It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riot Cops Killed Newspaper Seller At G20

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Solicitors representing G20 protesters are warning the Metropolitan Police they may seek a judicial review of the tactics used at the summit.

Members of the Climate Camp group want the Met commander to explain why force was used and why crowds were "kettled" - or contained - for several hours.

BBC NEWS

Well we will see if this gets anywhere or they will try and stop thise from going ahead.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Just to let anyone interested know today 02/07/2009 I received a message via Youtube regarding this case:

TheIPCC has sent you a message:

Tomlinson Investigation
Dear **********,

Further to my message earlier in the month, I am writing to ask if you could contact the investigation team. The footage that you have uploaded on to this site is of great importance to the progress of the investigation, and as such we would appreciate the opportunity to talk to you about the events that you witnessed on the day, and also to view your originals of the footage you have uploaded if you have retained it.

The contact details for the investigation are:

[email protected] or 0800 096 9071

Alternatively you could call our switchboard on 0207 166 3000 and ask to speak to the Tomlinson investigation team.

Thank you again,

David

IPCC

www.ipcc.gov.uk

I have already been interviewed by the IPCC but it is good to know they are still trying to gather more evidence.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by RE2505

A committee investigating the G20 Police Tactics have criticized some of the tactics used by the POLICE, Kettlin was one which came under criticism by the committee, another was of police officers being put into situations where they had not been properly trained for the protests.

I am pleased that the IPCC has contacted you with regards to the video footage taken on that day. Lets just hope that they the police do not get away with this and are held accountable for thier actions.

If they are not held accountable for what happenned at the G20 Protests, I can see a backlash against them from the public.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I'm not sure if anyone is aware of this ?

Police claimed G20 victim may have died after clashing with 'fake' officer

Police told Ian Tomlinson's widow that someone posing as a officer may have been responsible for shoving him before he died during the G20 clashes, campaigners said last night.

Source

Apologies if this is already known.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by ken10]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
A Article I found on the Police Officer who might be accused of murdering Mr Tomlinson:

The police officer questioned over the death of a news vendor during the G20 protests should not have been in the force.

He had retired from the Metropolitan Police with an unresolved disciplinary charge but vetting blunders allowed him to return.

I wonder what the unresolved Disciplinary matter as, and what blunders were allowed to let him back into the Police Service.

The officer retired sick after a road accident when he was accused of using unnecessary force against a driver. However, he was able to join Surrey Police, and later transfer to the Metropolitan force because the unresolved disciplinary issue was not flagged up during vetting. The Independent Police Complaints Commission would not comment yesterday.

Typical, how they do not vett former police officers who have retired, plus It is interesting to know that he was accused of using unecesarry force involving a individual.

Source

[edit on 6-7-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   

A watchdog has said the Metropolitan Police's planning for the London G20 protests in April was inadequate.

Her Majesty's Inspectorate of Constabulary said the force had responded well to some of the challenges posed by the world summit.

"We live in an age where public consent of policing cannot be assumed and policing, including public order policing, should be designed to win the consent of the public."

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join