It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blagojevich Wanted $10,000 Donation From Burris

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Source

"A published report says U.S. Senator Roland Burris acknowledges he was asked for up to $10,000 in campaign donations by former Gov. Rod Blagojevich's brother before he was appointed to the senate seat by Blagojevich.

The Chicago Sun-Times reports on its Web site Saturday that Burris didn't make the donation. Burris gave the newspaper a copy of a sworn statement he has sent to the head of the Illinois House impeachment committee.

Burris says he sent the affidavit to House Majority Leader Barbara Flynn Currie when he realized his testimony before the committee wasn't complete."

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

My, my, Chicago politics! Chicago politicians!

I wonder what they do to you in Chicago when you don't pay the brother the $10,000? LOL

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
They quickly elect you to a senate seat

Anyways this ain't over by a long shot

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Seems more "lies" are coming to light

In the latest of those admissions, Burris said he looked into mounting a fundraiser for Rod Blagojevich -- later charged with trying to sell Obama's Senate seat -- at the same time he was expressing interest to the then-governor's aides about his desire to be appointed.

Burris has said he neither paid nor promised Blagojevich anything for the appointment. Blagojevich named Burris to succeed Obama on December 30, about three weeks after he was arrested and charged with scheming to try to profit from the seat.

Burris later filed an affidavit with the impeachment committee, made public last weekend, in which he said the governor's brother had asked him for fundraising help, and detailing other contacts he made with the governor's aides.

"It's evident that he wasn't forthcoming and didn't tell the whole truth as required by the committee," State Representative Jack Franks, a Democrat, told Reuters. "I don't think he ever should have taken the appointment. I think he was complicit with Governor Blagojevich in perpetrating this fraud.

"Now, with these revelations, I think he needs to resign," Franks said, adding he called on the U.S. Senate to launch an ethics committee investigation of Burris.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

Good find, tks for posting it!

I think Burris has succeeded in showing us that he is a bisness as usual corrupt Illinois politician. Whether the people of Illinois will allow Burris to stay in office and perpetuate their fradulent system remains to be seen.

Sadly his race may give him a free pass.

top topics

join