It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MARAUDER:- Ball Lightning as a Weapon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Interesting article I came across in my weekly trawl of world weather stories:

Source

Ball lightning has been the subject of much scientific scrutiny over the years. And, as with many powerful natural phenomena, the question arises: "Can we turn it into a weapon?" Peculiar as it may seem, that's exactly what some researchers are working on -- even though it hasn't even been properly replicated in the laboratory yet.

~ ~ ~

So a ball lightning weapon remains tantalizingly out of reach –- or does it? As I noted in a previous article on military ball lightning, the USAF’s Phillips Laboratory examined a very similar concept in 1993. Again, this involved accelerating a donut-shaped mass of plasma to high speed as an anti-missile weapon in a project called Magnetically Accelerated Ring to Achieve Ultra-high Directed Energy and Radiation, or MARAUDER. Based on the Air Force's awesome Shiva Star power system, experiments spat out plasmoids at ultra-high speed that were expected to reach 3,000 kilometers a second by 1995. But nothing was published after 1993, and MARAUDER was classified, disappearing into the black world of secret programs.

Anyone know anything else about Marauder or other research into controlling ball lightning/plasmoids?

Could experimentation be responsible for some UFO sightings? Or even other events? The conspiracy possiblities are endless

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
let me know if you find something. Lightning has always fascinated me, and especially ball lightning.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
It figures I would se this now that my brain is pure mush...

Ok I read a story and I promise I will look for it...

I read and saw on TV about controlling and physically aiming lighting by using a tube of compressed inert gas. I cannot by any means deem ball lightning impossible after seeing someone fire bolt lightning across the room...I am so angry that I can't find this link

will be back shortly I hope

-Kyo

new topics

join