It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you had absolute power...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I would first eliminate human intelligence. We are the most unhappy species on the planet because we over-think situations where instinct should take over. We have created this complex and dysfunctional society, and the major gap between the intelligence of the top 1% vs the bottom 99% only furthers this. Intelligence is controlled and used against the least intelligent by the most intelligent.

I would eliminate all material possessions. All humans would be forced to work, and they'd be forced to work only for what would keep them alive.

I would eliminate all law. The laws of nature would govern people. Nature balances everything out in the end. If a person murders another, let the family of the victim take care of it. Who says it's the job of the state to handle this? Nature will handle it. Emotion is far too involved in the rule of law. It should be instinct and destiny. What ever is meant to happen will happen. Outsiders should not get involved.

I would dismantle and destroy all infrastructure, including cities. Personal homes (excluding mansions and other ridiculously large homes) would be permitted. But corporate buildings, oil pipelines, cities and towns - all signs of economic power would be eliminated. I would clear all the pollution that the construction of this infrastructure caused, and I would restore the land to how it originally was.

Finally, I would eliminate all government, all money, all corporations and companies, and all national borders. There would be no politics or economics. People would work for what they need by exchanging favors. People would establish their occupation as what they do best - whether it be growing food, buildings homes, and anything in between - and others would exchange favors with them to pay for their food and their homes.

We are heading in the completely wrong direction. We are devolving. Our intelligence, need for material possessions, human law, infrastructure, politics, and economics are all used to distract, divide, and conquer humanity. Without this, we would surely be more happy.

[edit on 4/7/09 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I would follow in the footsteps of our Creator. I would generate living creations, essentially nodes of myself, each independently thinking and different and put them into a reality where they are free to choose and live out their existence. I would immerse myself in their experiences through their perspectives, understand the full spectrum of all things and better understand myself and my own reality.

I believe true wisdom comes from having infinite power and choosing not to use it. The opportunity to make a choice must first be created through an equal understanding of every angle and point of reference.

Th8nker

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic
I would demonstrate this power to everyone, show them that it is possible. I would them martyr myself (if such a thing is possible), as a display of the fact that NO ONE has the right to have ultimate power over anyone else.

That would be a very stupid thing to do. It didn't do the human race any good at all the last time someone allegedly did this.

Would it not be more productive to broadcast to the world before doing so that you were going to crucify all corrupt rulers on Earth then martyr yourself after doing precisely that ?

If you did, the human race would be much more likely to respect you afterwards !

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

"We are heading in the completely wrong direction. We are devolving. Our intelligence, need for material possessions, human law, infrastructure, politics, and economics are all used to distract, divide, and conquer humanity. Without this, we would surely be more happy"

I'm finding it hard to reply to this because of the hypocrisy, you say we are devolving and it is a bad thing... therefore we should remove human intelligence, that doesn't make much sense. Would you not rather just remove all those who are corrupt and while you're at it remove the whole mind-set of us as humans where power corrupts, would seem a lot easier and wouldn't turn humans into mindless drones with the sole ambition of self-preservation.

Think about what you would create. In your world there would be no art, music or expression, because people would not have the intelligence, the time or the money for such investments. You would not be changing the world much for the better with this as people will not be able to get more than what they need, it will be back to the same 9-5 routine except with no leisures to let you unwind at the end of the day...

Maybe I read wrong, maybe you were joking or maybe that's the type of life you want to lead... either way this would not help humanity at all...

[edit on 7/4/2009 by Irishwolf]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I'd make every single lifeform happy and capable of unhindered joy and biological evolution. No more caste and societal boxes and social cues to answer to. Just being, and being content with being. There is enough Earth for everyone. Even as a kid, I never understood how anyone could "own" the Earth. It never made sense to me. So many people could sustain themselves if they just had a small few acres of land to work without having to pay some ridiculously exhorbitant fee to do so. But instead we have homeless, poor and destitute. It's all BS, and it's time for this crap to end. I hope in my soul almost everyday that I will wake up and find that Earth is just a nightmare.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I dont know if anybody here watches the X Games, but you know those ramps? Yeah they would grow on every inch of non winter like land, as a kind of ultra rad tree. I would fortify the ocean so that we would have a never ending supply of fish to eat. Everyone would be able to speak dolphin. Machines would fish for us, no work. Thousands of types of skateboards bicycles and scooters as only possesions. To come to power, become a doctor, as this would be the only job needed, extreme sports are dangerous. hospitals, food and housing all inside ramps. these people would be almost childlike in everyway. Wars fought as X games.Birds cover the skies. Cameras all over. And the internet. I would then watch from a lounge chair on the moon with E.T..

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
1. End Poverty, Death, Disease, Selfishness and Crime.
2. Give everyone a mansion in the City of Heaven.
3. Repair the earth from the ravages of man and his capitalist endeavors.
4. Grant everyone the ability to travel at the speed of thought to wherever they want to go anywhere in the Universe, anytime they want to go.
5. Have a huge party that lasts for 1000 years.

Who's with me?

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Awesome topic. I think we've all had the fantasy of obtaining great powers and abilities, whether in childhood, adolescence, adulthood or all three. Absolute power...well that's taking it to a whole new level; we all know that the more power one has, the more likely they are to become more corrupt as well.

I think you would need to have a staggeringly high sense of morality in order to use these powers justly and remain fair. Currently while I'm not absolutely powerful, I say things like achieve world peace, heal the earth from natural disasters, enable every human being access to healthy food and purified drinking water. Remove things such as evil, envy, hate, poverty, irrationality etc.

However, having these powers would also elicit paradoxical circumstances. If I rid the world of evil, does that mean I am unable to do evil myself or am I exempt because of my absolute power? If I instantly provided food and drinks for every being, will many millions of people around the world become unemployed? If I remove suffering, pain and pessimism will I forget compassion, empathy and altruism? If I solve every imaginable problem in every possible universe, will my purpose be lost?

How would I eventually surrender these absolute powers? Can these absolute powers simply disappear once I have abandoned them? How could I ever improve and develop as an entity if all my wishes were reality?

[edit on 8/4/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Seasick

You are really on to some deep truth there, about self sufficiency. I am half-a-hundred, and had terrible problems all my life, because I had a undiagnosed unacknowledged form of Autism, and I kept and kept trying and trying to obtain successfull autonomy ('The Pursuit Of Happiness') within the system of low-paying high-stress thankless jobs, until I now get Social Security. Because it's not very much, I am innescapably relegated and abandoned to cheap noisy apartments, where my hyper sensory sensitivity and hypervigillance, is daily and nightly assaulted, making me never on a path of mental -health-. In thinking what you said about how people would do, if they were given a plot of land and a house free from outrageous cost: I wonder how many people would need to be assistance recipients, if each one was --given-- ONE TIME for starters, a solar powered house, a food garden, one of those devices that makes your own clean water from humidity. See, the concept of providing everyone a one time START, instead of ongoing assistance, dept, stress, distress, one-paycheck-away-from-homelessness, being at the mercy of a minimum-wage, etc. I listened today, to Alex Jones explain how some of the trillions given to the bankers, would MORE than provide every American a fresh start, paid mortgage, paid-off credit card dept, and then some.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irishwolf
...and I mean absolute reality bending powers, where you could create or destroy anything with a thought, talking god-like here but if you were still physical... what would you do?

I would wonder are there others .
Seek them out ....

Perhaps this would lead to a series of battles in an ascortment of underground carparks and shabby alleyways.

There can only be one !

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join