It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rate the movie you just watched

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by nicedreams
Just watched Machete (for the second time) wsnt expecting much on first viewing but to my pleasant surprise...loved it!
For me the most enjoyable movie of the year andthe best action movie of the year also ( in my opinion much better than the much anticipated and hyped "The Expendables").

Non stop action, blood and guts, funny (intentionally or unintentionally) and er....Michelle Rodriguez:-) (looking better than ever)

Totally agree with you, i watched it twice (and i'll propably see it again).The entire cast ROCKS(even Lindsay Lohan:lol
10/10.

"30 days of night:dark days" .I found it quiet boring.I was expecting a lot more.Lilith was amazing and i liked the idea that she didn't speak english.
6/10

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Watched "Sniper" last night. Love that movie. Saw it back in 1994, but watched it with my son last night.

It is a really, really good sniper movie. some details that you would not expect from Hollywood, too.

I give it a 10/10. But i like those kinds of movies.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Seven Days in May (1964)

www.imdb.com...

Burt Lancaster plays Gen. Scott, the Joint Chiefs of Staff chairman. His aide Col Casey (Kirk Douglas) begins to suspect his boss is involved with an attempt to overthrow the President. Very realistic and shows how such a scenario can happen. This movie is a very fast paced two hours and was directed by John Frankenheimer. A great movie for ATS members that could ring quite true today. A+

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
1."Prince of Persia" - That was one of the greatest films I have watched in a while. 10/10.

It had everything from fighting, betrayals, love, and an actual good plot.

2. "Kick-Ass" - I was disappointed when I seen it but I wasn't really expecting much to begin with. 4/10.

3. "Predator" - This was a great film. The plot was pretty good. 8/10.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Just saw Paranormal Activity 2 last night.

If you liked the first one, you'll like this one. This is one of those films that you either like it, or you hate it....so if you didn't like the first one, you won't like the sequel, as it's pretty much the same formula....

Really slow at first, to build the backstory and the tension, slowly some things happen, then all hell breaks loose.

It's a great "get my date to jump" movie though, perfect for the holiday, and there's at least one scene that will even make us guys jump (if you don't, you should probably check for a pulse...)....

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Agreed.

I give it an 8/10. I recommend it, but only if you have seen the first one.

There's several good parts in the movie. I admit, I jumped on a few of them. The scene in the kitchen with the cabinets was the main one that got me.

The part I laughed the most at though was...

SPOILER ALERT!!! SPOILER ALERT!!!

...at the very very end when the screen goes black. I don't know if this happened at the theaters where those of you who have seen it saw it, but at the one I saw it at, the screen went black and silent and the lights in the theater stayed off after the final scene. It stayed this way for about a minute. No one got up from their seats because everyone expected something to happen. Then, finally, the lights come on and the credits roll. I think (and hope) that was intentional, because if it was, it was genius and hilarious. It really makes you think something is going to happen.

edit on 10/31/2010 by PETROLCOIN because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
The Curse of Frankenstein (1957)

www.imdb.com...

Baron Victor Frankenstein (Peter Cushing) is awaiting the guillotine and tells his story to a priest. We see it in flashback as he creates what he wants to be the perfect human being, but ends up creating a monster, played by Christopher Lee. A gorier remake than the original, this one is quite well done with the production values. Cushing and Lee worked well together on this and other collaborations with Hammer. They could not do the original make up to the classic, but did a good job of making their creature scary. B

The Revenge of Frankenstein (1958)

www.imdb.com...

Did anyone here think an execution can keep the good doctor down? Well, they don't know Hammer Films as Dr Stein is back in business again, this time doing a brain transplant. He changed his name, but is still quite mad, and the usual bad results happen again. Even though the budgets were limited, these movies still managed to look well put together for the most part. Not as good as the first, but interesting to watch. C+

Frankenstein Created Women (1966)

www.imdb.com...

Nice title that is sure to catch people's attention. In this fourth movie from the series, Baron Frankenstein (Peter Cushing) is back in business, this time soul swapping. He replaces that of a dead young woman with an executed innocent man. The results are typical for this genre, but Susan Denberg is lovely to look at. Mr Cushing also plays the Baron more sympathetically in this movie. C+

Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed (1969)

www.imdb.com...

Peter Cushing is back for his fifth time, and as the title suggests gets his at the end of the movie (not really as Cushing reprised the role for Hammer one more time). For some reason, the role of the Baron is played totally evil by Cushing. He even rapes the fiance of his assistant, which was not necessary for this movie. This one has to do with brain transplants again, and ends up with the transplantee carrying the Baron into a burning mansion. The icy portrayal in this one makes it more disturbing to watch, as it actually makes one hate the Baron. C

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Taken (2008)

www.imdb.com...

Liam Neeson plays the action hero in this taut thriller. Just don't listen to the plot too much, as it is not very realistic at all. (If rich American girls were kidnapped like that for the human trafficking market, you better believe something would be done.) But aside from that, this is a well done and fast paced movie. The action scenes are quite good, and Liam stays very stoic throughout this movie. B

Watchmen (2009)

www.imdb.com...

