It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confessions of a TARP Wife

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I found this while surfing, an article from a supposed TARP wife, conveniently credited to anonymous...

LINK

Forget the opera. Cancel dinner at Bouley. How life has changed since my CEO husband went on the government dole.

I am a TARP wife.

In keeping with the unwritten code of this new sisterhood, I have taken a vow of financial abstinence. I returned the presents my husband gave me for Christmas (but didn’t tell him, since he’s already awash in gloom) and am using my credit balances at all the major department stores for important gifts and other necessities.

I am guessing that this piece was created to incite anger in the reader, I know it pissed me off

But after thinking on it for a bit, I think I am more angry that some group of anonymous writers trying to have some fun created this to set people off. I can see them laughing at the comments section after the article.

What do you think, real testimony? or bad taste?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
It would not surprise me one bit if this was an actual letter, really it wouldn't.

People with that sort of money and prestige truly feel above the rest of us and her superior attitude comes shining through.

Gee, I really feel for her that she can't attend her black tie galas in complete comfort, too bad her kid has to face what most American kids do, and too bad she has to cook.

I have to remind myself constantly that there are many wealthy people that do great things with their wealth and are not that bad. People like her make it hard to remember that.

My vote is yes, it is real.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Yeah, I coach boxing and there is a crossfit class that goes on at the same time. Three of the clients are trophy wives of two major corporations. One is a health care conglomerate the other is in natural gas and petroleum.

All three of these pampered brats whine about not being able to get three massages a week and having to cutback on entertaining and one, oh God forbid, will not be getting a new car this year!

I could see someone involved in the TARP crap writing this, but my guess is that it's satire.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Far too inteligently written with far too many diverse cultural and insightful cultural references (a Chairman Mao shout-out?) To have come from one of the trophy wife dullards. I say satirical piece.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
What may be even worse are the trophy wives who leave their husbands at the first sign of financial trouble. Although in many cases the men married their women for rather shallow reasons so perhaps they are just getting what they deserve.

Come to think of it, this phenomenon isn't restricted to the rich and fsmous...plenty of wives of poor men leave their husbands as soon as a single paycheck is missed. Guess they forgot about the "or for poorer" part of their wedding vows. I understand a woman leaving a total deadbeast who she has to basically support, but often they are out the door before the ink has dried on the job severence notice.

[edit on 4/27/09 by silent thunder]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SaveTheDrama

I don't know who wrote that article, but it certainly wasn't a wife of a CEO. In fact, that was the dumbest thing I think I have read in a while..

Financially the super wealthy are "suffering" in the sense of expanding wealth, but aside from money lost on "Salary" (which honestly, CEO's sometimes don't make THAT much money.... it's the benefits, the stock options and the bonuses which the Gov has not limited) As far as I know, the Government is not limiting "Total Compensation"..

Anyways, typically these CEO's, especially of large banks, are already wealthy beyond any of our dreams..

I doubt that their wives are taking back their christmas presents.

new topics

top topics

join