It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC Advert/Infomercial

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Anybody in the UK just seen that advert/public info shown on the BBC (01:25am)

never seen anything like that released so quickly here (in light of the recent events)......it just showed a guy in a lift sneezing , whilst a woman and child stood next to him , then advised people to use a tissue and sneeze into that then dispose of it.

I don't really buy into this "pandemic" level people are putting on this current event just yet , but I thought this was a little strange as I haven't seen an 'infomercial' like this for quite a while

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Have not seen that yet, im sure it will come up though. It kind of reminds me of the old Sesame Street episodes where they harped on about 'Cover your nose before you sneeze'
Seriously though if people havn't grasped the general idea of good hygine from the age of 10 it will probably never come easy to them.
Sesame St youtube

[edit on 27-4-2009 by pazcat]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I saw this video a while ago. I found weirdly amusing at the time.
These people recommend coughing and sneezing into your sleeve.
Might be useful if more of us start showing symptoms.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
wow that was quick, wonder if it's a stock ad they made to cover pandemics -probably during the last one, bird flu.

I guess the scientists must have come up with a list of things for the government to worry about, they then paid a massive task force to study how to best combat a pandemic -no doubt the tax payer shelled out a small fortune to be told, 'you need to hire our production company to make adverts telling people about basic prevention and pathogen control!' So the government handed over even more of our money and got back a set of adverts telling people to catch their sneezes, cough into a hankie and maybe soon we'll be seeing the one's about burning bodies, boiling water and finally, laying in the 6 foot deep 'viral safety trench' and covering ourselves with earth.

All in all it's a good thing, too many stupid people act as if their actively trying to spread their illness - take time off when you get ill, stay in bed and read then when you ARE better get up and return to your life - if we all did this then the number of people taking time off work would fall (decreased infection) the productivity of those AT work would rise (run down people don't work all that hard) plus the sick people could use the time to catch up or expand their knowledge of something so when they do return to work they're wiser and more prepared. -it wouldn't take long for many of the now common illnesses such as colds and flu to die right back, lowering the number of cases and thus the chance of mutation. We would all be better for it.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
It's not new, I've seen it quite a few times, mostly on the 'controversial tv' channel on sky. they have loads of public information films and very little commercial adverts.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Here's a scaremongering one from the 1970's

[edit on 28-4-2009 by ivycutler]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
never seen anything like that released so quickly here (in light of the recent events)......it just showed a guy in a lift sneezing , whilst a woman and child stood next to him , then advised people to use a tissue and sneeze into that then dispose of it.

meh, they probably made it in response to the bird flu "threat" and some guy in the promotional department (a small section in a corporation that doesn't do commercials) has been running around crowing "i told you so, show my ad, show my ad" since saturday lunchtime.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I truly doubt their worried about this current version of A/H1N1 swine flu...
However every additional person who contracts it increases the odds it will mutate into something much worse...

join