It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Hunters TV Show at Area 51

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I just finished watching the UFO Hunter Area 51 episode. I enjoyed it. It covered all the stuff that makes Area 51 interesting to me. I would have enjoyed it a little more if they would have really let John Lear go into some of his "wild" Area 51 claims. The Desert Rat did a great job not getting anybody killed climbing Tikaboo at night. It was neat to see Glenn involved in Area 51 again and in prime time. Peter Merlin definitely looked like a "Rock Star". The hat and jacket were great and his knowledge of the history of Area 51 and the different projects was impressive, but I already knew he is the real deal. The Hi Def shots from Tikaboo were great. The episode left me wondering "what the hell" is in that new hanger?" I also thought The Desert Rat looked a little shorter in Hi Def, or the guy he was with was really tall. Anyway, I give it a B+ I am sure the "hardcore" Black Project folks were offended by the Lazar and Lear stuff, but the Alien/UFO theories are what sells!!! Any other thoughts?

[edit on 28-2-2009 by DesertShadow]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
It was an 'OK' episode.

Nothing new really, besides the HD shots of the base.

I give it a 'C'.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DesertShadow

That show is is useless and is nothing more than one huge ad for "UFO" magazine.

They never show anything really new, it's the same old garbage, just repackaged as usual.

Meh...

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I was greatly impressed with the episode myself. It renewed my waning interest in the subject. I especially liked the footage of the incoming "object", which was estimated to be coming in for a landing at 3600 mph. That and actual footage of the so-called Janet flights. I could be wrong, but as far as I know, no one has ever actually proved definitively that that was their purpose. I always thought it was speculation. But now we all know for sure. Plus, alot of Lazar's claims were indirectly verified, by the former electrical engineer they interviewed, as far as the procedural, and identification measures taken there.

Just a few of examples of why I really liked the episode. There's more, but I'm in a bit of a haze right now and can't recall them.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Definite "C".

Groom has been done so many times,
it gets old.

John and Bob pics are fun, but gain what ?

Either get inside or admit that that we don't
know.

I've been to Groom. I admit, I don't know.

TW

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
The producers of "UFO Hunters" had an opportunity to do a new show about Area 51 with updated material. Instead, they just rehashed all the same old stuff that has been done before.

Watching the episode was like going back in time to 1995 when we didn't know much about Area 51 and just had a mysterious secret base, anonymous security guards, unmarked commuter planes, and wild rumors about reverse-engineered flying saucers.

We have so much more information now and none of it appeared in the show. Why not? They got a lot of the new stuff on camera but it didn't make the final edit.

Sure, they mentioned the new hangar but every time they did, they showed pictures of some of the old hangars. How hard would it have been to point the camera at the new hangar? Very disappointing overall.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DesertShadow

Let's face it, Area 51 is a test area. There is nothing unusual about the base in itself, and it being guarded by security teams who intimidate people who get too close is nothing knew. If they wanted to, they could create many more problems than hovering a helicopter, or chasing them with camouflage vehicles. A weak season finale for an other wise decent season.

new topics

top topics

join