It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Letting go of expectations is the key to personal freedom

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
This ENTIRE PREMISE......is nothing more than living in THE NOW....being fully present, I have realized.
When your living FULLY in the present moment, then your mind isn't wandering around in the 'what if' of possible futures....
When you let go off ALL expectations, there is no way you can be disappointed in any given situation.

My real obstacle to achieving this state is having full blown PTSD from childhood abuse......and my mind can get stuck in the past, like the skipping of a needle on a phonograph...
I have been seriously working on this glitch of mine, with the help of a pshycologist for the past 7 years.....I just got to a point where I NEEDED to get past all of it....but I have learned it will always be there. What matters most to me, is trying to not give it any attention, or waste anymore of my life attempting to make sense of the unexplainable.
I wish I could just make it GO AWAY........I get very hopeful when I hear about developed drugs that erase memories.

I guess with all the work I have been doing, it is easy for me to digest the premise of letting go of expectations.....it makes TOTAL sense to me, and feels like a soft and warm breeze blowing on my cheek, singing to me of pure freedom from worry......freedom from the 'what ifs'

I wish I could see as easy a path to the end of the WHAT WAS, as it is for me to see end the WHAT MIGHT BE.

(edited to fix my dyslexic mistakes as always)

[edit on 25-2-2009 by theRiverGoddess]

<< 1   >>

join