It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sighting New Zealand 2/4/9

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
As I have no proof I do not expect this thread to go far. This is merely for a record purpose in case other reports are submitted today.

For the record I had my cellphone in my hand as I'd just turned it on. It has a 1mp camera. I had no chance to record it, too fast and simply too mind blowing, astonishing, amazing to see/react to! I now understand so many people who do not record these events.. it's very easy to watch and not take your eyes off it.

Location: Saint Kentigern College, Pakuranga, Auckland, New Zealand.

Whilst at work, walking to the toilet about 10 minutes ago I saw a streak of light, a white/silver colour approximately a hand span at arms length, possibly 0.3-0.4radians in length, from left to right across the sky. Angle was about 20 to 30 degrees above the horizon. The streak then ended (clear air) and about 0.1-0.05 radians (approx 2 fingers at arms length) from the end of the streak, a grey/silver circular object appeared and did a U shaped turn (pretty much drew a U in midair) with dimensions of approx a finger width (0.05 rad or a little less). At the top right of the U it disappeared with a flash/puff as such.
This streak and U maneuver took place in less than a second!

Sky conditions are perfectly clear with a tiny puff of cloud.

Here is the current aviation weather report for anyone who can read it.

AUCKLAND (NZAA):

METAR NZAA 012300Z 16004KT 120V200 CAVOK 17/06 Q1033 NOSIG=

TAF NZAA 012259Z 0200/0224
16008KT 9999 FEW040
2000FT WIND 12010KT =

A small amount of cloud reported at 4000ft - I'd estimate the patchy cloud to be a little less than that currently.

here is the ARFOR report.

TAMAKI ARFOR (TA):

ARFOR TA VALID 2200 TO 1100 UTC
1000 11010
3000 11010
5000 12010 PS05
7000 14010 PS04
10000 16015 ZERO
FZL 10000FT
VIS 30KM.
CLD NIL SIG.
WX NIL SIG. =

30KM visibility indicates pretty good viewing conditions.

I am training to be a commerical pilot and have around 70 hours of flying experience. I can identify planes and other objects from far away and are always looking for them as I am trained to do so. It keeps me alive
I have never seen a conventional aircraft capable of this maneuver (s47 berkut/f22/etc with thrust vectoring has no chance to possibly do it), neither does any known aerobatic plane. The speeds and G forces involved with the U maneuver are simply impossible for a human to sustain.

So another unexplainable sighting to chalk up on my board... hehe.

I have my high definition handycam with a telephoto lense strapped on plus a mini tripod and ready to go in case there is any other shenanigans in the sky today.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Sounds like an amazing and very credible sighting. S & F. Thanks for sharing

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Nice, thanks for posting this. I live in Christchurch and we don't get that many UFO sightings in NZ so nice job.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
nice one, i posted a sighting of mine in christchurch a few weeks ago.
it was quite differerent from your one though.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

good stuff!

[edit on 1-4-2009 by grantbeed]

top topics

join