A very different kind of superhero movie that is based on the classic graphic novel which is still considered one of the best ever written. This movie is a character study, although it does have many action scenes in it. I think many were disappointed as it was not a non-stop action movie like most comic book adaptions. Those people did not read the graphic novel this was based on. It also runs three hours, which can make some restless in the theater.
The movie takes place in 1985 and starts with the murder of the Comedian, who was a silver age type superhero at one time. We then learn about the others, both golden age and silver age and find out most have retired or stopped except for Rorschach, who is a psychotic in his own right. Dr Manhattan (the naked blue guy) has almost god like powers, and is losing touch with his humanity, while the others wonder if humankind is worth fighting for.
This is one of those movies you either love or hate, and I loved it. The job of trying to put this different and imaginative story on the screen should be applauded. We usually see the same old thing with the usual happy ending, and this movie was unpredictable to the end. Even though the heroes are not the best role models, one gets to learn about them and try to appreciate what it takes to be one. Excellent casting helps too. A

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I watched www.imdb.com... the other day, totally sucked balls.

Guys in their late 20s trying to play people in their early teens and vacuous scumbags to boot, no character depth or anything like that at all. The annoying thing is that I've seen a lot of people describe this movie with terms like "original" and "tense", but it just looks ******* *** and I was disappointed the characters didn't die more unpleasently.

This movie really sums up a lot that is wrong with modern film. The first few seconds of the trailer sum up the sort of generic crap this is...

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Recently watched "Australia" with Nichole Kidman and Hugh Jackson: 10
Just watched "The Book of Eli":8 Cool sci-fi but the ending reveals something that I'm not sure fit with the character. may have to watch it again to get a better look. I really like Denzel Washington, though. If someone else had played the part might have gotten a lower rating.
And "Robin Hood" with Russel Crowe: 10 Of course I lke the director alot too. Glad they were careful not to make it a "Gladiator II"

and to the OP: Thanks for the thread! I love talking about movies and this thread gives me some good picks from Netflix!

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by PETROLCOIN

SPOILER (for Paranormal Activity 2)........

...at the very very end when the screen goes black. I don't know if this happened at the theaters where those of you who have seen it saw it, but at the one I saw it at, the screen went black and silent and the lights in the theater stayed off after the final scene. It stayed this way for about a minute. No one got up from their seats because everyone expected something to happen. Then, finally, the lights come on and the credits roll. I think (and hope) that was intentional, because if it was, it was genius and hilarious. It really makes you think something is going to happen.

Yep, that happened to me too. It ticked some of the audience off, but I thought it was interesting....but a missed opportunity to really scare the bejesus out of us (can you imagine if an image with a loud sound would have come out right before the credits?). They'd be cleaning up these theaters a bit longer perhaps...

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
A couple of days ago I watched -The Edge- with Anthony Hopkins, Kim Basinger and Alec Baldwin and man I have to give the movie a 10.

It has everything I like... adventure, planes, scenery, good plot, beautiful women- well one anyway-,excellent musical score great actors and bart the Kodiac bear. Anthony Hopkins plays a philisophical billionaire along on a photo shoot with his beautiful wife Kim Basinger who happens to be a model. While on a side excursion their small ski plane crashes after hitting some geese and plummets Anthony, Alec and the black man into a mountainous wilderness with a Kodiak bear who would love to have them for dinner. It turns into survival from there and endures the remainder of the movie..

You can watch it on You Tube for now here is a link.

I believe this might be my favorite movie of all. Thats hard to say though, when I think about all my other favorite movies.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

Originally posted by Gazrok
Yep, that happened to me too. It ticked some of the audience off, but I thought it was interesting....but a missed opportunity to really scare the bejesus out of us (can you imagine if an image with a loud sound would have come out right before the credits?). They'd be cleaning up these theaters a bit longer perhaps...

It would have been cool for something scary to happen, but I appreciate the sense of humor they had when doing that. They knew the audience would be expecting something with the long pause, but instead it rolls to credits.

Just a little tease. It's all in good fun.

edit on 11/2/2010 by PETROLCOIN because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I saw "Mutant chronicles".I liked the idea of ancient evil being an ancient alien machine,creating the enemy of humankind out of the humans.Ironic.We are our worst enemy....
The humans will only unite against an enemy from elsewhere.Otherwise we will go on with our fightings until the end of time.And even in situations like that there will be humans that will try to exploit the weaker.
Other than the action part,i almost got dipressed with how good the movie shows the human nature.
9/10

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Can't say I was disappointed because it was pretty much what I expected: a three hour political rant. And the CGI wasn't even that great. It might have looked okay in theaters but in 1080p, it looked like your average video game. I want that three hours of my life back.

out of 10.

-TheAssoc.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

Are you serious?
I heard from all my friends they loved the movie. Political?

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Dead serious.

James Cameron, if your reading this, I want both my money and time back.

Now.

-TheAssoc.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

its a cgi ad lib of disneys pocahontas.

I saw it in 3d it was meeeeh.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Just watched Monsters which came out for on-demand cable the same day it was in the theaters. It was terrible, I wouldn't have watched it for free if I knew it was this lame. Pointless plot, no real scares, dark and jumpy camera-work and no real good looks at the 'monsters'.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I watched "Ocean Heaven" two days ago, a Chinese movie,Jet Li is the starring actor.It is a story about a father and his son with autism,really touched.

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join