It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proving the Hollow Earth Theory Wrong...and Why Google Earth Should Not be Taken as a Satellite Imag

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Do we really know whether the earth is hollow or not? Here is another site of interest.

holloworbs.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

holloworbs.com...

What a bunch of nonsense.

It was centrifugal force that sculpted the Earth, and all the planets. That force was greater at the equators, so they all bulge at the equators.

No.
It was gravitational force which "sculpted" the Earth and the other planets. Gravitational force pulled all of the matter which composes the Earth into the most compact shape possible, a sphere. "Centrifugal force" (there is no such force) causes a very slight bulge (about 25 miles) at the equator. The Earth's crust is not thicker at the equator than the poles. It is thickest under continents (like Antarctica) and thinnest under the oceans.
www.antarctica.ac.uk...

The cavity of our Earth can't have a liquid interior. If it had, the tidal force exerted by the Moon would have induced the liquid interior to bust through any crust just as soon as such crust could have formed by
cooling.

No.
Tidal forces are not a direct result of gravity but of gravity gradient. Notice that high tides occur on opposite sides of the Earth at the same time. The ocean is being pulled away from the Earth on one side and the Earth is being pulled away from the Ocean on the other side. The uneven pull causes stresses but it does not cause the interior material to be pulled toward the surface. The surface is being pulled harder than the interior because it is closer to the Moon.

And it can't be full of molten lava because the Earth has a magnetic field. The magnetic fields touch the poles and the Earth serves as a conductor to close the circuit. If the inner core of the Earth had the temperatures which the Molten Core Theory stipulates that it does, then any magnetic properties would be lost as heat destroys magnetism. And it doesn't take too much heat- this point is called the Curie Point. So the existence of the Earth's magnetic field indicates that the core is not molten nor hot.

The Curie Point effect occurs when a permanent magnet is heated. This has nothing to do with the Earth's magnetic field. The Earth is not a permanent magnet. In fact, the Earth's magnetic field is thought to be produced in part by its molten core. The fluid movement of the core produces electrical currents which induce the magnetic field. The moon does not have a magnetic field. Mars does not have a planetary magnetic field. Venus has no magnetic field. Why is that? The answer is because none of them have molten cores, or if they do, they are very small.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I way I see it is why not? As I said before, IMO 'Hollow Earth' is a misnomer, honeycombed earth, would be more accurate.

Wherever we have gone underground (and we have only ever been through around 1/20 of the crust) we have found caverns and tunnels, some of them truly megalithic, enormous. I don't see a problem with the suggestion that this trend continues down into the mantle, maybe on much large scales.

Then we have the suposition that an civilization lives down there far more advanced that us. Personally, I think maybe, we have only ever got through 1/20 of the crust so we are laughably ignorant in regards to this. Although this is alot more unbelievable, I won't rule it out just because of that, it is always a possibility.

EMM

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Tad off topic but something Phage posted piqued my interest

The moon does not have a magnetic field. Mars does not have a planetary magnetic field. Venus has no magnetic field. Why is that? The answer is because none of them have molten cores, or if they do, they are very small.

So is the magnetic field vital to sustaining human life? I realize that we send people into space away from the earths magnetic field. But in a sense wouldnt they bring a magnetic field with them via electronics and equipment. Just speculating..

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join