It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hersh: 'Executive assassination ring' reported directly to Cheney

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+63 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Wow........... They guy says we went into other countries and assassinated people then left and they answered and reported to Cheney!

This is a bombshell........ it is said he accidently let this slipped............

source:rawstory.com...

Investigative reporter Seymour Hersh dropped a bombshell on Tuesday when he told an audience at the University of Minnesota that the military was running an "executive assassination ring" throughout the Bush years which reported directly to former Vice President Dick Cheney.

The remark came out seemingly inadvertently when Hersh was asked by the moderator of a public discussion of "America's Constitutional Crisis" whether abuses of executive power, like those which occurred under Richard Nixon, continue to this day.

Hersh replied, "After 9/11, I haven’t written about this yet, but the Central Intelligence Agency was very deeply involved in domestic activities against people they thought to be enemies of the state. Without any legal authority for it. They haven’t been called on it yet."

Hersh then went on to describe a second area of extra-legal operations: the Joint Special Operations Command. "It is a special wing of our special operations community that is set up independently," he explained. "They do not report to anybody, except in the Bush-Cheney days, they reported directly to the Cheney office. ... Congress has no oversight of it."

"It’s an executive assassination ring essentially, and it’s been going on and on and on," Hersh stated. "Under President Bush’s authority, they’ve been going into countries, not talking to the ambassador or the CIA station chief, and finding people on a list and executing them and leaving. That’s been going on, in the name of all of us."

Now I wonder if people are going to come out and deny this....... or will they not say a word?

Cheney and Bush, think they are above the law anyway.

It does not surprise me, they had people murdered "who were "not their friends".

[edit on 11-3-2009 by questioningall]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
This is a GREAT find! Star for you, my friend!

Let's keep these crooks honest!

O-315

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
star and flag.

I think we all knew it but it is remarkable that someone admit it.

great find.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
what if they were actually knocking off 'bad' guys though? This still needs to be looked into more before anything can be absolute. I am leaning more to the side that says they were dropping people who got in their way, or could have held evidence to crimes the administration committed. Wasn't their a few important people who died in airplane crashes and other 'accidents' during the bush admin. hopefully someone could connect the dots or debunk this. And what about the gunmen in the Mumbai terror attacks?

Good info QUESTIONINGALL, a lot could come from this.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Wow, absolutely unbelievable. Bush-Cheney operating behind Congress and the CIA's back.....
Unfortunately, I am not even surprised.
Great find S&F for you

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Hmmmmmmm................I wonder who the Kennedy Castro Assasination Ring reported to in the early 1960's? Oh, wait, I already told myself the answer.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Hmmmmmmm................I wonder who the Kennedy Castro Assasination Ring reported to in the early 1960's? Oh, wait, I already told myself the answer.

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
Wow........... They guy says we went into other countries and assassinated people then left and they answered and reported to Cheney!

You know, I was just remarking to my son the other day that a very few well targeted bullets could fix much of what's wrong in the world, today. Not my general style, but it could sure fix some rocket attacks and take out some legitimately crazy people...warlords running failed states, pirates, narco-criminals....large scale bad guys.

So this begs the question...if the Mugabes, the Kim Il-sungs, and the bomb-makers are still running around, just who was Cheney liquidating?

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Considering the state of the world, I think its pretty clear that they weren't assassinating the bad guys. Probably the thinkers and the most progressive and therefore dangerous to their nazi plans.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by patent98310

BUSH & CHENEY were the bad guys.

Always consider, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

AAC

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

So this begs the question...if the Mugabes, the Kim Il-sungs, and the bomb-makers are still running around, just who was Cheney liquidating?

I would suppose he was after the people that were after those guys. Take the bad guys out of power and there is a no need for much miltary spending.

Just for the rscord though I love Dick Cheney!

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

He definitely did NOT have them go after "bad guys" - it was anyone of other countries - I would bet, who were not going along with Bush and Cheney's plans and ideas.

That administration was pure evil..........

I wonder if any MSM's will pick this story up???

I won't hold my breath for that.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
is this out of the movies?
what is going on with the world?
is it more everything? maybe i am just noticing this more and makes it seems worse...
maybe we are too close to the sun now, or too much radiation

oh, and i made this up for a lark
terrorist headquarters revealed
/djqq7n

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
My mind screams."Mysterious microbiologist deaths!"The part about Mr Dick being the one calling the shots(Heart attacks,suicidings,auto crashes,etc)sure rings true.May he have a long life.In the can.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
You know, with all the talk of the Bush admin implementing martial law, etc, etc, what if it was actually planed to happen, but they simply just failed? Like the higher ups told them what they needed to do, but Bush and Cheney could not produce.

Perhaps these leaks and accusations are made from special agents, to put them in prison and tarnish their image as punishment for failing?

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
It's a pretty safe bet that every government in the world has assassination teams working for them.

Assassinations have been going on for as long as there have been politics.

Obama will have teams like this just as every administration before him has.

What's news here is seeing it come to the light of day. That usually doesn't happen.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Joe1378

I agree, I really think they meant to put martial law in place....... especially with all the executive orders he signed etc.

They just could not find a "good enough" excuse........ plus they couldn't let another "terrorist" attack happen........ while he was Pres......

I think other plans and schemes did not work out as they had planned.

I have no doubt that Bush and Cheney, saw themselves as dictators.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I wish they would investigate the death of Sen. Paul Wellstone of Minnesota. I have always felt that Cheney was behind Wellstone's plane falling out of the sky.

'Karl Rove's IT guru' Mike Connell dies in plane crash

Did Cheney order Wellstone assinated ?

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

I wonder if any MSM's will pick this story up???

I won't hold my breath for that.

Saw a clip on MSNBC at around 8:20 PM. Was actually reading this thread when it came on, but dinner called. Just caught the tail end of it so can't give an accurate word for word. The sub title on the screen read "assasination squads" or similar. Sorry I am so lame, but it did hit at least one network.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

reply to post by Joe1378

I agree, I really think they meant to put martial law in place....... especially with all the executive orders he signed etc.

They just could not find a "good enough" excuse........ plus they couldn't let another "terrorist" attack happen........ while he was Pres......

I think other plans and schemes did not work out as they had planned.

I have no doubt that Bush and Cheney, saw themselves as dictators.

Makes you wonder if that excuse will happen during this administration?
Not to mention if Cheney is still ordering such things?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join