It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meg Whitman to run for Governor California!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
How could she succeed where Arnold has failed?
California is going down the tubes.
Anyone see a solution for California?
If we turn around California , California will lead the nation out
of this recession!
The democrats keep raising taxes.
Businesses are running out of the state.
The unemployment rate is 10% and rising!

[edit on 22-3-2009 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I believe that your discussion would be more fecund if you were to provide some background on this person, Meg Whitman, unless you intend to speak only to those who happen to know who she is already.

How about a Wikipedia link?

en.wikipedia.org...

A link to her website?

www.megwhitman.com...

A news article or two?

/3rm6qh

/dx3ehn

[edit on 2009/3/23 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
These things to do to MAYBE turn the California economy around in my opinion.

One, come clean about the real state budget, the one where they are in the black, as opposed to the one they are presenting in the press showing them to be heavily in the red.

Two, put a moratorium on housing/business building foreclosures. This does not mean to let the buyers off the hook, but killing communities and taking people's stuff to reduce debts owed in most cases, causes more financial harm than it solves.

Three, repudiate the farm standards bill until a sane alternate bill passes.

Four, offer tax relief to those farms and agricorps who are willing to hire/train people to engage in labor intensive agriculture.

Five, keep the whats left of Silicon Valley employed and maintaining their skills, even if it's make work that isn't needed until such as the dollar crash makes US labor competitive again.

Six, in the near desert regions of the state offer loans to those willing to buy land and build solar farms on them.

Seven, do the same thing for building sea water purification plants on the coasts near farming regions.

Eight, organize a free four year curriculum to be taught in any college covering job skills most likely to be needed according to

Nine, get a panel of doctors, alternative practitioners, ex insurance workers, ex lawyers, and accountants to take a long, hard, educated look at what might actually create a functional medical care system

Ten, hold online referendums at specific times to cover other issues that are causing problems, and arrange for libraries and cybercafes to freely used for those referendums for anyone who walks in.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

The voice of reason speaks out once again.

Who is Meg Whitman, what does she stand for, etc.?

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
From watching the news lately will be her and about 200 others,we always get freaks from all walks of life,so this is hardly news

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Wow!
It looks like you've been thinking about this.
I don't think there will be real change until the california unemployment
rate hits 20%.
Then and only then will the Democrats say "We may have
to stop what we are doing. It's NOT working!"

[edit on 23-3-2009 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Whitman hired an illegal alien KNOWING she was not supposed to be here - now they are parading her around. Why is the undocumented worker (who later falsified documents) still in this country, and why is Whitman not in jail?

Obvious answer is money.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
That's great news! Isn't she a BILLIONAIRE? Now ask yourself, if I had all that money why the f$ck would I run for govenor? Why wouldn't I take like....the rest of my life off? I'd have my stable girl, (yes I'd have a stable girl and she'd be very hot!) saddle up my $40,000 horse and go for a ride on my estate. Why do these rich bastards run for office? Because they want POWER! They're not there to look after the little peon's! Wake the hell up will you people!! All you elect is millionaires and billionairs! AND they don't give a rat's arse about you!

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by I.C. Weiner

Wow, what a complete fabrication. The illegal alien was hired via an agency after providing the future Governor with a forged SS card, forged I-9, and verification from the agency who said she was legal. Upon the future Governor's discovery she was illegal, she was fired. Of course, when you answer a post that makes the astute observation that Whitman is running for Governor three weeks from the election with such amazement, I don't expect you to know all this. Here are some other things I've picked up on lately. Christmas this year is scheduled for December 25th. That's at least the 100th year in a row it's been on the same day. There is talk we're headed for a recession. We recently withdrew from Viet Nam. There is talk of a new technology called High Definition television. My bet for best picture this year? Back to the Future. And the VHS-Betamax controversy rages on.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
The rest of your post was complete crap, so I'll quote only this:

Originally posted by astrogolf
reply to post by I.C. Weiner

Wow, what a complete fabrication. The illegal alien was hired via an agency after providing the future Governor with a forged SS card, forged I-9, and verification from the agency who said she was legal. Upon the future Governor's discovery she was illegal, she was fired.

So she was fired after 9yrs of working using forged docs right? If the agency provided them, are they under investigation? Why is the ILLEGAL housekeeper still in this country?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Meg Whitman is a statist banker scum bag.

Formerly of Goldman Sach's bailout fame, she has made hundreds of millions by raping stock holders throughout her career.

She is an evil woman.

Anyone would be better than the fascist Meg Whitman.

Anyone.

new topics

top topics

join