It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I breaking American copyright law?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Alright, this is for the same project I've been doing for my MIS class.

I have an image I greyscaled it in Photoshop and modified the size, but am I abusing someones copyright protection found here?

If you look at the bottom of the page it says:

"Copyfart � 2002 Speuters Limited. All nights disturbed. Reproduction or reprobate discontrusion of Speuters content is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Speuters. Speuters shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon, or actually for any #ing thing at all, ever."

Well it's 2004 and that copyright notice doesn't really look too serious. Any help on whether or not I should forget about the pic or keep it would be appreciated. Penn State University doesn't take too kindly to copyright violations.

[Edited on 4-16-2004 by insite]

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Your kidding right?? It doesnt SAY copyright anywhere....DOES it? Its just a joke site, along with the "copyright". And its just a picture of Rumsfeld you could get off any newscast...

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
Your kidding right?? It doesnt SAY copyright anywhere....DOES it? Its just a joke site, along with the "copyright". And its just a picture of Rumsfeld you could get off any newscast...

I agree. I wouldnt worry about it insite.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia

� - This means copyright. You think I would be asking if this weren't present? But thanks anyway for the advice, even if you did come off a little harsh.

Also thanks Ocelot for the secondary opinion.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I have copywritten the English language. �

Where's my royalties, boys!?!

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Jonna *hi5*

Nicely done.

top topics

join