It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
The RSOE site is listing 60 dead and 800 infected in Mexico. There has also been warning to Canadians returning from Mexico. This is the part that shocked me....(bold font is mine)

The illness acts quickly and has led to death in Mexico within five days, she said, adding among those who died were healthy young people between the ages of 20 to 44. “They deteriorate quite quickly,” Skowronski said.

RSOE Emergency and Disaster

I have always thought that the very young, elderly, and infirm were the only ones in real danger from influenza. Also, how can they suspect a 7 day incubation, if deaths are occurring in as little as 5 days? This just keeps getting stranger.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I am no Dr. here, but i'm sure they are just using what vaccines they have to test if any of them help with the strain.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
WHO warned this could be a pandemic, not necessarily on a global scale.

Let us hope no fatal cases are reported, because if deaths occur in American then we know we are dealing with a serious outbreak.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

WHO is now communicating with Canada aswell, has there been a reported case?

I'll get onto the Canadian wires now

Good work! Thanks! Keep us updated on this thread please...

Also just adding this from a local Texas website:

The cases are a growing medical mystery because it's unclear how they caught the virus. The CDC said none of the seven people were in contact with pigs, which is how people usually catch swine flu. And only a few were in contact with each other

www.woai.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cameoii
Also, how can they suspect a 7 day incubation, if deaths are occurring in as little as 5 days? This just keeps getting stranger.

5 days from symptom onset would be what they mean. I've worked too many years in medicine to not understand that one.

You can't even diagnose someone as having the flu while it is still incubating

2-7 days incubation - means you have it but no symptoms yet

in Mexico they have cases needing Ventilators as early as 5 days after symptoms appear. Maybe even deaths that soon if the individual is not near a hospital.

Rural mexico is almost 3rd world, this alone could be the reason for the high mortality rate.

None of the confirmed US cases have had the lower respiratory symptoms like Mexico has reported.

Sometimes running water & good personal hygiene are a blessing, eh?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Absolutlely! Mexico does not have the health care we have here in the US. It may be the reason for all the deaths in Mexico. An American death would signal trouble.

Star and flag this thread everyone. Who knows who has planned a trip to Mexico tomorrow! Everyone needs to know.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

Just in time for Spring/Summer wildfire. Like a unicorn pooping Skittles, I know what (my best Alex Jones voice) "the globalists" have in store for us.

I do not have health insurance right now (long story). If I get this, I die. Right?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

so far in the US there are no deaths from this and one case was an immuno-supressed person - had to be hospitalized but still recovered.

Use the same precautions you would in any flu season, wash your hands often, avoid sick people, keep as healthy as you can, good diet, plenty of fluids (non-alcoholic), multi-vitamins, etc

Won't say it would be fun to get, but so far, looks like being in the US is a better place to be should you get it

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Thanks for clearing that up, I was really confused! Also, here is an article from my local paper. It says that Mexico does not have any type of vaccine and is advising people to avoid the hospitals. It also claims that the suspected cases has gone above 900.

Houston Chronicle

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
A few days ago, 17th

CALIFORNIA, US - The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has published case reports of two children in southern California who became ill as the result of a new form of the H1N1 swine influenza virus in March and April 2009.

On 17 April 2009, CDC determined that two cases of febrile respiratory illness occurring in children who resided in adjacent counties in southern California were caused by infection with a swine influenza A (H1N1) virus.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Two cases of swine flu March and April 2009

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

Another news story on it

Outbreak in Mexico, U.S. tied to new swine flu
Source of unique virus a mystery; CDC announces additional case in Calif.

msnbc.com news services
updated 2 minutes ago

The unique strain of swine flu found in California and Texas has been connected to the deadly flu that has broken out in Mexico, killing as many as 61 people, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control has confirmed.

The strain has never been seen before and is raising fears of a possible pandemic across North America.

The CDC's acting director Dr. Richard Besser announced Friday that an additional child in California tested positive for the swine flu, bringing the total number of U.S. cases to eight. All of the U.S. patients have recovered from the flu.
Story continues below ↓advertisement | your ad here

CDC labs have confirmed that the flu-like illness in both countries is due to the same unusual genetic strain of the virus, Besser told reporters in a telephone briefing. Of the 14 samples tested from Mexico, seven were matches.

more at link

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

If what I hear about Canadian health care is true, possibly. If you live in the US then go to the emergency room, they will bill you later.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Thanks for that. I really do love your avatar by the way, it makes me feel good just looking at it.

I am listening to Alex Jones (live 4th hour) right now but he is not talking about this right now, but I will stay tuned.

I am scared. If I get it and die, then that is what the globalists want, one less plucky.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guzzeppi

If what I hear about Canadian health care is true, possibly. If you live in the US then go to the emergency room, they will bill you later.

Bah, I will green-tea it and if that doesn't work then I will walk out into the forest and that will be that.

Alex Jones is talking about pop. reduction right now, a bit livid, but not talking about this topic yet.

link   

No alcohol?! I'm in trouble.

Good advice red.

link   

There was a separate case back in March (see my previous post) and the children did have access to pigs in California I believe.

We shall have to wait and see if the US cases occur outside the Southern States, that will be a sign of a pandemic in the process.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by infinite]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez

Just in time for Spring/Summer wildfire. Like a unicorn pooping Skittles, I know what (my best Alex Jones voice) "the globalists" have in store for us.

I do not have health insurance right now (long story). If I get this, I die. Right?

No - not right. There are many people without insurance -
Get your immune system working for you.

Eat natural antibiotic and alkaline foods - and water if possible
garlic - onions - grapefruit - grapefruit seed oil - oregano leaf oil -

also -
cayenne pepper - probiotic - caprylic acid - Vitamin c -
for starters -
ah yes - and lots of green tea - organic

Think right -
Visualize health.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cameoii
I have always thought that the very young, elderly, and infirm were the only ones in real danger from influenza. Also, how can they suspect a 7 day incubation, if deaths are occurring in as little as 5 days? This just keeps getting stranger.

The "big" swine flu, The Spanish Flu, also killed healthy adults in their prime. The people with the best immune systems. They drown in their own fluids as their immune systems response goes way too far.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Jones talking about it now! "Vaccine ready!"

www.infowars.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I wonder how many cases may go undiagnosed here in southeast Texas. I know very few people that will actually go to the doctor over what they consider the flu. Also, as someone already mentioned, the amount of people that don't have insurance will increase those that are never diagnosed. There may even be earlier cases that have just not been connected yet.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join