It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what happens when the WHO Declares a pandemic level 6?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Well here is my issue.
I am currently out of town due to a death in the family(not flu related) should I try for home(a days drive from here) or stay put?

I think I will head home, but man it would suck to get stuck away from everything I have at home if they make some massive deceleration.

I am 500 miles from home traveling with kids!

Bug out bags in the car tho.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by freedomataprice]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

You know 4-5 years ago I would have said you were nuts and put you on ignore (I actually cannot do that as mod
) but nothing these days would surprise me.

Be carefull in the hospital

[edit on 4/29/09 by FredT]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomataprice

Get home. Thats what I would do. Even with BOB in the car its far better to shelter in your own home and much better for the kids than being stuck somewhere IMHO

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

You know you love my conspirator mind
my neighbor across the street works in the hospital pharmacy she is the one that got me into volunteer in the hospital, I will ask her tomorrow if is anything been kept hidden from the public.

Still I found this news,

In Mexico City, Mayor Marcelo Ebrard said the swine flu outbreak in city seems to be stabilizing and if the death toll keeps tapering off, he says he will consider easing the citywide shutdown. Ebrard has closed down virtually all aspects of public life at the epicenter of the epidemic, at tremendous cost to the economy.

www.usatoday.com...

Humm, what you think he is lying?

[edit on 29-4-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
It really can be just a mindset. If you walk around focused on sickness, eventually you might get sick, but if you are smart and think positive then you might find some beauty in life. I try to understand the mantra; Everything happens for a reason.

link   
I cannot think of a better way to gather extensive DNA samples by the powers that be.

Are people going to be branded "health terrorists"?

They'll have to fight me for mine.

link   
What happens?
*Ring* vaccinations will be implemented country wide.
Mandatory - forced - vaccinations - especially when you consider the USA has never leveled to 6 before.

And don't forget folks, the government has already given the drug companies COMPLETE immunity for ALL vaccinations.

So if they kill ya, so what...

Don't take the needle.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

We have a doc that in mexico city right now and he says that they have under reported cases and deaths because they fear that the hospital will be swamped, hospital staff will leave and ensuing chaos will turn the huge city to anacrchy.

However, he also says that the city is pretty much shut down and in that case the transmission rate would drop as well.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Fred, you know that the numbers given in the media and the ones been given by the WHO do not match right?

No that I trust the media or the WHO.

29 April 2009 -- The situation continues to evolve rapidly. As of 18:00 GMT, 29 April 2009, nine countries have officially reported 148 cases of swine influenza A/H1N1 infection. The United States Government has reported 91 laboratory confirmed human cases, with one death. Mexico has reported 26 confirmed human cases of infection including seven deaths.

www.who.int...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

I know, but there will always be a lag IMHO. The local media is camped out in front of my hospital as we speak. Any reporter worth his salt will have sources on the staff that feed them info. They will get the scoup before the ID department even begins the process of reporting the case.

As I noted in another thread also many hospitals are not able to test for the virus to that detail. They can do a Influenza A/B test but not specific as to what it is so it has to be sent out out to a location that does it. That can take days and those centers that do do it are inundated now hence the lag.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
It is going to be about creating fear for the control factor.
This will help the vaccine agenda go much smoother.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   

God, couldnt agree more with this statement.

I would equate this to

Common Flu = Stage 5 World Catastrophe Meltdown

This is all BS IMO, and this is a push for **** UNI Healthcare in USA ****

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Glad to know that the media has ATS by the balls.

I for one won't be living in fear. However, I do believe this flu outbreak is a serious situation. (super cereal I'm super cereal guys!) We just can't be living in fear every day...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Hello all!! man this is getting goofy! but remember what i said in a previous thread i started.... my connection in washington told me that there is a "really cool underground" bunker in washington at a FEMA location and his security would only take him so far... but he is aware of something big being planned back in march 09.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Can they really get away with level 6 and marshal law, forced vaccinations and quarantines, and taking blood at checkpoints when no one in the US is dying and with only a few dozen cases? People would and should riot.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Melissa101

We already know that this virus is not a normal flu virus, its a mix of avian/human/swine, it transmits from human-to-human and our immune system can not cope with it. This is why the WHO is acting early, the real breakout has not occured yet but the WHO knows what the virus is capable of.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
Level 6 would probably mean all non essential business/industry will stop for a period of time, we'll probably see people all over the world wearing masks and gloves, store shelves might be bare due to certain imports or transportation holdups.. oh and schools would probably be closed..

