It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Existence of UFOs can be proven via NASA Shuttle footage alone

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
This is only one category of UFO evidence -- but if careful analysis shows it's entirely bogus (which is my contention) it might tell us an awful lot of the 'mechanism of credulity' that has infected the UFO movement and which (I argue) stands in the way of recognizing and validating the core true evidence (if such a core exists) of extraordinary stimuli behind some subset of reports.

Isn't that important to determine? Or are all minds closed on this question?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

With respect Jim, if all of this is "entirely bogus" as you say... then what on earth is the saucer thing flitting past the NASA camera on the latest NASA mission...www.abovetopsecret.com...

?????

Sure ain't an 'ice particle'!

[edit on 12-5-2009 by RiotComing]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by RiotComing
reply to post by JimOberg

With respect Jim, if all of this is "entirely bogus" as you say... then what on earth is the saucer thing flitting past the NASA camera on the latest NASA mission...www.abovetopsecret.com...

?????

Sure ain't an 'ice particle'!

[edit on 12-5-2009 by RiotComing]

Worth discussing, for sure -- see my comments there.

JimOberg: "Whoever labeled the videos didn't even know why the live TV downlink stopped off the coast of Arabia. Uh, ever hear of the ZOE? No? Ignorance allows imagination to run riot -- case in point. "

Several posters hyped an imaginary deliberate control center choice to 'cut off' video when the 'UFO' appeared. The video actually cut off when the shuttle passed out of range of the relay satellite, which it does right off the coast of the Arabian Penninsula, as you can see on the ground tracking map.

Imagination -- and nasty accusations of coverup -- allows a lot of posters here to live their delusions as if they were reality.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by RiotComing

RiotComing,
I realize I am literally years behind at commenting on your thread but I just wanted to say something..
Over a year ago when I was working a very early job, 4 am to 1pm everyday.. Well I had to set out on my long drives every morning in the dark a.m. hours...multiple times I spotted something I believed to be a star, ruling that out looking over constellations..then thought it was a satellite, also ruled that out reading updates of listed satelittes around the US and what I was looking at every morning was not that either. From the beginning I believed it was strange, but ofcourse ruled out all rational reasons first. So often seeing this light, I decided Im going to start filming it, photographing it etc. So I did...and with the most simple photoshop skills of zoom and changing the photo to infared heat vision which you can do on any smart phone... I got the most vivid photo I had of all my attempts. An almost perfect oval, with a whole in the middle, and an almost curved protruding bottom. I have never ever seen the exact image I so hardly worked to find, Until the released NASA videos... Now I can literally watch the image I took a photo of, on places like the history channel. At the time I was taking verbal bullying and bashing due too my ballsy attempt to get other to see my photo. I got made fun of, and now the exact image is on archive...Hmmm..My question is who or what takes that shape that is found so far out into space and also above my southern sky at night. My laptop was struck with viruses and hundreds of photos lost, so it is hard to always get people to believe me..which I also believe that may have happpened for a reason too.. I have seen what you are posting here years ago and I think you are posting no hoax or quote smoking gun. I completely believe you. Gawd I wish I still had these pictures. Thanks for this thread....even years later its giving a young girl hope.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

RiotComing,
I realize I am literally years behind at commenting on your thread but I just wanted to say something..
Over a year ago when I was working a very early job, 4 am to 1pm everyday.. Well I had to set out on my long drives every morning in the dark a.m. hours...multiple times I spotted something I believed to be a star, ruling that out looking over constellations..then thought it was a satellite, also ruled that out reading updates of listed satelittes around the US and what I was looking at every morning was not that either. From the beginning I believed it was strange, but ofcourse ruled out all rational reasons first. So often seeing this light, I decided Im going to start filming it, photographing it etc. So I did...and with the most simple photoshop skills of zoom and changing the photo to infared heat vision which you can do on any smart phone... I got the most vivid photo I had of all my attempts. An almost perfect oval, with a whole in the middle, and an almost curved protruding bottom. I have never ever seen the exact image I so hardly worked to find, Until the released NASA videos... Now I can literally watch the image I took a photo of, on places like the history channel. At the time I was taking verbal bullying and bashing due too my ballsy attempt to get other to see my photo. I got made fun of, and now the exact image is on archive...Hmmm..My question is who or what takes that shape that is found so far out into space and also above my southern sky at night. My laptop was struck with viruses and hundreds of photos lost, so it is hard to always get people to believe me..which I also believe that may have happpened for a reason too.. I have seen what you are posting here years ago and I think you are posting no hoax or quote smoking gun. I completely believe you. Gawd I wish I still had these pictures. Thanks for this thread....even years later its giving a young girl hope.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
hello RiotComing---If this is the case then why do NASA keep releasing footage for all to see? Sorry I'm confused; are you suggesting that NASA themselves do not actually know what it is they've filmed, even after all this time with regards to the conspiracy theories floating about over the years??
edit on 30-3-2012 by dejarmaX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Here is your tether video proven to be well debunked..

That shows how things can be misunderstood..

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
This is only one category of UFO evidence -- but if careful analysis shows it's entirely bogus (which is my contention) it might tell us an awful lot of the 'mechanism of credulity' that has infected the UFO movement and which (I argue) stands in the way of recognizing and validating the core true evidence (if such a core exists) of extraordinary stimuli behind some subset of reports.

Isn't that important to determine? Or are all minds closed on this question?

100% spot on imo.... good words Jim

peace.

dej...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join