It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Slain US Nazi hated Obama, had parts for 'dirty bomb'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by shokk

You need to tell that to the Skinhead Gangs on the West Coast. They are all White and make not secret of their hatred of all other races. Perhaps you are not in the United States and are not aware of what Skinheads profess here??? Scum of the earth.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

"Also found was literature on how to build 'dirty bombs' and information about cesium-137, strontium-90 and cobalt-60, radioactive materials," said the Bangor Daily. "The FBI report also stated there was evidence linking James Cummings to white supremacist groups. This would seem to confirm observations by local tradesmen who worked at the Cummings home that he was an ardent admirer of Adolf Hitler and had a collection of Nazi memorabilia around the house, including a prominently displayed flag with swastika. Cummings claimed to have pieces of Hitler’s personal silverware and place settings, painter Mike Robbins said a few days after the shooting."

All I can say is thank-you to his Wife.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
This guy was living off a mere $10 million a year? I'm surprised he found purpose in violence. You can do a lot of violence with that kind of income.

But if he wanted to hurt people, he could afford much better than a home-made dirty bomb.

Sounds to me like he wasn't very bright; or was less than an 'original thinker.'

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by shokk

You clearly live somewhere where skinhead has a totally different meaning.

Here, skinhead is a term referring to the racist Neo Nazis, often with swastika tattoos and as the name implies, shaved heads.

Real hate filled group of people.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
reply to post by shokk

You clearly live somewhere where skinhead has a totally different meaning.

Here, skinhead is a term referring to the racist Neo Nazis, often with swastika tattoos and as the name implies, shaved heads.

Real hate filled group of people.

I do live on the united states west coast. and I agree, to an extent, they are scum.. thats a good label.. But they are claiming to be something they are not.

Google TRADITIONAL SKINHEAD, or s.h.a.r.p.s(skinheads agents racial prejudice )

Back in the day you saw a bald knot in boots and braces and they only thing you thaught was" Lucky guy has a job."

In a nutshell that whole national front thing over in England kinda killed the scene.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
This is weird, I was looking at houses for sale in NH last week and we found a place squatters had stayed in with axe holes everywhere. KKK and N**** spray painted on the walls, violent situation, apparently they had so many people in this place at once that 2 cops went in, left to get back up days later. All the skin heads were gone. Very creepy feeling to the house too.

I hope they dont spring up all over and undermine all of the good work the political opposers are trying to make. Civil war is absolutely the last thing we need, a food shortage would be better than civil war, far less violent. Rioting maybe, but that wouldnt consist of cross fire from assault weapons everywhere.

Awful times we live in. But strangely interesting....

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

"Conservatives apparently didn't want to draw attention to a radioactive, wealthy version of Timothy McVeigh coming from their own sphere, although nearly every day during Bush's reign saw "dirty bombs" hyped as the ultimate threat,"

I love it how a millionare lunatic that hates everybody is now a "conservative"

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Just where did he gat the uranium? I know a place that sells scientific-grade radioactive isotopes, but they would never sell quantities needed to make a 'dirty bomb.'

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
Sadly, I think we'll see a lot of this kind of thing.

When you have a celebrity like Chuck Norris proudly announcing that there are thousands of far-right terrorist cells working to depose the elected leadership of the country, we're in deep doo-doo...

Dont make the mistake of lumping Chuck Norris in with white supremacy groups. Chuck Norris is saying the same thing our founding fathers said when this country was created. I believe by his statements that he has the best interests of the country in mind, and is a patriot.

NOW, if you want to talk about Chuck Norris, there is a thread for that.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

Your information is not correct. A bomb laced with large amounts of strontium-90(of which there is plenty floating around out there) highly enriched uranium, or spent nuclear fuel from a nuclear power plant could be devastating. Most of the missing material comes from soviet reactors but for you to state they are nothing to be concerened about except for the ill actions of the public is highly misleading. Before posting information on a subject that could mean life and death, make sure you have your information correct. A truck bomb, for example, with 220 kilograms of explosive and 50 kilograms of spent fuel rods could produce a lethal dosage zone with a radius of about one kilometer. Detonating such a device in an urban area with a large, unsheltered population might contaminate thousands of people or more. Contamination meaning kill or sicken.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by its bologna

I would say a small group of people using arms, dirty bombs and such to try to depose our government would be rightly called a "Domestic Terror Cell".
It is one thing to dissent, and a whole other to be planning overthrow of the government or harm to your fellow citizen for any political agenda.

