It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So where are the Russian and Chinese Area 51s?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I do not know of any and i wondered if you could give some light on this!

After all we have Google Earth now!
Its a matter of a few seconds to pay possible sites a visit

Any clues?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Russia Area 51? there are several of them some according to Tom Bearden having Scalar weapons

Check Yamantau mountain (theres a massive underground city superhardened against nuclear strikes and its the largest underground city ever ) also there are 27 underground cities with 3 (according to the military magazine Oganok-check oganok report 1993) .Most were constructed in the soviet era

Mount Yamantaw (Russian: гора Ямантау) is in the Ural Mountains, Bashkortostan, Russia. The name means evil mountain in the Bashkir language. It is also known as Mount Yamantau. It stands at 1,640 metres (5,381 ft) and is the highest mountain in the southern Urals. Along with Mount Kosvinsky (600 km to the north), it is suspected by the United States of being a large secret nuclear facility and/or bunker.[1] The closed military town of Mezhgorye (Russian: Межгорье) is situated nearby. As late as 2003, Yamantaw was not yet fully operational.[1]

Large excavation projects have been observed by U.S. satellite imagery as recently as the late 1990s, during the time of Boris Yeltsin's pro-Western government after the fall of the Soviet Union.[1] Two garrisons, Beloretsk-15 and Beloretsk-16, were built on top of the facility, and possibly a third, Alkino-2, as well, and became the closed town of Mezhgorye in 1995. They are said to house 30,000 workers each. Repeated U.S. questions have yielded twelve different responses from the Russian government regarding Mount Yamantaw[citation needed]. They have said it is a mining site, a repository for Russian treasures, a food storage area, and a bunker for leaders in case of nuclear war.[2] Responding to questions regarding Yamantaw in 1996, Russia's Defense Ministry stated: "The practice does not exist in the Defense Ministry of Russia of informing foreign mass media about facilities, whatever they are, that are under construction in the interests of strengthening the security of Russia."[2]

The facility is designed to withstand up to six direct thermonuclear hits in the event of an attack[citation needed]. Large rail lines run into and out of the mountain[citation needed]. It is rumored that a direct private subway line from Moscow has been constructed to Mount Yamantaw, for the transportation of government officials and others who would be useful in a post-nuclear environment, such as nuclear scientists[citation needed]. This line would be over 800 mi long. In the event of nuclear war, scientists at Mount Yamantaw would be able to construct and launch new nuclear weapons, a key part[citation needed] of the former Soviet Union's nuclear strategy.

Mount Yamantaw is near one of Russia's last remaining nuclear labs, Chelyabinsk-70, raising speculation that it already houses nuclear weapons. Russian newspapers reported in 1996 that it is a part of the "Dead Hand" nuclear retaliatory command structure. Some U.S. intelligence sources say Mount Yamantaw is only one of 200 secret Russian nuclear bases upgraded over the past six years.[citation needed]

On a visit to Russia, former U.S. Congressman Curt Weldon (R-PA), who had been following the story since 1995, asked about the mountain. "I went to Moscow and spoke with the deputy interior minister who was in charge of mining," Weldon said. "I asked him if there was any mining activity there. He just shook his head and said he had never heard of it. So I mentioned the other name the Russians use for it: Mezhgorye. He said he hadn't heard of that either. Then he sent an aide out to check. Twenty minutes later, the aide came back, visibly shaken. He said they couldn't say anything about it."
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Repeated U.S. questions have yielded twelve different responses from the Russian government regarding Mount Yamantaw[citation needed]. They have said it is a mining site, a repository for Russian treasures, a food storage area, and a bunker for leaders in case of nuclear war.[2] Responding to questions regarding Yamantaw in 1996, Russia's Defense Ministry stated: "The practice does not exist in the Defense Ministry of Russia of informing foreign mass media about facilities, whatever they are, that are under construction in the interests of strengthening the security of Russia."[2]

ENd quote

The US Government shouldn't expect other countries to tell them what it is , if they aren't going to tell other countries what they have .
Besides if anyone ever asks about the US area 51 all tehy get is " it doesn't exist, it doesn't exist, it doesn't exist".

