It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Blocks access to YOU TUBE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   

China Blocks access to YOU TUBE

news.ninemsn.com.au

"YouTube has been blocked in China since yesterday," company spokesman Scott Rubin said on Tuesday.

"We do not know the reason for the blockage, and we're working as quickly as possible to restore access to our users in China."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I remember seeing a news story where Chinese students were shown footage of Tianamen Square massacre and the defiant student taking on the tank. They were amazing freedom fighters who are forgotten by their own people. The students thought they were watching a movie, not a real event, and it only happend about 20 years ago. Its a expample of what Government control can do.

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Of course it has been blocked. Didn't Rockerfella grandfather say that "The internet is Number 1 threat" to nation. What a lie. China is just trying to keep information from being disseminated to keep people controlled and ignorant which definitely a SIN.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   

I am in China right now (have been for some years) and I can confirm it's blocked since Monday at least for me. They already blocked it for 3 days around March 10, as expected due to the anniversary of last years riots in Tibet.

I read somewhere that they locked it due to some footage of a recent protest in a monastery with strong police reaction against monks. I'll see if I can find the link again.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRoboZ

I am in China right now (have been for some years) and I can confirm it's blocked since Monday at least for me. They already blocked it for 3 days around March 10, as expected due to the anniversary of last years riots in Tibet.

I read somewhere that they locked it due to some footage of a recent protest in a monastery with strong police reaction against monks. I'll see if I can find the link again.

Is there any way you can get in?
Do you bounce your IP?

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
try going thru www.hidemyass.com

I use that website here when my internet company has an adress blocked

[edit on 25-3-2009 by aNdReSk]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I just got home and it's working using the anonimizers at

anonymizer.nntime.com...

with some trial and error selecting another country.

For ATS access, in case somebody is wondering, there's never been any problem from China in 4 years.

I tried hidemyass.com but the website is not reachable from here.

[edit on 25-3-2009 by theRoboZ]

Looks like this is the reason for the lockdown:

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 25-3-2009 by theRoboZ]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
They can get around it there is plenty of software for it.
The Chinese commie government are losers.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Any Chinese with half a brain knows there are literally 100's and 100's of proxies to bypass National Government filtering.

The Chinese government can block and block to their heart's content, but all they'll be blocking is their own false sense of security.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
The following are the reasons:

and also because of Tibet:

And here:

Also because of the shooting of Nuns and fleeing refugees in Nanghpa pass

They are unable to hide the truth that is shown.

The continued Genocide of the Tibetans and inhuman actions to there own people to.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
you know you tube is censored in the UK? music video`s are blocked as are certain news stories allready.

so not just `commie china`

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Thanks for posting coexist.
Some of that footage is kinda rough. I havent seen anyof this on our mainstream media, So we can say we have velvet handcuffs censoring us. Theyre just doing it different way.

[edit on 25-3-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Maybe they aren't as worried about what people are watching on youtube more more what people could be uploading from china to youtube.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR
Maybe they aren't as worried about what people are watching on youtube more more what people could be uploading from china to youtube.

Never thought of that.
Its probably both restriciting access to outside and restricting human rights violations internally from being promoted. This really does remind me of that Rockefeller thread; the internet is dangerous.
Zazz

new topics

top topics

join