It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mushroom Kingdom Fusion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Well, not sure how many of you are fans of 3rd party games, as my last post about a new very well made Metroid fan game got no responses. But here you go.

I was browsing the net looking for speed runs on Mario 3. I came across a video showing Arthur, from ghost and goblins, running through a Mario level.
I was like, "WOW, really"?

Yeah, there is a great game in the works called Mushroom Kingdom Fusion. It's rather new, but it works quite well. The load screen takes forever to load up the game (about 7 min on this ancient dinosaur that I call my computer), but that should be addressed in the next beta version. Yes this is a beta, and I must say, I am impressed.

Ever wanted to play as Mario or Sonic on Bubble Man's stage from MegaMan2? Here's your chance to do just that. The game is styled in a Mario3/Super Mario world way in terms of moving from level to level. And the game play is very similar as well. How ever, there's quite a few twists. I'll let you all check it out and let us all know what you think. I'm hooked myself.

*Warning* This is a beta, it has quite a few flaws. The main one being that the game really slows down during extend play periods frame rate wise. So if you're an impatient person and want smoothness and perfection right now, then you'll have to wait.

How ever, I have REALLY enjoyed what has been done so far. From the level design, the mixed worlds, hell the whole concept is awesome! These people have worked hard to get what they/we have now.
Here's a link to various videos since I'm too stupid to figure out what the hell a video ID tag is, yes I looked it up, tried, and failed, just not worth the aggravation right now.

Mushroom Kingdom Fusion

Hungry yet? I know I am. But just to note, don't go to their site and ask for a release date, they won't give one and you'll get yelled at. lol

[edit on 7-4-2009 by Slash]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Downloaded it myself and I've tried it a little bit. It seems like a lot of fun. I was only bummed that they didn't include on of my favorite characters from a Tg-16 game. Bonk from Bonk's adventure. He would be a blast to play but he doesn't have any sort of range attack so I imagine something would need to be created.

Edit to add:

I just wish that they would have setup some sort of Joystick/Joypad support.

[edit on 16-4-2009 by Deson]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

Yeah they're working on joy pad support. For now you can use a key board to joy pad emulator. I haven't tried it yet my self. Glad you're enjoying it so far. More characters are being added so who knows, I bet bonk would be awesome to have.

Here's another video of some game play.

Edit: YAY I got a video to work!!!

How long did it take to load for you Deson?

[edit on 17-4-2009 by Slash]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I take it that your talking about load and then play? Roughly 2 - 3 minutes or so. I didn't pay attention to it all that much. it was one of those, "has it locked up?" Well, let's give it some time and then I saw the indicator move.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

Ahh cool. That was my reaction the first time I fired it up.
I found a neat trick and used my brain, I read the readme and found the solution to any slow down probs you might encounter while playing, just hit 2 to increase the frame skip and 1 to lower it. Works like a charm, too bad it doesn't speed up the load time. Happy gaming!

[edit on 18-4-2009 by Slash]

new topics

top topics

join