It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gadsden flag=militia member?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I have been watching too much TV and reading ATS too much.

Right now, I'm flying my Gadsden flag out back. I have BEEN flying it for over a year. Occasionally, I fly an old CSA flag... I must be a militia member!

That's according to MIAC: smargus.com...

So, in contrast, if I were to fly the similar First Navy Jack... Would that mean I would be suspected of being a US Naval vessel engaged in the War on Terror?

www.navyjack.info...

Just playing a bit of devil's advocate here.

Have a fine day!

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Yeah some of the retarded notions the MIAC put out sound like utter horse crap to me. First got hipped to this piece of intel while listening to ye old Survivalist Podcast the other night and the host did a pretty good job of summing up how I feel about this with a lot less profanity than I would have used. Perhaps there needs to be an investigation into the MIAC in terms of where they gather their intel because some of their statements sound like they could have been copied verbatim from ATS or any similar site; it did at least get a chuckle out of me to see them briefly talk about the NWO and FEMA concentration camps, hope the author of the document doesn't want a nice cushy federal job later on in life.

[edit on 3/21/2009 by Helig]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by cbianchi513

As a former LEO I can tell you that the are selling fear to guys on the Job.

What I consider TPTB are conditioning the Cops to think that all Patriots and conspiracy minded folks are out to kill them and start a civil war.

You can expect some false flag attacks against American Law Enforcement Officers if the economy gets any worse.

The sad part is that a lot of Cops will fall for it and take it out of freedom loving Americans which in turn will lead to an even further degradation in the relationship between the Police and the public.

We are all being set up.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by samhouston1886

Considering the recently retired chief of my township is my nextdoor neighbor, on VERY friendly terms... I'm fairly certain that I won't be taken seriously if I were to turn up on a watchlist. It's pretty obvious where my personal loyalties and alignments lie. My situation is pretty unique though.

I agree that a false flag involving LEO's is a distinct possibility to raise public ire, but I feel it will be the cops that are made to be the patsies this time. The likely intent would be to polarize the "masses" of militia, effectively exposing themselves to TPTB.

I am prior service, never on the Job... But I know many that are. Around here at least, the sentiment is pretty similar to yours it seems... Good comments...

My main intent with this thread though, is to point out the fallacy of the MIAC's painting of a truly patriotic symbol as an extremist red flag so to speak. All the while, the DoD requires all warships engaged in the WoT to fly a derivative of this very flag.

Just pointing out the standard consistancy and fact-checking prowess in our vaunted Federal system.

Good job, Missou! (sarcasm, if it wasn't that obvious)

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Yes I do think it could also turn out that way as well.

I find that once people understand the concept of a false flag it really puts things into perspective especially since so many have been documented and are part of historical record.

LEOS who don't know about it seem to understand it pretty well once they are given a rundown.

People give them crap about being dumb but they certainly have a knack for being able to tell if you are lying and they also use this skill to tell when someone is being honest and sincere, we should all use this to our advantage and simply tell them the truth.

I think there are many of us who wont do as bad as most simply because we know something is in the works.

My best advice is for all parties concerned to exercise common sense when dealing with LEO'S and say a sincere hello every now and then to remind them who they are supposed to be out there protecting.

I will close with this, if the PTB think Officer Smith or Private Jones is going to follow illegal orders when his or her Mom, Dad, Aunts, Brothers, Sisters, Uncles, Cousins, Girlfriends, Boyfriends, Lovers, Neighbors, Cat, Dog, and anyone or anything they care about is subject to the horrors that TPTB want to impose, they have another thing coming.....

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by samhouston1886

Out of curiousity... I have not read the MIAC report in its entirity... I have heard that this flag is also among the "signs" that the owner may be potentially a domestic threat:

www.uscivilflags.org...

Anybody seen anything to confirm or disconfirm?

Thanks

[edit on 22/3/09 by cbianchi513]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by cbianchi513

I think its filtering out that "when in doubt check it out"

Cops understand the concept of what flying a flag means.
This is largely in part because gang members use this concept as well.

I am not saying those who fly historical and often patriotic flags are gang members rather that gang member also "fly flags"

top topics

join