It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Real Firefighters Think of Firefighters For Truth

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:
six

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

No offense but I know a lot of firefighters, and they may be courageous but they aren't always the smartest bunch of people. Maybe when it comes to how to be careful around fires, but I wouldn't trust them much beyond that just because they're a firefighter.

Wow...Just wow. I never figured you to one of those types bsbray. Your comment just shows your ignorance of the fire services. Just because you have a BS and sit behind a desk punching computer keyboard makes you smarter than a firefighter? You know alot of firefighters? Define alot please. I know ALOT of firefighters and MOST have BS degrees and some Masters, so as to marginalize firefighters as courageous but dumb is pretty ignorant on your part dont you think? Do you have any idea of the training that one goes through to become a firefighter? You sat through...what... 130 to 140 hours to get your degree? Just to get on with my department, you have to sit through 720 hours of training. Then you are required to do a addtional 240 per year just to keep your job. Training that includes fire behavior, building construction, bio terrorism, Advanced Cardiac Life Support, to induced hypothermia for cardiac and trauma patients. And this just a few of the classes we have to take, just to maintain our cerifications and keep our jobs. How much additional training do you do a year? Because you sat through a traditional 4 year school your training is better? Because you have a piece of paper with "BS" on it you are smarter? So because "alot" of the firefighters you know are not the smartest bunch of folks, they cant have a informed opinion as to what happened on that fateful day? Thier training and experience counts for nothing? After all that is all that is on here...is a bunch of peoples opinion as to what happened. Thats all, nothing more. Some are informed, others are not. At the end of the day nothing will ever be solved. Is this a case of ignorance masquerading as intelligence? I thought you were better and above all of that. My mistake.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by six
Wow...Just wow. I never figured you to one of those types bsbray.

You never figured I would be a free-thinking type? Really? On a conspiracy theory forum?

I obviously struck a chord with you but I stand behind my statement that firefighters are no more intelligent than anyone else, except at fighting fires. At least least until proven otherwise on an individual basis. I know plenty of firefighters, policemen, EMTs, etc., all good people (except for the police
) but no one is saying they build rockets and circuit boards in their spare time.

Don't think I'm calling you stupid, because I'm not. But just because you say something about a building that was on fire, and you're a firefighter, you would be nuts to think I'm just going to take your word for it. The government didn't let firefighters investigate the fires, either, so I'm not alone.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by bsbray11]

six

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

No, a education snob. Nothing about free thinking. Thats why most people are here . I never said that we were the smartest people on earth, but niether are rocket scientist .
To marginalize what firefighters have to say because some dont have degrees is just snobbish. Just because you are a engineer, do you think you could repair your car or refrigerator? Most of those guys probably dont have degrees, but they do have a expertise outside of yours. I am just saying that listen to what we have to say, you might learn something. Just because we chose not to sit behind a desk, does not make us neanderthals.
In the same respect, just because you are a engineer, I am not going to take your word at face value either.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by six]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by six
I never said that we were the smartest people on earth, but niether are rocket scientist .

And I never said you were any dumber than anybody else, either, so it sounds like our opinions aren't really any different.

And if there were a rocket scientist on here, he could blow it out his rear all day too, and I wouldn't care, unless he showed something objective to back what he said. That's the only thing that will ever cut my mustard.

To marginalize what firefighters have to say because some dont have degrees is just snobbish.

You're misrepresenting what I'm saying. I never said anything about degrees, I think they're worthless too. I'm not "marginalizing" anybody. I'm simply expressing that I don't care what their opinions are, a fact is a fact to 1st grader and Einstein alike. And opinions are equally worthless to me from all sides of the table unless I can intuitively identify with that opinion myself, and even then I'm probably not going to say anything about it because I don't expect anybody else to care what my opinion is most of the time anyway.

Just because you are a engineer, do you think you could repair your car or refrigerator?

No, but I could and have repaired them anyway. Not my refrigerator electronic equipment of about equal complexity. That was just my major, I don't even consider myself a real engineer because I'm not certified and it's not part of my job. But I bet you $500 I could easily have specs for my model refrigerator, if not off the internet, then just mailing the right person (there are people who just distribute these kinds of documents for technicians), and figure out what needed to be done with it just by inspecting it myself and comparing it to the data on the spec sheet. Honestly in a real life scenario it would probably be cheaper to buy another one if something actually happened to one, but I don't know, and that's another subject...

Most of those guys probably dont have degrees, but they do have a expertise outside of yours.

So what exactly have you been trained to know as far as how fires affect the structural integrity of steel framed buildings, their rates of expansion, the effects of the deformations they create, the yield strength changing in relation to temperature, etc.? In other words what do they teach firefighters about deformations in steel frames that engineers don't know, or didn't know before the firefighters? Not about the fire itself, or how it burns, but what it does to the steel, in technical detail.

I am just saying that listen to what we have to say, you might learn something.

About how to fight fires, sure. I'm all ears.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Sounds like a bunch of all knowing individuals to me.

[edit on 18-1-2010 by mikelee]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
The 9/11 truth movement can, however, produce a list of thousands of engineers,....architects,.....scientists, physicists, and demo experts that DO subscribe to the 9/11 truth movement as every 9/11 research organization has a members list.

Care to show us the peer reviewed articles that these people have published, pointing out why the OS is wrong? no, I did not think you could! Now why is that....

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by dereks

A few years ago the question was, "Where is even ONE professional engineer that agrees with your conspiracy theories?"

So in the coming years when we do have lots of papers talking all about the nitty gritty of why we are lacking information, and why the NIST hypothesis is not complete and needs further review, and all that kind of juicy stuff, what are you going to say then?

What is your next excuse going to be, once there ARE hundreds of papers? Because this one is a logical fallacy to begin with. A rhetorical question that amounts to nothing, because if you tried to assert where you're going with this in the positive (ie you're all wrong because there aren't hundreds of peer-reviewed papers supporting you), you're committing a blatant fallacy of equating truth to the peer review process.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join