights came on . But No plane . We were not 20 yards from it trees did hinder are view but not enough to hide it from seeing it move away after landing. I don't know what I seen and don't see why we would have a base Like this here but if any one can find info on this place would be nice to know what is up . Brooksvill fl heranado county also known as springhill fl airport. If some one want to start a post with this please do thanks
edit on 27-2-2014 by smalltownboyfl because: (no reason given)

What location were you at exactly? Was it Chinsegut airport? Where were you?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by titian

It is because it IS owned by the Feds. There are places in ANWR where oil seeps up through the tundra. No one can drill there though because it's federally owned and off limits. Alaska itself leases out it's land for oil production.

Where the oil is up on the North Slope isn't pretty. Its flat, brown, soggy, full of mosquitoes, mangy caribou and foxes. To even drill for oil they had to lay plastic down and then gravel to make roads. This is so they can take the roads back up when they're done to protect the environment.

They even built gravel ramps over the pipes that crisscross the oil fields so the caribou can freely travel. They just walk underneath instead. LOL.

It's uber environmentally conscious up there. Whenever you park your vehicle, you HAVE to put spill containment trays under your axles to prevent any drops of transmission fluid or oil from touching the ground. The same with any other foreign substance. We were told that a guy was fired for pouring out a cup of coffee.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

kiraltempe
During construction of these underground bases, does the general public ever notice, feel, or hear anything unusual in regards to construction. You would think that building these bases would generate alot of noise, possible small earthquakes with the blasting that would have to take place.

Not to mention trucks hauling out dirt. But once you mention dirt haulers, the underground base fanatics start with the nuclear rock vaporizers.

Blasting shows up on the USGS network, as well as people can hear the blasts. People who live near rock quarries complain about the noise.

You don't drive your earth moving equipment to the gas station. Rather there are on-site tanks that you have to keep refilling. When they built the Green Briar, the used a golf course construction as part of the cover story.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join