It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ailments that battle swine flu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Yes that's right, instead of crying and dying over swine (yes it's that bad out there) we should pool our resources together and see if we can't find a way out of this god forsaken hell hole.

I demand that this thread be turned into some sort of salvation so that the survivors can try and stitch together some sort of cure for this deadly flu through the process of elimination, just like Alexander Fleming

If you have the deadly flu state the previous conditions that you've ever had,
If you don't have the flu state what previous conditions you've have

Maybe we'll find a way out of this pandemic...... together!

Anyhow to start, for some reason I don't have the flu (thank my god) and I've has chicken pox, measles (so I've been told) and nothing else, no colds no flus... nothing although I had a bout of itchy groin about for 4 months when I was 24. Please help the survivors and post here

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by spitefulgod
Well pneumonia is one ailment that sometimes puts an end to a flu infection.

I'm not sure that I'd recommend that though.

Did you perhaps mean "treatment"?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I was wondering about people with allergies. If they seem to get it or if they do can they fight it off better.

To my understanding people with allergies have a hyper immune system that kicks in trying to fight off anything it doesn't consider normal. I've read that people with allergies are less likely to have cancer.

by the way I'm 50 never had any childhood illnesses even when my older children had them. But I do have allergies. My older child do not. My youngest still at home has many allergies and never has had any of the childhood illness but he's had all his shots.

[edit on 2-5-2009 by napayshni57]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

No not treatments, previous aliments ( just like th penicillin discovery) that will indeed stop this, the most of horrific influenza (surely, BBC, sky, etc told me so) it will be the only way.. what are your ailments...... did you know that of the people who have died from swine flu, more than 80% of then have had acne!!!!! OMG!

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by napayshni57

I was wondering about people with allergies. If they seem to get it or if they do can they fight it off better.

To my understanding people with allergies have a hyper immune system that kicks in trying to fight off anything it doesn't consider normal. I've read that people with allergies are less likely to have cancer.

by the way I'm 50 never had any childhood illnesses even when my older children had them. But I do have allergies. My older child do not. My youngest still at home has many allergies and never has had any of the childhood illness but he's had all his shots.

[edit on 2-5-2009 by napayshni57]

lol, no, in a serious note swine flu seems to make a mockery those with an over active immune system,I'd love to list the word right now but google and live are down right now where I am for some reason.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by spitefulgod
reply to post by Kailassa

No not treatments, previous aliments ( just like th penicillin discovery) that will indeed stop this, the most of horrific influenza (surely, BBC, sky, etc told me so) it will be the only way.. what are your ailments...... did you know that of the people who have died from swine flu, more than 80% of then have had acne!!!!! OMG!

That's interesting.
Where did you find that information?

I put my reliance into a healthy diet:

- Alternating organic oats and currants with grapefruit for breakfast.
- Salad and a bean dish for lunch.
- Veges for dinner.
- Whatever lean meat or fish I'm craving, but only after the veges or salad.
- Freshly made celery and apple juice each day.
- 500 ml good beer or wine once a week.
- Cod liver oil and calcium ascorbate powder, (a non-acidic form of vitamin C,) as supplements.
- Other fruits as available for snacks.

On that regimen I not only don't seem to be dying of a heart disease I'm living with, but my stuffed kidneys have got better and I never catch anything.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Its amazing how diseases can fix another. My uncle has both diabetes and luekemia.. they keep each other in check somehow. I've always thought it very interesting.

Dax

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ImzadiDax

Wow. That's interesting. I have diabetes but I don't want to get luekemia. Besides, I am weaning myself from prednisone, which gave me the diabetes in the first place, and I have lost 60 pounds!! Woohooo! Over the last 3 years. The diabetes is just a bother now, not really serious to me as far as I am concerned.Interestingly enough, I usually don't get ill often over the last 13 years. Even though the drugs suppress my immune system. But this year? Sheesh. Sick all the time. I did take a flu shot last October. Not sure if this did it, cuz, well, my daughter and three grandkids moved in with us last summer. That could be the culprit, too. Ya, know. Exposure to kids that are exposed to all sorts of viruses, etc. in school. But if anybody finds a relatively harmless illness that will negate flu, I might be willing to expose myself to it. Meanwhile, for purely selfish reasons, I don't report my reduction in medicine to the medical people who keep tabs on me. That's all I need. NOT. To be marked as noncompliant with my medical therapy. No Kidney for you!!!!!!!!! If my current transplant would go south. Just saying, I have reduced the three major drugs required for kidney transplant patients and my kidney is gettinng along better now than it was a year ago. And the drugs, including insulin, which caused me to gain enormous amounts of weight in the first place, I've reduced. To get luekemia now while I am weaning myself from these drugs would surely be the death of me.

join