And good point , where are all the secret bases for all the countries?
mind you they can't be called 'secret' once their found out can they?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I know where the Chinese Area 51 is

It's Under Wo Hops Restaurant on Canal street

They know what to do with aliens, cut em up, mix them into Wonton Soup and serve to Americans and tourists

Seriously, I bet the Chinese take a much harder line with the little creeps then we do...

[edit on 4-3-2009 by mopusvindictus]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Oh yeah.
I bet the Chinese are breeding them.
And Harvesting there organs.
Yamantu is not an area 51.
Its more like a Cheyenne mountain.
Where Russia keeps its Aliens I have no clue.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I was under the assumption that Kapustin Yar was the "Area 51" of Russia.

It has been their primary launch facility for rocket and tests.

Rumors say that underneath the base is where the real work is done and captured UFO's are reversed engineered. Also rumored the be a cryogenic facility as well.

It's much like our own Wright Patterson AFB, if you believe in that sort of thing.

Here is a link...www.ufodata.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Also China keeps some "hollow mountain" bases in northern Mongolia, and Tibet or whatever it's called now. Yes, Kapustin Yar, and many many more secret test sites exist from outside Leningrad to Vladivostok and Archangel in Siberia. The Russian secret agencies are a lot like the US programs, but not as compartmentalized, or well lit.
Besides, all the REALLY cool stuff doesn't even go in military bases, secret or otherwise. It's all sub-contracted out to private industry. Now to get into Raytheon, or GE, or dare I say the Rand Corporation Lab, now that would be a trip.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by dashen]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
USA has a considerably sized mountain caved out in my place.
The excuse for all the traffic was that its part of the local NATO base, and hence the traffic. Mind you the traffic was both aerial and naval...should i say sub-naval too? Well yes as a matter of fact they had the excavation going even to create subsea acces to the secret base via submarines.
All of this was always denied and scored out as a myth...
It just so happens that i have my local sources too as well as having been in the army for some time...

Conclusion?
Even the not so secret is denied. I mean i am good but not really a superspy and certainly not the only one to know.

Guess what? The Nato base was extensively used in the recent wars in the Saudis despite the Greek people protesting against it... There was not a soul going for /with those activities of western interest. At least all normal and everyday people were against those wars. It is not being antiamerican but just fair. (fair has become a pretty weird word lately and the meaning is hard to realise in real life..). Only people interested in the actual traffic were the various bussines owners...

Its some time now that the base is thought of being a Plan B base although until recently i was used as one of the main Base grid.
The secret of the excavated base under the mounted has always been carefully taken take for and not much chance for speculation was allowed.
To give you a grasp of what is lying in the mountain i will give you a glance at what is lying over it. Lets just say that you could walk for hours between thousands of thousands of bombs scattered in silos all over the place.
Anyway to cut a long story short the base is largely detairiorated to a secondary like base. At least that is the picture people are fed...
My opinion? NATO if not the US by itself has a prety good stash waiting under the mountain...

Secret bases are meant to be secret. The whole point of my example was to show that there is a hiden fire. One well hidden inded. The only thing is that no matter how well you hide that fire there is going to be at least some sideffect, ie smoke... and that is valid for most fires. Plenty of bases-just do not look for the sign "SECRET BASE" but rather investigate where they are and for what scope. This requires a multitude of people working in sync, but hey-Modern wonders have given us ATS! GEarth etc...

If i had a clue i would elaborate but for the time being i will do my homework on the previous posts.

Hope i havent bored you to the extreme!

(and that all of the above makes sense
-i am actually pretty excausted-starting to mulfunction.)

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainCaveMan
Oh yeah.
I bet the Chinese are breeding them.
And Harvesting there organs.
Yamantu is not an area 51.
Its more like a Cheyenne mountain.
Where Russia keeps its Aliens I have no clue.

wrong , Yamantau is much larger than Cheyenne and can withstand several nuclear attacks , which cheyenne can't

Yamantau is the crown jewel of soviet russian underground cities

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sadchild01

So is there any more information of these bases?
like at least some coords?

top topics

join