It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US declares public health emergency for swine flu

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
didnt know if you guys had seen this map....
maps.google.com...,-116.139221&spn=2.062781,3.99353& z=8

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Personally I am more afraid of a potential panic caused by this virus than I am of the virus itself.

The damage caused by widespread fear and panic could amount to a fatal blow to an already fragile country and economy.

We are talking about the flu here right?

Everyone stand back, I am going to sneeze.

Sorry.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Good setup for martial law???
i]reply to post by Highground

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

This is actually the part of this that is concerning me. Influenza usually strives in COLDER weather and dies out as the average temperature increases. I'm very concerned by the fact that this sprang up in a very warm climate and is spreading in a warm season.

Interesting. I researched what you said and you are right..

Why flu strikes in cold weather
Scientists believe they have uncovered a key reason why flu viruses tend to strike in cold weather.
They found the viruses coat themselves in fatty material that hardens to a gel, protecting them in the cold.

This coating melts in the higher temperatures of the respiratory tract, allowing the virus to infect cells.

Apparently spanish flu in 1918 did a lot of damage in spring and early summer, but then subsided, re-surging in fall science.nationalgeographic.com

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I said this before on another thread, but correct me if i am wrong, was there a thread about FEMA having 1000s of plastic coffins in Georgia? Or something along those lines?

Tsom87

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Flyersfan,
I did read something about Baxter ready to create vaccinations. I do not know if Obama owns any stock in Baxter. The first I've heard of that is through your post. If he does that really doesn't mean anything. It's an extremely large pharma company. If you're going to invest in the market for money why not them?
However, if you want some real, dirty, possibly insidious news about Baxter, Google Czech Republic, Baxter, vaccinations.
Baxter (around a month ago) sent flu vaccinations to countries in Eastern Europe. Scientists there decided to test the vaccinations on lab rats only to find the rat die because the vaccinations had live human and avian flu in them.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TSOM87
I said this before on another thread, but correct me if i am wrong, was there a thread about FEMA having 1000s of plastic coffins in Georgia? Or something along those lines?

Tsom87

Yeah, but they were ruled as being from an actual company that makes them, and just use the lot as a storage area. I live about 30-40 miles from it, though, and did find it kind of disturbing. However, they were also just coffin liners - things you put the coffins into so that they don't erode/deteriorate as quickly and preserve whatever's inside. Or keep whatever's inside from getting out...

Originally posted by fromtheheart66
Good setup for martial law???

That's what I'm thinking.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

www.nih.gov...

Yes there is a coating, and yes it can dry out in the heat/warmer climates, but dependant on the changes that have occured to the h1n1 during the antigenic shift it may be more viable in warmer weather... The fact that it is hitting this late in the season COULD be a sign that the coating has changed and is now much more viable in a warmer climate... Now that article does not speak much about the coating in regards to exposure to atmosphere but in regards to the methodology of virulence... Its one of a hundred factors... In the cold our mucus membranes dry out(nose/mouth/eyes) making it much easier for an infectious agent to bypass our natural defenses...

I hesitate to post this link because its not a reputable source but it cites the NIH but if you have a nature account I will also provide a link to the march 2008 article... The only thing that confounds me is that I can not find the NIH article on this... Though Nature is considered an academically reputable source so... Yeah...

www.abc.net.au...
www.nature.com...

~ LeAto

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Baxter was caught shipping a weaponized avian bird flu mixed strain in their vaccines last month in Europe. Again, this is proof that this deadly virus was created in a laboratory because they did exactly that last month. Bayer was caught shipping HIV in their drugs in the 80s. Both of these events are published in mainstream newspapers. You can use Google like everyone else to find them.

newworldliberty.wordpress.com...

Alex Jones is now predicting a bioterrorism attack being plotted by the New World Order, possibly for 2009, by connecting dots. Some of these dots are connected in this InfoWars.com article: U.S. Air Force Study Proposed 2009 Influenza Pandemic in 1996.

newworldliberty.wordpress.com...

Is it merely a coincidence the Pentagon would propose in 1996 a deadly flu pandemic for 2009 when live H5N1 avian flu viruses are discovered in vaccines produced by a Baxter International plant in Austria?

www.infowars.com...

