It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awesome Images of Saturn.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Just found this article in the Daily Mail

These stunning images of Saturn taken by Nasa's Cassini spacecraft show the ringed planet, its moons and rings in the most incredible detail yet.

Extraordinary glimpses of the planet's atmosphere and surfaces add to our expanding understanding of the sixth planet in the solar system, as the Equinox mission approaches its second year.

The images show the incredible differences within the Saturn system. In one image, serene-looking rings are elegantly stacked up around its equator, making a striking contrast to the cratered appearance of its plethora of moons.

There is also some cool vid.
Enjoy.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Just posting to make sue that anyone checking the pics that you Check out the image of Rhea in front of Titan. I got goose bumps. Amazing. 5th image down on the Mail page.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
WOW..Pure Beauty.., amazing pics.... i just found meself a new wallpaper

thanks for sharing...:

[edit on 21-4-2009 by Next_Heap_With]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Next_Heap_With

They are beautiful arn't they. There is an image there where one of the moons effects the rings and leaves it warped. I think the Moon was prometheus. Just beautiful.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
starred

great post, some stunning images there. Apart from Europa, Titan is the one place where i think we might find evidence of life

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by expatwhite

Thanks,

Its interesting that you mention titan as the article in the OP also says this.

Observations of Titan, Saturn’s largest moon, have shed new light on the likely appearance of Earth before life evolved, Nasa believes.

Experts claim the many parallels can be seen in its land formations, which include lakes, rivers, dunes, mountains and possibly volcanoes.

Weather patterns also show striking similarity to those on our own planet, with clouds, rain and snow.
Daily Mail

I think your hopes for Titan match mine. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Just thought I'd add some linkage to NASA and Cassini for those that are interested in other Saturn related material and images.
Worth a look.
Cassini

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Anyone on twitter you can add Cassini if you are so inclined.
Here is the Twitter Cassini
It updates images etc. links to kepler and other cool stuff.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Cool stuff! Thanks for the link.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
No prob mate. Glad you enjoyed the thread.
If you follow on twitter there is heaps more links to other NASA missions and stuff.
Take care.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Great find. Best pics i've seen yet... I just got a nice telescope and although I won't see this well it will still be nice to see it live "in the gas" haha

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Thanks, great pics arn't they. Glad you liked the link. Cool on the telescope dude, I'm jealous. I bought my niece a telescope for xmas and ever since I've been pondering an "investment" in one myself.

top topics

join