It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Secret Locations Around the World (That Aren't Area 51)

page: 1

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Found this on the Google Earth forums: the following article has a list, images and descriptions of 12 of the world's most secret places, including some ones I hadn't heard of like "Chernobyl-2."

10 Secret Locations Around the World (That Aren't Area 51) ...and 2 extras

Mount Yamantaw
RAF Menwith Hill
Yongbyon
Negev Nuclear Research Center
"Chernobyl-2"
Pine Gap
Site-R (Raven Rock)
Al-Kibar
Kurchatov (Semipalatinsk-16)
Mercury, Nevada
Bushehr Nuclear Power Plant
and the "Ararat Anomaly"

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by koji_K

That was a good time...

Haven't heard of a few of them...

And that last pic with the cloud DIRECTLY over Ararat is an obvious ploy to prevent us from getting a better look...IMO.

But a better look at what..?

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
good thread, i wish i knew how to star and flag threads cause id do it to this one.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
good thread, i wish i knew how to star and flag threads cause id do it to this one.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1e6bd6777e9c.jpg[/atsimg]

Hit the Flag button (right above the title of the thread) than hit the 'empty' star to star it...

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Star & Flag

I've heard of some of these but most of them are new to me.

Interesting Post

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The "Ararat Anomaly" is apparently a replica of Noah's Ark.
www.associatedcontent.com...
Or just google "Noahs Ark Replica Ararat"

I found it because I had another overlay that pointed it out as a fun fact.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I'd like to thank the op for starting this thread, I knew about some of the places listed in his post, but not all of them. So I learned a little something by checking it out.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by koji_K

Excellent Excellent Excellent.

Starred and Flagged. I'm still reading about the first one, Mount Yamantaw is in the Ural Mountains, Bashkortostan, Russia. The name means evil mountain in the Bashkir language. 30,000 workers in each unit. This mother is massively big.

Hope you get a thousand stars for this one.

Everyone should check this out.

Thanks.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Thanks all! I'm glad people are enjoying it

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by koji_K

The former Soviet Union had many secret bases hidden throughout the country. I bet many of them are still secret. Thank you for putting up a list as I will check them out.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
This is one of those "good old" ATS threads... Interesting info - we shall remember these loacations!

- TOP 10 travel locations for ATS members, I quess...

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I should clarify my statement on some secret Russian bases. My meaning is there are facilities that we do not even know about that are probably in Russia right now. Siberia is a vast area, and that is a great place to hide bases at.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Its good to know dont forget dulce base level 7

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by koji_K

Hey I just went to google maps and looked up this location. I started zooming in and at one point you can see the top of the mountain...too far away to get detail so I zoomed one more time and the cloud was there. I can't show what I'mtalking about cause I'm at work but when I get home I will work on some pics...something is fishy.

[edit on 6/12/09 by riotact1] to remove bad links

[edit on 6/12/09 by riotact1] to add title

[edit on 6/12/09 by riotact1]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Bushehr Nuclear Power Plant in Iran...this one I love. It is being built by an arm of Siemens AG.

In all the rhetoric about Iran becoming nuclear, the MSM always seems to forget the fact that their nuclear facilities are being built by European companies.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I love how conveniently a cloud made it's way right above the Ararat Anomaly on Google Earth. Damn clouds.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Does anyone relly know what is going on at the island of lle amsterdam island in the middle of the south pacific island.What i have found out about the island is it belongs to the french and it has some sort or weather research station built at the north of the island.There is not much infomation on the net about this island.When you see the station on google earth imaging it looks more like some kind of military base.I have a good photo of the station from last year.The current photo of the station on google earth has been changed and is very blurred.The centre of the island is blocked by clouds.To me the clouds look like they are fake and have been diliberty placed there to hide something else located on that island.It is said the station has 30 people living there but it just looks like more than that lives there.I know there are two helecopter pads located at the station.South of the station is some kind of area that looks like a mine or underground tunnel entrence.What do you think

[edit on 29-6-2009 by GORGANTHIUM]

top topics

join