It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

additional research locations at area 51?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I will also be heading to Area 51 sometime in March... i was curious if anyone had any additional locations or coordinates to spots that would be hotspots for viewing.. I'm looking for more untraditional locations...locations were flight paths would be more common.

I've already sat at the back gate, front gate, tikaboo, telephone pole locations and was curious if there are any other spots where they are running flights and that the camos commonly patrol but are less known that the regular locations... Perhaps even in Mercury NV. As usual i will report back here with photograps and videos of anything unusual we may see.

please u2 me if you prefer not to share coordinates on the open forum.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by hiii_98]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

i'd honestly search google

if you haven't already ...

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
i have and most researchers wont share the real shot spots for fear of them being exposed on the net.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

I'm not entirely sure what you are looking for? What kind of flights?

Dave KMZ

Dave GPX

These links (first a KMZ, the second a GPX for your GPS) take you to a spot where Dave Simms used to watch the range. [It's not the spot where they spread his ashes.] This is more appropriate for weapons school, but you might see other stuff. You can see the Cedar Ranch area from all sorts of locations, but you stick out like a wart on the landscape. This spot is a bit more stealthy. I don't think you will get a dude visit though.

The general area is a place where the aircraft often break the sound barrier.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
from my research it sounds like REVEILLE PEAK is a real hot spot. I mean if your going to see somthing you really need to go somewhere obsure. Everyone now knows about Freedom Ridge and Tikaboo Peak... how many know where REVEILLE PEAK is and why they should visit that over Tikaboo?

thanks for the links btw

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Go to Base Camp. You can see the friggin runway from the highway. Also I think you legally drive through the property as it is a county road which leads to public lands in the Warm Spring Mountains.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
i've read that, however i've also read that parking out there is a major problem and you will be personally harassed by security and asked to move (or possibly...be moved...)

thanks for the advice, as it would be ALOT easier to campout at BaseCamp as opposed to what is considered 5x more difficult a hike (REVEILLE PEAK ) than Tikaboo...

[edit on 4-3-2009 by hiii_98]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
so i've been poking around looking at other potential hotspots and i'm not quite sure if this is within the NTR borders.. i want to make sure i'm safe and on public land. The location is called Mount Diablo (creepy huh?)... it appears to be next to the border and from what i can tell on google earth offers and EXCELLENT view of area 52. Can anyone share the pros and cons of this location? Also almost looks like it has a nice turnaround parking lot on top of the mountain so no need to even hike! I want to campout overnight and i'm starting to realize area 52 might be hotter than area 51 if you really want to see some exotic planes.

link to map of location

[edit on 8-3-2009 by hiii_98]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

What are the co-ords on Dialblo, I am trying to locate it. I too am planning a trip this spring, and have been looking for alternative locals other than Tikaboo (sp?)

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
click on my link above for coordinates

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

Yep, I am braindead today...lol, I don't know about getting to that small mountain range, hell it's right next to the TTP airport....

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
i've read that most test flights occur monday-friday. would monday count as 12am?

in other words arriving sunday and watching all night long until monday morning...would there be a probability that the weekday flights would occure somewhere between 12am-4am Monday morning? Or more likely Monday evening 9pm till whenever...

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
anyone know where around a51 there is cell reception? I just found a way to trasmit LIVE video feed on the internet from whereever i'm at via my iphone. Thought it would be pretty cool to have the camera transmitting live as we climb the mountain and positioned on the base..but alas i'm pretty sure we wont have a signal after about 1/2 hour from vegas towards rachel

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The iphone is GSM. It might work at Mt. Diablo, but I think it won't. I have GSM, and it dropped out about half way done the road to the base. I don't recall trying to use it on Diablo.

I made this GSM overlay for google earth:
www.lazygranch.com/google_earth/other/gsm.kmz

final four

Sorry about the grain, but everything was pretty far away.

To get to Mt. Diabo, you can park next to it and do a short hike, or carefully take a road to the top. This road does not cross the border. I was met by DOE security while on Mt. Diablo and the guy couldn't have been nicer. USAF security (perhaps a contractor) was another story. No contact, but the guy went around writing down license plate numbers. The DOE guard, being nice, got our names, which we freely volunteered.

Here is the KMZ of the route
Mt. Diablo

If you have a GPS (and you should have one), here is the GPX file.
www.lazygranch.com...
Mt Diablo GPX

I think the forum is going to make it hard to download that GPX.
As a last resort, try this:
/cjhd2b
tiny url

You need to do a save-as to get the file into your GPS.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Cell reception is possible from atop Mt. Tikaboo.

Hope this helps.

TW

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Two Worlds
Cell reception is possible from atop Mt. Tikaboo.

I have never noticed this.... are you sure?? Perhaps i just assumed it wouldnt work as it wont work anywhere around racheal or alamo ect...

also those coordinates to Mt. Diablo appear to show the trail going trough the TTR boundry... it appears you would need to be on the other side of the boundry to acccess the road leading to the Mt.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
When I had Verizon, I got cell service on TIkaboo. This can't be done with GSM. Your cell phone will see a GSM signal due to the great radio horizon of being on Tikaboo, but the timing will not allow GSM to work at such a distance. [It is probably see one of the GSM cell sites along route 95.]

If you follow the path I indicated, you will not cross the TTR boundary. There is a more aggressive path that goes right up the side of the hill. I took that path to get up, but the guard from the DOE asked me to use the other path that follows the border. [Less erosion.]

Bring a copy of "Red Eagles" with you when you park on Diablo. If you get a visit from the guard, just say you are trying to soak up the TTR atmosphere as you read the book.

new topics

top topics

join