Wow. just.... Wow. With the exception of the "dirty bomb" hysteria, you just defined the folks that set the U.S. up 200 plus years ago as "domestic terrorists". You class them with neonazi nutcases? S'ok, the redcoats did too.

At least you aren't afraid to define your politics. I gotta give you props for that.

nenothtu out

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
About the dirty bomb, it could be a nuisance or it could be really bad. It just depends on how its made and what its made with. Technically couldn't a bomb that blows up a bunch of smoke detectors and microwave ovens be considered a radioactive dirty bomb?

About skinheads, the poster who says not all skinheads are racist nazis is absolutely correct. Their stereotype is ska and reggae music lovers. The Specials, Bad Manners, etc. A great bunch of people that enjoy life as it is.

About the NWO clampdown, yes it's a huge danger in our society in which the military industrial complex has bled into the police state and every crime tightens the yoke on us all just a little bit more. The war on drugs and the war on terror have similar roots and players and I think a lot of it is manufactured. nuff said

About his wife, yes apparently she is a hero.

About some of the 911 hijackers coming through Maine, yes some did and there is probably some connections somewhere in the state that could be made if one took the time to dig. A lot of the state is rural and there aren't CCTV cameras everywhere. I don't know why the slain guy came to Maine other than where he was was an hour from I-95 and like I said, 3 hours from Boston and 5 hours to NYC with Providence RI and all of Connecticut in between.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by its bologna

I would say a small group of people using arms, dirty bombs and such to try to depose our government would be rightly called a "Domestic Terror Cell".
It is one thing to dissent, and a whole other to be planning overthrow of the government or harm to your fellow citizen for any political agenda.

Wow. just.... Wow. With the exception of the "dirty bomb" hysteria, you just defined the folks that set the U.S. up 200 plus years ago as "domestic terrorists". You class them with neonazi nutcases? S'ok, the redcoats did too.

At least you aren't afraid to define your politics. I gotta give you props for that.

nenothtu out

Um, Nazis were not yet formed in 1776 (unless they really did time travel). I guess it depends what you base your identity on. Back then it was were you still British with allegiance to the crown or were you going to join in and start a new country free from tyranny (
). Good one I know.

OT:
I still have to wonder where in the hell was all of this anger while Bush was in office?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by treemanx

Originally posted by xmotex
Sadly, I think we'll see a lot of this kind of thing.

When you have a celebrity like Chuck Norris proudly announcing that there are thousands of far-right terrorist cells working to depose the elected leadership of the country, we're in deep doo-doo...

Dont make the mistake of lumping Chuck Norris in with white supremacy groups. Chuck Norris is saying the same thing our founding fathers said when this country was created. I believe by his statements that he has the best interests of the country in mind, and is a patriot.

NOW, if you want to talk about Chuck Norris, there is a thread for that.

This is a prime example of how this sort of thing grows until it becomes a monster.

Originally, Chuck Norris mentioned about how thousands of folks would be tuning in to a tv show this friday. That's all.

By the time it got to ATS, the headline was "Chuck Norris claims thousands of right wing cell groups exist and will rebel against U.S. government"

Now it has morphed into "Chuck Norris proudly announcing that there are thousands of far-right terrorist cells working to depose the elected leadership of the country". Note how it is now "FAR-right terrorists", not even plain old run of the mill terrorists, but FAR-RIGHT terrorists.

And so it begins. The war comes, not because people want to fight, but because their opponents will tar and feather them, back them into a corner, and give them no options BUT to fight.

The problem seems to be that the left is under the impression that they have the right on the run, and are determined to press their "advantage" and force a fight. Never a good idea to underestimate your "enemy", and not a good idea to polarize yourselves to the point that folks are so against what they perceive the opposition to be, that they loose sight of their REAL enemies.

I'll leave with just a couple more thoughts:

Divide and conquer.

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

And of course there's always my signature

nenothtu out

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I'd rather have a Nazi hate me then like me. Because if he likes me then people might think I'm associated with him or evil.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

It doesn't surprise me something like this was going on, as soon as Obama became the Democratic front man I began to fear some wild ignorant racist might attempt to assassinate him, luckily this man was stopped before he could do any damage.

