It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Urine or You're Out'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by hypervigilant
The federal government may not force welfare or SSI recipients to pee in a bottle but disabled veterans have to, under threat of withdrawal of treatment for service connected conditions. .... I have had to do it 4 times in the last 12 months.

This is very strange. I'm not sure why they would do that to you unless you are being 'treated' for drug or alcohol dependency. I mean the VA prescribes more dope to vets then any institution I can think of. Personally I'd tell em to screw off. I would inquire a bit more to see if you have a power mad whack job giving you a hard time. I have never heard of this from a VA hospital.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2
I posted this question a while back, there's about 350 replies so far.

In a nutshell I don't (really) mind helping the people. (the system urgently needs reform but that is another discussion)

However I do NOT want to pay for someone's food and other perks so they can support an addiction to drugs or alcohol.

As for the privacy concerns--these people asked the Govt. to come help them. The Govt. isn't intruding in their lives, they asked them to be there!

asmeone, my apologies for any confusion I created. My general response was not directed toward you, though my reply was of your post. It was not at all intended to be directed at anyone personally. I was expressing my views to the self destructive segregation that keeps us powerless due to infighting and separatism. We accomplish nothing for ourselves by refusing to be united. This is all that stands in the way of our success? Together we are an unstoppable force that could accomplish anything we choose. Sadly, only we are unaware of this? Those against us know it best of all. Instead we refuse to realize this and continue to accept the wrong decisions made by those wanting to suppress us.

The fact is that we the powerful allow an inferior power to rule us. That ruler happens to be an evil force that thrives for suffering rather than happiness? They choose to starve the world when they can easily feed it? They choose to perpetuate war and death rather than defeat it? The overwhelming majority of the masses is directly opposed to these decisions. They are potentially far superior as well as a force of good. If good would take this power to rule, it would be used to have no rule at all. Only to remain conscious and ready to assert it as necessary, not exert it to harm. We are all equal as human beings on this planet. However, there are far more equals that desire good things for everyone and want decisions made that heal. Those good intentions are capable of making all the decisions and always have been. Without unity things will stay the same, so evils mission is to disrupt it. Ours is to deny them.

There task should logically be the more difficult, but they have always ruled? Regardless of that fact we have the capability to change that reality in the name of righteousness. If we all chose to think of how to better ourselves this would be a simple task. That people do not want to be better is our obstacle? That effort of thought was made by the author of this thread only it was not for our good? I'm confident they would rather use it for all our good, but why was it not? If we refuse to acknowledge our faults they will never heal. If we are conditioned to do this we only need to be aware of it happening. This is the message I'm trying to express. I may of offended you, but I think of you as my brother to fight with, not against. I want to join with people, despite petty differences, who are like me. People that have the same wishes and needs.

There is opposition, but pretending it is each other makes us irrelevant. That's what I believe we should confront? I want us to confront this and use it to encourage more of the same. Anyone, struggling with denial think about this. I'm not sure about everywhere, but in Michigan all houses built in suburbs since the late sixties have no windows on their side walls! People used to lean out those windows to interact with neighbors. There were no privacy fences or house alarms. Everyone relied on each other and were like family. Most people I know these days have never met any of their neighbors? That's not good progress.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

I had to take a U/A prior to being employed. No problem. I was Randomly chosen for another anytime someone else was suspected, again no problem. If my tax dollars are going for someone else to get high-problem.

I've never had somebody stand over me while I did the cup thing but then again I was known as the go to safe "ramdomly chose your name" guy. As long as they didn't test bor Budweiser I was fine. Even then, No Problem. There was never enough to "ding" me.

My theory, if you need assistance to get by, you shouldn't worry about the "cup test". If you can't pass, don't ask.

I have seen too many abuses of the system to even count.

Let the flames begin, it's just my opnion.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
what about people on meds most who are claiming are . so noo one will get security payments or over half id think will be worse off specially people in the 35 + zones.

depression/painkillers/anxiety/stress/codiene/slimers/overweight/
the list goes on.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by dashar

If you have a medical need, no worries, that can be documented. If your "medical" needs come from the street, worry time.

My fiancee has medical issues and HAS to have controlled drugs for that reason. I would not deny her any benefits because of that.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Xwino

My roommate is also subjected to the whiz quiz whenever he goes for an appointment. Not sure of the reason for it, mayhaps a statistical thingy.

Agree that the VA is quite the pusher.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

I agree 100%. I also believe that you should be a natural born citizen to qualify for assistance form the Federal or State governments.
Unfortunately, If we keep treating illegals all too much like citizens and keep helping them out more or less for free, they will keep coming.
Until we all recognize the fact we are all Humans, we have to maintain.
And the only way to maintain is to take care of our own needs first. Once we have our own house in order, by all means we should help out. You don't starve "your" children to feed someone else who is perfectly capable of feeding themselves now do you?

While I do not agree that Urine test are constitutional, if one group is getting them, all should.
Pee test mean additional expenses for the governments to need money for. Win, Win on their part, I guess.

[edit on 27/2/2009 by reticledc]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join