It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Making a Frontpage look like it wasn't used

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
How do you know when frontpage was used instead of doing HTML on a notepad? Is it all that meta=head crap that you see on the source data that comes before ?

I have to do a project for my Management Information Systems class and I have copied some of the codes from pages I've done on Frontpage into the notepad (we aren't allowed to use Frontpage). Do I just delete all the meta junk and leave the source looking clean and keep the codes easy?

Should I cheat and use frontpage or do you think the minimal amount of extra work I have to do to just copy codes into notepad is worth it?

If I don't hear anything I'll just do it in notepad and keep it to my level.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Yes is the short answer, however there is more.

FrontPage also does other things in your code that can identify it.

It will stick in links to files that it uses like "animate.js", etc. This could give the game away too, if you do decide to cheat.

If you are only doing plain html tags, you might get away with it, but avoid _javascript, CSS, and DHTML if you can, as FrontPage makes these quite obviously it's own.

After a while, you learn to recognize FrontPage files. I was our company webmaster for 3 years, and we use FrontPage and Dreamweaver. They both produce code which can be quite obviously not yours.

It's your call

EDIT, I didn't add the underscore to the word _javascript, the system did. he he

[Edited on 14-4-2004 by Zzub]

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Thanks Zzub,

It's only an introductory course and the project is supposed to be HTML so I don't think I have to worry. But thanks for the tip, it will serve me well as a future reference.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I use FP on my site.
Its quick and easy for making the tables, you can see from its style tags that its FP though. Also FP uses end tags that you can skip manually, like /li and br/

I would make the table layout in FP, copy and paste to notepad, or htmlkit. I would also use CSS to cut down the work as well.

Once the tables are made the rest is just as fast in notepad ...

[Edited on 14-4-2004 by Netchicken]

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I use FrontPage on several of my homework assignments in a basic HTML course simply because I think it is ridiculous to type it all out by hand when I already know how to do it by hand. Just be sure to delete any of the comment tags that it generates.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I am a site developer for DuPont and other notable companies and one of the "rules" given to the designers / developers directly from DuPont headquarters is that FrontPage is NOT to be used or contracts will be terminated. FrontPage tends to write some extremely funky code. It's really messy and the external extensions can be a real nightmare.

You may want to read this: www.sws.pcc.edu...

top topics

join