It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCI: Tech Fears Arise Over Norton and Pifts.exe

page: 34
<< 31  32  33   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Resist the narcotic undertow of the tellyvision!!!

It's just a clever trojan, ppl, srsly. If you were a trojan and wanted access thru a user-click-pass soft-firewall, what's the first site you'd ping? LOLCATZ!

"but it's an official norton file!!!" haha in my mouth. Delphi is beautiful script kiddie script to modify rt-click properties.

So srsly, calm down.

Delete it. The OP stuck his nose someplace shady and got a new trojan. They still make those? wool yea! Symantec didn't respond because they didn't know about it. No one sent it to them. and yes, you do have to send them viruses/trojans so that they can fight them. send it to me, weee!

touch @~ mymom

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Finally, it has also been reported by the Washington Post that hackers are taking advantage of this situation. "Some of the top searches (currently the 3rd and 4th result in a Google search) are Web sites that try to install malicious software when you visit them." When searching for information on "pifts.exe," Symantec strongly advises all users to be wary of following links to unknown sites as malicious users are attempting to use this hot topic to distribute malware.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I always uninstall Norton it blows

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zeimten
I always uninstall Norton it blows

After 7 years this is all that is added to the thread?

top topics

<< 31  32  33   >>

join