It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansans to vote on gun ownership amendment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
"It is the law of the land today in every state. They (supporters) would like to make sure it stays that way in Kansas,” said Senate Majority Leader Derek Schmidt, an Independence Republican.

Supporters of a resolution that passed the House and Senate say the move is needed in case the U.S. Supreme Court ever decides that the Second Amendment does not protect individual gun ownership. In 2008, the court ruled that the Bill of Rights covers an individual’s right to own firearms."

Thank God my state is doing this, allthough they probably figured since everyone in Kansas has a gun by age 5 it would be best. What is sad is that we have to go through this process that was allready done by our forfathers

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

Sorry forgot the link ......

www.infowars.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Starred and flagged.

Let's hope that all the other states will see and take this approach.

[edit on 3/30/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Great stuff. Going to write my congressman tomorrow to show him this bill and ask that a similar one be presented in my state. Don't know how much good it will do but at least i can say i tried.

TheAssociate

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Thank God... I was planning on buying a gun soon, and I live in Kansas... whoo.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
You know if someone would affirm the constitution being valid ONLY for individual rights We would not have to deal with this. The damn demoncraps are collectivists thats why they don't feel bad for taking individual rights as long as it benefits the collective. Hell they have no problems making some people work 84 hours a week to support the lazy majority because once again its better for the majority. I prefer individual liberty and rights because the majority are the same people that voted in Hitler and led the Jews off to the ovens.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
It's funny how the words "democrats" and "Obama" are so frequently misspelled. It's even funnier that people get so whipped up into a frenzy that they think half of the country wants to take away the 2nd amendment and God knows what else. The Kansas vote is super great but unnecessary because the Second Amendment is IN the Constitution.

top topics

join