There is reason to believe that sections of the international pharmaceutical industry cartel are acting in concert with the US Government to develop a genetically modified H5N1 virus substance that could unleash a man-made pandemic, perhaps more deadly than the 1918 ‘Spanish Influenza’ pandemic claiming up to 30 million lives.

www.globalresearch.ca...

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
So any correlation with the supposed...rumor that HLS was transporting Bird Flu across the nation, rather "vaccines" ...Sure most have seen the youtube video of the call, if not Bird Flu
Very scary.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Possible explanation for the age group 20-50 being reported.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cytokine_storm
It is believed that cytokine storms were responsible for many of the deaths during the 1918 influenza pandemic, which killed a disproportionate number of young adults.[1] In this case, a healthy immune system may have been a liability rather than an asset. Preliminary research results from Hong Kong also indicated this as the probable reason for many deaths during the SARS epidemic in 2003.[citation needed] Human deaths from the bird flu H5N1 usually involve cytokine storms as well.[citation needed] Recent reports of high mortality among healthy young adults in the 2009 swine flu outbreak point to cytokine storms as being responsible for these deaths[4]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
recently updated map of outbreaks

maps.google.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by candide

This is my assumption as to why there have been no US based deaths as of yet... Those infected have primarily been school aged children and some older individuals... If I might add, not to be an ass but please when citing do not use wiki it is often incomplete... I will not say flat out wrong because most often times the data is correct but simply not all the data is given...

~ LeAto

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Can anyone please explain why no one in the UK is taking this seriously? Mexico, Austrailia, New Zealand, Japan, China - ALL TAKING PRECAUTIONS and having government press conferences, but in the UK? NOTHING?

I am panicked here. I live in central London and have to take the tube etc to get to my place of business. I'm not going to go in tomorrow to stay safe, but I'm really angry that we have had no government response.

Action needs to be taken now.

1) Shut down public transportation.

2) Advise people to stay at home.

3) Close all ports and ground flights.

Sure all these things will have economic implications, but this could cost thousands, or even millions of lives - including mine!

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Is it possible that this could be one of those DNA Bio-terror events which target specific genetic traits such as Hispanics?

Do we know the races of those who have survived verses those that have perished?

Also what are they (Mexico) doing with the dead bodies and handling the funerals since people are under orders to not gather?

Where are the body bags coming from if they even use those? Will it be mass graves in the form of a funeral pyre? What of the religious beliefs of not being cremated in this instance?

Has the Vatican spoken up about this yet and if so what are they saying about the final arrangements for the deceased?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
While people wait to discover what degree of exposure Mexico , the U.S and further afield have had to swine flu ,we can all agree our exposure to the "subject" is full blown.

With that in mind , i thought many ATS members ( myself included) could do with little familiarisation as to what virus` are .
Even a little information can take the edge off the sensationalism , and keep us calm & vigilant .

This video explains how viruses operate and how your immune system defends you.
Utube link for the other parts.

Know thy enemy .

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Dutty_Rag

well said my friend! i live in scotladn and have just heard of two cases of this virus being here! 8 people so far are hospitalised and countlesss more infected! someone coughs and im running, warn your family my friend and do that alone! look after what you know!

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
All this time we though that reptilians were a threat. Perhaps this latest development points to some kind of race of ET pig-men hybrids - the missing link in our evolution.

OMG. NOW I'M TERRIFIED>

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Is it possible that this could be one of those DNA Bio-terror events which target specific genetic traits such as Hispanics?

Do we know the races of those who have survived verses those that have perished?

Also what are they (Mexico) doing with the dead bodies and handling the funerals since people are under orders to not gather?

Where are the body bags coming from if they even use those? Will it be mass graves in the form of a funeral pyre? What of the religious beliefs of not being cremated in this instance?

Has the Vatican spoken up about this yet and if so what are they saying about the final arrangements for the deceased?

Not to sound racist or an ignorant American, but I believe one of the reasons there were so many Mexican fatalities is because of the lack of medical preparedness and readiness they have. When the middle-class Hispanics in the US start dying and no-one else, then we'll have something on the race specificity.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
cant wait to see how this flu spreading will go it will probably go world wide unless they do some quartines and i think there more deaths and more infected than they say because some or alot of people probably dont no they have or who nows it could be one of those viruses that hides and shows up later but has the ability to spread

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join