It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sacha Baron Cohen is a fraud, says Republican tricked into bedroom for gay scene with Bruno

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Sacha Baron Cohen is a fraud, says senior Republican tricked into bedroom for gay scene with Bruno

www.dailymail.co.uk

After the huge success of Sacha Baron Cohen's films Ali G In Da House and Borat: Cultural Learnings Of America For Make Benefit Glorious Nation Of Kazakhstan, you'd think people would have wised up to the comedian's disguises. But it appears not everyone recognises the comedian when he's dressed up as his third alter-ego, gay Austrian fashion reporter Bruno.

Texas congressman Ron Paul, who was a Republican candidate for the 2008 presidential election, was left fuming after he was unwittingly tricked into a hotel room with Cohen's Bruno character.

The right-wing politician was tricked into being a target of seduction by Bruno last summer by posing as an economic reporter.

Republican presidential hopeful, Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas. Unhappy: Ron Paul fled a hotel room when Sacha Baron Cohen started undressing. After Paul briefly appeared in the trailer for Cohen's forthcoming film Bruno: Delicious Journeys Through America For The Purpose Of Making Heterosexual Male, he realised he would have to explain himself to voters.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 17-4-2009 by News And History]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Sacha Cohen is well-known for playing many roles (such as "Borat", "Ali G", and Bruno the homosexual fashion-critic). If you don't watch a lot of comedy shows on government-controlled TV programs, you're definitely not very familiar with comedians like Mr. Cohen.

He has a long history of deceiving his guests, and playing as imaginary characters on his show, even when his guests do not approve or appreciate his behavior.

Ron Paul is 1 of many victims of false-journalists & government-controlled comedians like Sacha Cohen. Fooling & ridiculing respectable people (especially elderly diplomats or leaders) is a pleasure to Mr. Cohen & his camera-crew.

Bruno is part of a large conspiracy against significant public figures & respectable leaders. Don't be surprised when Sacha starts targeting leaders in the "truth-movement", rather than government-controlled freemasons in congress.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by News And History

Bruno is part of a large conspiracy against significant public figures & respectable leaders. Don't be surprised when Sacha starts targeting leaders in the "truth-movement", rather than government-controlled freemasons in congress.

A large conspiracy? What do you believe this fictional character's goal is then? Or what would Sacha's goal be in this conspiracy? He's just a guy who is trying to be funny, trying to get attention, and trying to get a rise out of people.

It wouldn't be funny to trick a pro-gay leader into a hotel room where a gay man awaited him. It wouldn't be funny to bring an Evangelical into a room with a devote christian. He has to bring opposites together in order to turn it into a film-able situation. Simple.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I don't think this will be s funny as the previous film but I am definitely going to watch it nonetheless. I saw the red band trailer and it looked like he was really trying a bit too hard for laughs. Although when he received the "African" baby by express mail (or in a luggage) at the airport I was in stitches.

Looks like a real attack on the celebrity lifestyle.
I think Cohen is a real talent.

Oh...so Ron Paul got tricked and is upset about it?

I hope he isn't worried about losing his heterosexual conservative base.
That would be just dreadful.

It could be a funny scene, though Ron Paul may not have much of a sense of humor I suppose.

- Lee

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I know what you mean. Sacha is a funny dude, sometimes. He's certainly not the only person, who likes to use Ron Paul to get more publicity than ever before. Ted Anderson (Gold-finger), Alex Jones (Godfather of 9/11 truth), Rupert Murdoch (Globalist), Bill Maher (wacky atheist talk-show host), Chuck Norris (American God of Kung Fu), and other major players in the entertainment industry love to have Ron on their networks.

Originally posted by Alora
A large conspiracy? What do you believe this fictional character's goal is then? Or what would Sacha's goal be in this conspiracy? He's just a guy who is trying to be funny, trying to get attention, and trying to get a rise out of people.

Well, I see you're part of "the conspiracy" too.
How dare you try to cover this up! Sacha Cohen is out to get all of us. At least, I'm not afraid to deny that solid fact.

To completely serious & honest, I agree with you. Thanks for shedding some light on this thread.

top topics

join