It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Team In China finds missing Nuclear Scale

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
[ abc33www.abc3340.com40.com ] Beijing investigators have recovered potentially lethal radioactive material that was lost during the demolition of a cement plant in northwest China, an official said Friday. Do you think the Chinese are this stupid!
The poisioned toys and chocolate, the lethal drywall! I mean come on! Made In China never sounded so bad!

[edit on 3/28/2009 by PammyK]

[edit on 3/28/2009 by PammyK]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by PammyK

I couldn't find the story when I went to the site you gave PammyK, maybe I didn't look hard enough, there was a lot of stuff on that site. But...

We do buy a lot of products from China. If it wasn't for China things here in the USA would be a lot worse off because the prices would be much higher.

[edit on 28-3-2009 by RussianScientists]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Link to story

I found the story by scrolling to the "World Headlines" section and clicking on more and then scrolling past the boxes with the big headlines down to the small text links. Hope this helps!

The article said that it is a radioactive lead ball that belonged to a specialized nuclear scale used for making precise measurements and contains Caesium-137, a radioactive isotope.

Take care,
Cindi

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Glencairn

Thanks Glencairn, your link took me right to the site that told all about the cesium-137 ball that was missing. I can see how something like that might get lost.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Sorry I am just now learning how to link "a little." Thanks for all the help! I was surprised this story was on the back burner so to say.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Heya! It was no problem. I was awake and had the time to dig it up. The news website just had it really buried, so it was understandable why it wasn't visible at an initial glance.

Pammy, it's all good. It took me forever to figure out how to add links without messing them up and I still don't have that solid a grasp on the concept all the time. It'll get easier and you'll be linking stuff up in no time.

I was also surprised that the story was so buried. It sounded like something that could have been a really bad situation based on the article, so while it is great that it wasn't a disaster, I think it should have gotten a little bit more mention.

Take care,
Cindi

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Have the USAF found that missing nuke from the B-52, the pilots says that didn't notice them when they flew 6 of them across USA. Intercepted and found only 5 (If I'm not mistaken)? The incident occurred late last year ?

What's the latest on that incident. Was this news buried too?

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mobydog
Have the USAF found that missing nuke from the B-52, the pilots says that didn't notice them when they flew 6 of them across USA. Intercepted and found only 5 (If I'm not mistaken)? The incident occurred late last year ?

What's the latest on that incident. Was this news buried too?

I'm not sure what that has to do with this thread. Doesn't that topic have multiple threads of its own that you could ask in? Or are you implying that since no one in this thread mentioned that incident, being that it is off topic and all, that it is being condoned while the incident in China is being commented on? I didn't go looking for that topic I went looking for this one, so I have no idea how the media handled the coverage of that story. However it might have been covered, it has no bearing on this story being buried in the depths of the news website.

Take care,
Cindi

Edited for spelling

[edit on 3/29/2009 by Glencairn]

join