The problem with the anti-government sentiment these days is with all the disinformation people don't know who to direct that resentment at. A lot of citizens seem to think Congressman and the President are actually the ones making the calls and our shadowy super-wealthy Global Elite have done their best to keep the puppet-show interesting and keep ignorant minds focused on the Wizard and not the man behind the curtain. So all these factions Chuck Norris and others are talking about won't do one bit of good, because some think the Obama administration is to blame, some think Bush was to blame, some think, etc etc

So even if Civil War were to arise most of them would be entirely DIVIDED, and that's what the media wants, that's the whole plan of the PTB, division! They don't want us to focus on our common humanity and inalienable rights, they want us arguing over fringe issues, divided by religion, politics, etc. So if any of these groups get violent the PTB and the Govt will have no problem snuffing them out, and even if one of them did manage to take over the American puppet-show of a government they would have no real authority, because the real rulers of this country would still be in place, they would just have a few new puppets to toy with...

The only way a revolution can succeed is if it is a revolution of KNOWLEDGE and a UNIFIED one at that. That is what we need, a peaceful revolution, but cutting through the endless media, cutting through the years of programming telling us to be DIVIDED, is a difficult task, and the staggeringly high rate of ignorance and stupidity I've witnessed here in the USA might easily crush the efforts of the knowledgeable patriots attempting to salvage this nation and free it from the strings that bind.

[edit on 10-3-2009 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   

I apologize for not making myself clear. The part about the neonazis was from me, not Mr. Bologna. The British DID define the continentals as "rebels" and "traitors", which in modern usage tends to devolve into "terrorists". I was attempting to draw a parallel, and not very well apparently. Nowadays "terrorist" tends to be a catchall for the opposition viewpoint, and ALL those opposition viewpoints tend to get lumped together, whether they are in agreement with one another or not.

He did, however, define armed opposition to the current government as "terrorist", and if that doesn't describe the Continental army, what does?

nenothtu out

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

According to the FBI report, Cummings had four lots of one gallon containers of bomb-grade hydrogen peroxide, uranium, thorium (also radioactive), lithium metal, thermite, aluminum powder, beryllium (radiation booster), boron, black iron oxide and magnesium ribbon.

Haha, it's funny how the FBI specifically listed "bomb-grade" hydrogen peroxide. What kind of H202 are we talking about here? I've never heard of "bomb-grade" H202. Probably merely 30% grade H2O2. It's not too tough to obtain, and has many uses.

Thermite, aluminum powder, iron oxide, and magnesium ribbon seem to fit together in their own category. I'm sure he made thermite by just mixing aluminum powder and iron oxide. The magnesium ribbon is for lighting this mixture. Again this isn't too dangerous, and shouldn't be feared.

Now we get to some of the more exotic metals: uranium, thorium, beryllium, lithium, and boron. These metals are somewhat interesting. How pure was the uranium? Was it merely pitchblende (uranium ore) or purified uranium metal? How much did he have? Uranium & its salts have uses outside of nuclear weapons. They are used to make a lovely green glow in the dark glass. You can obtain this stuff if you're into glazing and glass blowing.

What about thorium? Was it in ore form, purified metal, or merely old lantern mantels? How much did he have? Thorium is actually decently rare, and tough to come by in any large quantities. So a large amount of this metal does lead credence to the original story.

Beryllium does find uses in this specific application. I don't know of too many uses for beryllium in home chemistry or OTC applications.

Lithium is dangerous in its own right, and reacts quite violently in many situations. This shouldn't be feared if handled by appropriate personal, or those knowledgeable in chemistry. This has numerous uses in chemistry, and shouldn't really be too much of an indicator.

Boron finds uses in a few applications. It is used to make glass in some instances, i.e. borosilicate glassware. It's used in borax flux for metallurgy or soldering. Then again, it also has uses in nuclear chemistry, and this is another sign.

Was he making a dirty bomb? Actually, it's somewhat likely he was, or was in the process of gathering supplies. However, having these materials laying around, or in a chemistry set, isn't any indication! There must be other evidence to back this claim up.

I want to stress this point: some of these chemicals/elements have many other legal uses. More regulation and control is the last thing the scientific community needs. Heck, it's almost impossible for the home experimenter to practice chemistry anymore. Everybody suffers from chemophobia! Don't fear chemistry!

Am I defending this guy? Absolutely not. Am I defending home chemistry? You bet!

[edit on 11-3-2009 by Aleilius]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Would you like to purchase Uranium, Strontium, Thermite, or magnesium ribbon?

Visit unitednuclear.com... today and your kids can be playing with radioactive ore tomorrow

Thermite is really only good for welding, which helps to make weapons and technology obsolete when used for military purposes.

Start your backyard science projects today!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join