Level 6 means that that the face mask you are wearing now (avatar) has to be made from thicker textile.

Level 10 . . . That gets really expensive.
www.defensetech.org...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Well, the local newspaper's headline today reads: "Economists, happy to be out of the spotlight, entertain the idea of building a huge swine monument". It's only funny because it's true.

World Health Organization: An agency of the United Nations established in 1948 to further international cooperation... is financed primarily from annual contributions made by member governments on the basis of relative ability to pay

Source

I am not saying that the whole thing is made up, but there are several incentives for blowing the scare out of proportions. Big Pharma are top of the list.

Are there any publicly accessible records as to who exactly contributes funds to the WHO? That would be interesting to look up.

Kind regards, M.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by CapsFan8

They don't call it quarantine anymore the pc term is "social distancing." I found this document titled "SOCIAL DISTANCING SUPPORT GUIDELINES FOR PANDEMIC READINESS"

It was put out by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment. www.cdphe.state.co.us...

This is not a plan. These guidelines are intended to provide direction and resources to local officials during the planning and implementation phases of a pandemic emergency, while remaining general enough to allow for flexibility at the local level.
Social distancing is defined to include measures that increase the distance between individuals. These interventions can be applied to individuals, large groups or an entire community or region. They are designed to reduce personal interactions and thereby the risk of disease transmission. Some options include:
• Canceling events (concerts, movie theaters, etc.).
• Canceling school classes and events.
• Canceling church services and activities.
• Shutting down or limiting mass transit.
• Declaring “snow days”, asking everyone to stay home and closing “non-essential” businesses, schools, churches etc. “Non-essential” means those facilities that do not maintain primary functions in the community.

Social distancing would be implemented during a health emergency when extraordinary measures are required to control the spread of disease or infection.Be aware that state and federal laws may be modified, suspended or enacted in response to a pandemic.

From what I've read level 6 will involve the states implementing pandemic preparedness plans based on the federal guidelines in this document.

I really don't like what they are saying in the "assumptions" section

The following assumptions are provided as a basis for planning for social distancing in the event of a pandemic. These assumptions are specific to influenza pandemic and are not universal to all emergencies.
• Officials and experts do not know how long a pandemic could last. Communities may be affected in waves that last between six and eight weeks that may continue for up to 18 months.
• State and federal laws may be modified, suspended or enacted in response to a pandemic.
• Healthcare resources will likely be stretched beyond capacity.
• Up to 40% of your workforce may be absent at one time.
• Social and economic disruption is likely.
• If infected, people may be ill for approximately two weeks.
• Susceptibility to the outbreak is universal.

Idk this all kind of creeps me out. For whatever reason if it's decided we go to phase 6 would communities/states free of flu have to live this way also? This document is dated March 2008.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Beach Bum

FEMA Situation Report
April 29th

H1N1 Flu Outbreak Update
H1N1 Flu Outbreak - USA

The H1N1 Flu outbreak continues to grow in the United States and internationally. Tuesday, April 28 the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) reported 64 confirmed cases of H1N1 Flu in the U.S.: California (10); Texas (6); New York (45); Kansas (2); and Ohio (1). An additional 62 probable cases are being tested: Texas (23); New York (12); Ohio (13); Massachusetts (2); Michigan (1); Indiana (1); New Jersey (5); Nevada (1); New Hampshire (1); Arizona (2) and Illinois (1). Most confirmed and suspected cases of H1N1 Flu in the U.S. remain relatively mild. The CDC has not confirmed any deaths related to H1N1 in the U.S.

