It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama - We don't want outsourced jobs back????

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
The problem with the US is that there are too many people that still think like Peggy Joseph. And the woman in the OP was just beginning to realize that Obama lied to her when he said he would save and create millions of jobs. Watch as he tries to dance around the question with his lib-speak.

Poor Peggy.. I wonder how she's getting along. Just hang in there, Peggy...your $13/week will be coming along real soon now...

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR

Why is this the governments problem? Blame the people like yourself and me who buy products from companies that outsource. If you don't like it then stop giving them money and talk to people you know about doing the same.

If you don't like the call centers in India then complain to the companies and don't give them business.

But know that by doing this you will probably be paying a higher dollar for these same services and goods from people that do everything in your country or even locally. Why do you think companies like Walmart can come in and push all the little places out of business? It's not Walmart that makes them go under its the people that stop shopping at original local place of business. Why do they stop shopping there? Because of price normally and a larger available overhead of products.

Don't blame governments or really even the companies. Blame yourself and your neighbors who have created the markets to work the way they do and continue to purchase these goods.

Pardon me for having an opinion.

Do not presume to think that you know my shopping habits. Do not presume that I am an idiot and that I do not understand economics and globalisation.

res

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Don't know about where everyone else lives, but here in Sydney, chinese goods aren't so cheap anymore.

We used to have chinese shops specifically called 2 DOLLAR SHOPS on their signage.
They no longer are called or advertised as that anymore.

So what I can see happening, is because the quality goods that were made by Australians that were outsourced to China are gone, now that Chinese made goods are rising in price BUT NOT QUALITY, people are wanting to actually buy Australian products.
Unfortunately, the industries are no longer here.

So I can see us paying TOP SHELF PRICES for absolutely lousy shoddy goods.
Progress, eh......

The same analogy goes for the Indian call centres.
The service is LOUSY compared to the high standards that Australians had to abide by or GET THE SACK.

I'd say industry of all types are being pounded into the ground and white anted from the inside out.

It's going to all come to a screeching halt when people will refuse to pay the high prices that these so called cheap products are going to cost a bit further into the future.

[edit on 29-3-2009 by Flighty]

[edit on 29-3-2009 by Flighty]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

"So what we've got to do is create new jobs that can't be outsourced," Obama said.

I do not know how to take this statement.

Does he really think there is something most ppl here can do that
ppl in another country cannot do ?

Anything we do here, other ppl can do it too.

Only jobs that require a warm body present will be kept here.

All phone type jobs will be gone in time.

All manufacturing will be gone in time, most is already.

Almost all the jobs in the US are going overseas by this measure.

We will not make anything here, and we will not be taking or making
calls here given time.

Some companies are running into resistance by their customers
due to difficulty understanding the thick accents of some of the
ppl they have answering the phones.

This will fade as they get better speech classes.

If we do not protect our jobs there will not be many jobs.

I personally think it is way too late and things are already set
for the country to fall apart economically, violently, and perhaps
even contiguously, ie. secession.

What will happen in the next several months or few years will
be the end of the US as we all knew it.

Just like Gerald Celente and many others has predicted.

Prepare accordingly !

Good Luck to all the good ppl !

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Here's my take on this whole situation ...

Companies outsource jobs to lower wage countries so that they can make more profit. Even though they have to (supposedly) pay 35% taxes (according to another poster) on said income, they still want to make more money.

I can understand that a company would want to make a profit. What I don't understand is that they are willing to put their own countrymen/countrywomen out of work in order to do so.

There are plenty of ways that fair wages could be paid and costs can be controlled that wouldn't cause the prices of products to skyrocket. I also understand that a CEO has more responsability than the average secretary hence they should receive a higher salary, however, multi-million dollar salaries and their additional "bonus" money is a bit extreme. When it comes to company profits, it falls on the lower wage employee who take pay cuts (or lack of raises) so that the company can show a larger profit.

I don't honestly think it has alot to do with the cost of items in your local wal-mart. If there is a demand for an item, people will pay for it, regardless of how expensive it is. That's just the way American's are. Even if it puts them into tens of thousands of dollars of debt, if they want something they WILL get it.

The bringing back of American Jobs is only one thing that needs to happen. American people also need to change their fundemental views on consumerism. There are plenty of things wrong in America and it's not all the fault of the government.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Made me wonder why he thinks that 3 Million plus jobs outsourced aren't going to affect the economy??

This is linked to the immigration issue as well but most would probable disagree.

"What are the numbers behind this trend?

No one knows how many service jobs have been outsourced abroad, because U.S. companies are not required to maintain such statistics. And, if outsourcing leads to the creation of jobs elsewhere in the economy, as many economists argue, that is also difficult to quantify. Most estimates of U.S. jobs lost come from consulting companies or industry groups directly involved in outsourcing. Boston-based consultancy Forrester estimates that 400,000 service jobs have been lost to offshoring since 2000, with jobs leaving at a rate of 12,000 to 15,000 per month, says John McCarthy"

Source

top topics

<< 1   >>

join