It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope urges Angolans to convert; stampede kills 2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Pope urges Angolans to convert; stampede kills 2

www.comcast.net

LUANDA, Angola — Tens of thousands of Angola's Catholics lined the streets of the capital Saturday for a blessing from Pope Benedict XVI, who urged the country's faithful to reach out and convert people who believe in witchcraft.

But a stampede at a stadium before one of the pope's speeches left two people dead and others injured.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Wow, I think this is the first part of the tour also. I'm sure this fits into some Nostradamus thing or something

Sad day for the lives that were lost just trying to catch a glimpse of the pope. Hopefully they won't have this happen at any more stops or I would think they should call this tour off before any more needless deaths happened.

www.comcast.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

People riot at sports events. Should they cancel a season because of a riot?

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

www.toytowngermany.com...

Looks like they canceled 60 games in 2007 because of riots for just soccer alone.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   

It seems the Pope could have learned a few things from Rock & Roll bands in regards to festival seating!

It's really very sad that there was not better crowd control in this situation.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Wow a whole week without soccer.

You said they should cancel the whole tour. I asked if they should cancel a whole season for the same thing.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I think if this happens repeatedly because they cant get security and crowd control in place then yes they should cancel his whole tour and if it was a sporting event that had people die at each game they would be shut down also.

I think they can be held liable for the deaths because of negligence in setting up for it correctly. Give them a pass for 2 deaths the first time but if it continues that's on them.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Thats not what you said though.

You said you think they should cancel the rest of his tour because of this.

Now you feel that these deaths are on the Pope and if it continues he should be held reliable.

I get the feeling that you just don't like the fact that the Pope is doing a tour.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Ahhh Ratzinger...

Your calming words just put everyone at ease. How could this happen at one of his speeches?

CONVERT!

Stop using condoms!

Islam is spread by the sword!

Modern communication devices are undermining Catholics everywhere!

Only marriage can prevent the spread of AIDS!

I mean it's not like he's known for making firebrand statements to incite inter-religious hostilities.

This man is the absolute worst representative, short of Hitler (who was born a Catholic), they could have for Catholicism.

[edit on 22/3/09 by The Godfather of Conspira]

new topics

top topics

join