It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another patriot and (future) statesman? Don't count on MSM coverage of this powerful speaker.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I don't know if this would be considered the right forum for this, but I think Adam Kokesh pretty well sums up my core values...

www.youtube.com...

He even has a page to get petitions to make a 2010 bid for US Congressman, New Mexico. Pretty ambitious.

draftkokesh.com...

There's not much I've seen so far that I don't agree with on some level.

It looks as though the western states is where all the folks that really want change are trying to make things happen.

Any thoughts on this man? Thanks.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Wow... This one is a GIANT eye opener. Too bad this man gets a limited venue (so far)...
I love that people think Marines are stupid.

Just watch.

www.youtube.com...

Thanks for your time.

Semper FI, Adam Kokesh... wherever you are.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I have to admit that this person Mr. Adam Kokesh is some speaker. The speech he gave is something one doesn't hear too often as of late. Sounds like something from the American Revolution period. Words you don't hear any longer. I would tend to agree with what he has said but I am sorry that most of us here in the U.S. just don't seem to want to listen. Its as if most of us are just too dumbed out of our minds.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Brothers

Sadly, alot of this seems to be going around... Apathy.

I'm convinced that there will be no revolution the way things are now. There needs to be a common ground clearly identified for the masses to revolt.

I really think Adam Kokesh is on to something... If he can stay just enough below the radar to not become a martyr first...

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Well, I'm not American but he certainly gives hope for the future.

His words are relevant and inspiring for all of us.

I just hope that it is not just rhetoric and that he has some substance.

Acts and deeds!!

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by cbianchi513

I think that Mr. Kokesh has the passion and ability of the Founders. I seriously doubt he could be elected to Congress these days without having to compromise his values. I do think he could fill the shoes of being the leader for a new party.

Edited to add: At least from what I saw of him in his video.

[edit on 21-4-2009 by inthesticks]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by inthesticks

I do think he could fill the shoes of being the leader for a new party.

See, that's just it. From everything I have seen or read about him, he doesn't really seem to have political ambition. He genuinely seems to be a man of action as well as words.

I also think he could lead a party, kind of like George Washington did when Congress asked him to assume leadership.

I believe if enough people listen to what this man has to say, perhaps We the People could ask similarly of Mr. Kokesh.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I like the work Adam has done so far. He has been pretty much unflinching in his efforts so far. Nothing like seeing that war as a racket first hand on the battle field to wake a fellow up.

I hope he has some luck on his venture in politics but I do not give it much chance of success in that rather dirty game but what do I know?

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by cbianchi513

If he doesn't have any political ambitions, that makes him even more appealing.

What struck me the hardest was his passion and ability to inspire. He made me want to get up and go slap Washington DC.
He has what Ron Paul doesn't. The ability to ignite a passion to fight for our beliefs. I love Paul and my political leanings are much the same, but he never really inspired me. This guy does. He could "rally the troops" in a way that Paul couldn't. He's young, which is a big plus.

I can definitely see him as a leader for a new, strong party. Ron Paul's knowledge and and his speaking ability would be hard to beat for those that are willing to listen. And, could even pull in some converts.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by inthesticks

I agree, and as was mentioned before, he's been to the sandbox. As a grunt. I don't care who you are, that alone gets my respect.

I'm sure he'll gain credibility with vets, even though he downplays his service.

I also liked his theory about wearing the wristband. Perhaps this could become a subtle point of solidarity for patriots. A way for us to know that we are not alone.

More on Adam Kokesh as I find it...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I was going to start another thread altogether, but I decided not to be a whore to ATS just to get a nifty title under my name. (I was looking for that last flag...)

I just don't write that many threads, that's all.

Anyway, as promised, here is a site that Kokesh promotes in one of his speeches

The premise is very simple:

Two thousand years ago, a Roman Senator suggested that
all slaves wear white armbands to better identify them.

"No," said a wiser Senator,
"If they see how many of them there are, they may revolt.

I wear the band, and have gotten many others to start as well. If this catches on, who knows what TPTB will be forced to do?

We are all slaves... It is time to be counted.

PLEDGE TO RESIST! WEAR THE BAND!

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Geez . . . that guy is brilliant.

He should run for President.

top topics

join