The Pan American Health Organization / World Health Organization (PAHO/WHO) pandemic alert level remains at Phase 4. Phase 4 indicates that the likelihood of a pandemic has increased. On Sunday, April 26, the Acting Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS) declared a Public Health Emergency (PHE) in the United States as a matter of preparedness in response to the current situation. The DHS Office of Health Affairs is working with other Federal Partners to issue an Emergency Medical Service (EMS) and 9-1-1 specific guidance document to the nation's first responders.

One quarter of the Strategic National Stockpile of anti-viral medications, personal protective equipment, and respiratory protection devices is being released to the states. Anti-virals are being deployed to New York City, Kansas, New York, California, Los Angeles County, Texas, Indiana, Ohio, Louisiana, Utah and Arizona. Shipments to Colorado, Florida, Nevada, Oregon, Vermont, and Washington DC began Tuesday, April 28. Because it is so new, there is no vaccine against A/H1N1 Flu, and this past year's flu vaccine does not provide protection against this strain. The CDC is taking initial steps to begin the development of a vaccine, but a decision to do so has not been made yet. Once development begins it will take 4-6 months for a vaccine to become available.

H1N1 Flu Outbreak - International
The Director-General of WHO determined the current events constitute a public health emergency of international concern, and recommended all countries intensify surveillance for unusual outbreaks of influenza-like illness and severe pneumonia. (WHO Director-General Dr Margaret Chan, April 25, 2009) Tuesday, April 28 the CDC reported there were 48 laboratory-confirmed cases of H1N1 Flu outside of the U.S.: Mexico (26); Canada (13); Spain (2); New Zealand (3); Israel (2); and the United Kingdom (2). CDC reports 7 confirmed deaths in Mexico. An additional 190+ probable cases are being tested for H1N1 Flu in Mexico (172+); Guatemala (3); Kenya (4); New Zealand (10); and Russia (1). The Mexican Ministry of Health requested U.S. assistance with anti-viral medications and personal protective equipment. CDC experts in Mexico are working with Embassy, Mexico City, and local officials to clarify Mexico's specific requirements. The Government of Mexico has closed schools and suspended all public events.

H1N1 Flu Outbreak - FEMA Response
Leadership is monitoring the current situation and participating in conferences and planning sessions to anticipate and respond to the anticipated needs of State and local agencies. DHS Office of Health Affairs is engaged in providing DHS personnel with protective measures. FEMA NRCC is maintaining contact with FEMA Regions, DHS, HHS/CDC, and other Federal and state partners. Select Regions are standing by or have activated personnel in response to the Department of Health and Human Services nationwide Public Health Emergency Declaration:

Region I RRCC is coordinating with the New England States, HHS/CDC and Federal and State partners to determine potential requirements. All States in the Region have a heightened awareness and are fully engaged in preparations should the outbreak enter New England. New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont EOCs are activated at Level II. Partial activation.

Region II RRCC increased their Watch staff and remains at a heighted watch status. A Region II LNO is deployed to the NYC OEM.

Region IV is currently at Level III (Partial Activation) in response to the Public Health Emergency.

Region V is coordinating with the activated EOCs of Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio to monitor and assist with the H1N1 response. Anti-virals and PPE has been deployed to Indiana and Ohio. Ohio currently has 1 confirmed case of H1N1 flu and Indiana has 1 probable case.

Region IX is working with state and county EOCs in response to the H1N1 Flu outbreak. Governor of California declared a State of Emergency on April 28 to strengthen response capabilities and limit the spread of the outbreak.

Region X RRCC Regional Support Team (RST) and Emergency Support Functions (ESF) are on standby.

Travel Considerations related to H1N1 Flu Outbreak
The United States Embassy in Mexico suspended all visa and non-emergency American citizen services from April 27 - 30, 2009. CDC issued a Traveler's Health Alert Notice and a Traveler's Health Warning, which recommends against nonessential travel to Mexico. PAHO/WHO does not recommend travel restrictions at this time. (HHS SOC April 28, DHS Leadership Brief April 28, 6:00 p.m. EDT; CDC Update April 28, 9:00 p.m. EDT; PAHO/WHO Update on Swine Influenza April 28, 2009, FEMA DSAR April 28)

FEMA

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join