It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So where's the new Area 51? A possible way to find out?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
In a recent thread, someone said that their dad worked at, if memory serves, Edwards AFB and said that, while he couldn't say anything (when asked about Area 51), there was nothing at Nellis any more and all the good stuff was at Edwards.

Now, it just got me thinking. There's been quite a few statements that the good stuff's been moved away from S4/Nellis/Groom Lake/Dreamland or whatever you want to call it. This does make sense, in that the area must have got far too hot for comfort.

Equally well, there's a possibility that some of this may be disinfo - in other words, there may still be something going on at A51/S4, but just not on such an obvious level.

Now it strikes me that one way to tell if something's gonig on would be by observing the Janet flights.

So, the questions are,

• are there still Janet flights from McCarran? and
  • are there any Janet flights leaving from any other airport in the US?

Any takers?

[edit on 26-3-2009 by rich23]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Trinity site

nuff said

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
wats the trinity site??

Im sure A51 is still very active, i dont think there is a "new" one so to speak.. more of kinda how can we find out about "other" sites, but then again if i was the goverment i would stick it all underground.

or under water

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by rich23

Also check Pine Gap.

Some of it's crossed the Pacific.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Someone else mentioned something similar a few weeks back, it would make sense to move everything away from Groom Lake, and even keep the Janet flights in Operation, perhaps Area 51 now does different testing and so the farce is kept up, even expanding the border to include vantage spots, all points to everything still being there (if it ever was)

That would be the perfect way, to keep it hidden, everyone looking the other way, with the supposed technology, they wouldn't have had a problem, as long as nobody witnesses it arrive, they are clean away, to who knows where.

And all we ever get, if the word does get out , is I think I've found the new Area 51 threads, with the utube video's to go with it, but they will all be blurry and out of focus, because the new protective shield they have blurs all video footage that's taken.

Take your pick, how many bases are there. hehe

I do think it's gone also.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by rich23
In a recent thread, someone said that their dad worked at, if memory serves, Edwards AFB and said that, while he couldn't say anything (when asked about Area 51), there was nothing at Nellis any more and all the good stuff was at Edwards.

Edwards is WAY too public to have the "good stuff" at. NASA's Dryden Flight Research Center is part of Edwards, and gives tours. On top of that all the military testing that goes out there, it would be almost impossible to cover up any of the super secret projects like they do at Groom Lake.

As far as I know, the Janet flights are operating as normal.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I watched a speacial on the History channel a couple weeks ago on area 51 and they showed janet flights coming and going from the base. Also, just this week they had a special on Dulce Base if you have ever heard of it. Suppossedly there are underground bases all over the country that are connected by a massive network of underground tunnels. You can actually find pattents of a tunneling machine that can cut through bedrock like a knife to butter. Its very interesting and both of the people who supposedly came out and admitted they worked in such faculties were killed/disapeared. The only problem is that there is few testimony for such bases and seems to be kept underwrapes. If your interested at all look up Philip Shnider on You Tube as he tried to release what he knew but was killed after many attempted assassinations.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Pine Gap's been going since the early seventies, if not before: the main reason Kissinger and the CIA (James Jesus Angleton) got rid of Gough Whitlam was that the lease agreement was coming up for review under his premiership and he was going to kick out the Yanks.

So they got ASIC to set up a few scandals to destabilise the government. Whitlam got wind of it, and was going to read out a list of CIA-suborned Aussie MPs in the House on the Monday: the CIA puppet governor-general got rid of him over the weekend so it wouldn't happen.

So, Pine Gap's hardly the "new" A51,

Edit to add...

While it does fulfil the requirement of remoteness, it is outside CONUS. There have been reports of, for example, fireballs and stuff around for years but the references I've read up to now were talking about scalar weaponry as being the cause.

SO, thanks to what we have so far a list of attributes might be:

• within the continental US
  • sufficiently remote to allow testing
  • sufficiently close to allow commuting via Janet flights.

And of course it's occurred to me that the Janet flights might be taking off from McCarran but no longer going to Groom Lake.

Don't see any way of verifying that little piece of speculation, though.

[edit on 26-3-2009 by rich23]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Edwards is WAY too public to have the "good stuff" at.

Nonetheless, it is one of the three main sites that come up again and again in whistleblower gossip: Nellis, Wright-Patterson (which someone from SAC I spoke to said was called Area 52) and Edwards.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by rich23

That's because of Edwards' history. A LOT of the Air Force's new platforms tested there at some point. Add to that TONS of NASA testbeds that flew there..... Just about every NASA project flew from Dryden, including the SR-71s when they had them.

I just don't see ANY way that they're going to be flying super secret black projects out of EITHER Wright-Patterson or Edwards. They both offer public tours to certain parts of the base. They have thousands of people a DAY that go through there. It would be too easy for someone to see something.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Trinity site
en.wikipedia.org...
Remember the Taos hum?
en.wikipedia.org...

Hmmmm

I know a guy, yeah I know take it with a helping of salt, who used to live in Mesquite NM and he said he used to see all kinds of wierd stuff out there by the old base. He seems to think "area 51" is just a supply bunker. I don't have any back up for any of this so have some salt.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Well, you are the second person to make the suggestion.

Thanks for the salt... I've done a search and really can't find anything to corroborate it. The Wiki site has a funny line at the end...

The site is still a popular destination for those interested in atomic tourism, though it is only open to the public twice a year during open houses, on the first Saturdays of April and October, because it is generally very hot on the Jornada del Muerto during the summer months.

So although Wiki seems to think the worst thing that could happen is a nasty sunburn, most other people seem to agree the place is still pretty radioactive, which would probably rule it out as a place to spend your working day. I mean, who wants to end up like John Wayne and 90 other people from the cast of The Conqueror?

Of course, it doesn't rule the place out as somewhere that UFOs might be seen - it might even make it more likely.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by rich23]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Then again, I could easily be underground and, therefore, unradioactive.

When it comes to these things it's almost always speculation so all possiblities are possible.

I'm inclined to agree though, it's PROBABLY nothing.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
You are the second person to mention it in the thread, though. I wonder why? Was it something you heard from elsewhere or an idea you had on your own?

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I heard it from a guy who used to live about 5 miles away from the place.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Do you people think the US might have a base in Australia?

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a massive secret base right dead center in the middle of it because there's nothing out there at all. Perfect place for some underground secret project. Just a though.

Aborigines and locals have reported seeing UFOS in the Northern Territory.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by nasacarl
Do you people think the US might have a base in Australia?

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a massive secret base right dead center in the middle of it because there's nothing out there at all. Perfect place for some underground secret project. Just a though.

Aborigines and locals have reported seeing UFOS in the Northern Territory.

Isnt chances greater that a massive secret base in Australia is sort of... Australian?

I think there would be a huge problem with logistics and such if the US tried to have a base anywhere other than the US. Plus you'd think it was easier to put it in like Canada or something. Nobody would look for a secret military base in that weird place.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by merka
Isnt chances greater that a massive secret base in Australia is sort of... Australian?

I think there would be a huge problem with logistics and such if the US tried to have a base anywhere other than the US. Plus you'd think it was easier to put it in like Canada or something. Nobody would look for a secret military base in that weird place.

Denying ignorance once again...

Go and find out about Pine Gap. You might start by reviewing my reference to it in the posts above.

The CIA deposed Australian Prime Minister Gough Whitlam because he was going to kick the US out when the lease came up for renewal during his term.

The film The Falcon and the Snowman was based on fall-out from this case.

I haven't provided any links because you two need to find out for yourselves how to do some research.

new topics

top topics

join